The Feeling of Death

RedRoses [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MUST LISTEN: 2PM "Without You"

 

"He's alive!"

"Oh My God. It's Kim JongIn."

"Someone get the stretcher!"

"Can you hear me?"

His heart was still beating. He was alive. Water came out in loud coughs.

"He's conscious!"

"Son, can you hear me?"

"Jong... J-Jong... Suk...."

"What did he say?"

"Lee Jong...Suk.."

"Lee JongSuk is alive!"

He was barely conscious, fighting to stay awake though every single breath he took was painful. His breathing came out in raspy, quick huffs and his body felt limp. He couldn't feel his legs. There was a stinging pain that shot through his head as he tried to get up. 

But still, in a situation like this one, he wasn't thinking about his own life. All he could think about was the despair that would overwhelm his fiancé if her brother was dead. 

As the past few hours flashed in and out of his head, they flooded his brain and sparked a certain emotion in him.

Pain.

He had gone through a hell lot of pain. Not just physically, but emotionally and mentally. But even at a time like that, what about her? What about her pain? Did she hurt just as much? And even now, he was sure the news had reached her. And it hurt him even more to know that she was devastated.

Was it worth it?

Was it worth it- the two of them, putting themselves through all this pain? Maybe he should just have let them be. Just let Kara remain the way she was. Maybe she may not have been so happy. But was a mundane life, a life that was just low-key, normal and private, better than one of constant pressure and pain? 

He did this to her.

He started it.

He was the one, the one so in love, the one who made her fall in love. He was the one who was reckless, careless, thoughtless.  He was the very one who decided to go around proclaiming their relationship to the world. He didn't realize the danger. With fame and popularity came a huge cost. And he may have brought her a lot of public recognition and money, but he was the person who sacrificed her privacy.

He dragged her into this.

He closed his eyes as he clenched his fists. As his body was being gingerly lifted, his mind drifted elsewhere. 

When

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter