2 The Fountain

Day-Dreamer

{ AUTHOR NOTE }

I am realizing I am better with dialogue then with descriptive writing. Oh Well...Enjoy :D

~~~~

" Eh? " I asked as he looked at me not breaking eye contact. What was up with this guy?

He was wearing light denim jeans and a plain white tee shirt covered with a black long coat and matching snapback cap. His face was pretty not like normal males you see in the states, and his feline eyes were harsh but beautiful at the same time and he seemed to have alot of sass, or maybe that is cause he was tapping his foot on the floor like someone stole his poptart.

" You're not allowed to take money out the fountain. " He said obviously not to happy with my existance. " PLUS, why would you put your hands in dirty water like that, you dont know what or who could have peed in it. " Crossing his arms staring me down. I think he was guilty of peeing in the fountain...Just saying.

" Uhhh..." I looked over at Renee who just nodded and shrugged. " Is he the Hall monitor?...Do colleges have those? " He remind me of my mother but I had the incredible urge to punch him. Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the condo complex. 

" You're not gonna say anything? " He said tapping his foot on the ground again, I responded by getting up and walking away from him. " Soooo not dealing with this diva right now " I said under my breath so only Renee could hear me.

" Ummmm...Uhhhh....She does this " Renee said pointing in my direction to the cat boy while smiling and waving goodbye, chasing after me. 

" Yah! " The feline boy yelped before huffing and turning away walking back to his group of friends.

" Weird girls " He said to them and they all shared a laugh at his expense while patting his back.

 

I turned the corner to marker nameplates on a big wall, I guess this was the list of room numbers and teacher names. I glanced at the board and studied a hand written note that said::

New Student Orientation
ROOM:: B-10

I pointed to the note and got Renee's attention right away, she jumped up and down grabbing my arm. We walked down the seemingly long hallway that was plastered by posters, pictures and art work which reminded me of my time in Kingergarten when the class would make projects and hang them around the school to show our parents, when they came in for Parent Teacher Night's. Only looking at the artwork it was very different. Professional. Amazing.

I ran my hands over the frames of some of the artwork with my free hand, the other still held by Renee as I looked at the colors, specially one painting in particular. My eyes widened when I saw it, the painting was a couple embracing under a dark blue night sky. The man held her hands tightly as the woman was fading in front of him turning into stars that littered the sky.

" My dream...You think there is another person here who dreams the same things I do?..Is that possible? " I whispered smirking before Renee tugged at my arm.

" We are here, Amber " She said pointing to the door to the left. 

We walked up to the door that was cracked open and stepped inside to see a couple rows of faces staring us down. I turned my head to Renee who was looking at me with a bit of worry. My once positive friend was scared. As much as I was. " Come now you're suppose to be protecting me " I nudged her arm which caused a smile to appear back on her face.

" Ah, you two are early, come on in. " The elderly woman motioned for us to take the seats up at the top, which caught our attention right away.

I could feel pairs of eyes watching us as I walked up the steps and took my seat in the middle of the long row of chairs, I felt like I was gonna barf. Maybe it was the altitude of being so high, I smiled at my dumb humor and shook my head. I watched the clock as the teacher said we would start the Orientation run down in five minutes.

" I also invited a couple of students who have been here before as guides to help you accomidate better ". She glanced at a couple of the boys in the front row as I looked over at Renee who who was off in her own little world.

" Are you ok Renee? " I asked looking over to my friend who was staring down at the same group of boys, throwing little paper balls at eachother. With a pink blush in her cheeks and a goofy smile that made me curious as to what caught her eye, or whom.

" Reneeeeeeeeeee. " I said nudging her, which made her come back into reality a bit but never leaving her gaze.

Sighing, I shooked my head at her and smiled. " Which one? " 

She giggled and pointed to one of the four boys. They were indeed handsome guys after all, each having unique charms. 

I reconized one of them right away, because he was the feline sassy pants from the water fountain only his ugly scowel was replaced a smile and his hat was now on the desk in front of him which hid his blonde locks of obviously dyed hair. He was staring at a toned guy who had a toothy grin and bright puppy eyes, his hair was a two toned a rich brown and blonde hue and was incredibly short, or being the shortest in the group of men.. " He has a nice smile " I said under my breath before glancing at the next boy who was the tallest in the group. He had bamby frog eyes which didnt seem to suit his face and was very modelesque but also had a long dark brown mop on his head that was in need of some brushing or some detangler.

However among the guys she choosen, He...was the baby, that much you can tell, from his slim frame to his fish lips and his long hair that would give most women a run for their money " cute " I said and smiled at Renee who nodded and placed her hands on her cheeks admirering her new crush.

" You want to tap that booty? " I said laughing resting my head against hers. Renee blushed right away looking at me with open in shock causing my head to jerk down almost hitting the table,

" Amber! You are so bad. " 

" I try " I said shrugging as I heard the rap a tap of a ruler on the table ahead of us.

" Alright everyone settle down " The teacher said closing the door and walking up to the board writing her name on the board. 

" Hello everyone my name is Mrs. Park, I am the leading writing teacher in the arts program, There is Mr. Hoojin who is the lead Photography teacher, and sadly couldnt attend today's Orientation due to his busy class scheduling. " She began to speak and after that it was kind of like a Charlie Brown senerio as she listed all the teachers for every department and explained how the next few days would be to get us comfortable in our new " education "..wah wah wah wah wah wah. 

After 10 minutes I was bored. Doesnt take much, I have the attention span of a gold fish.

I got the jist of it though, least I got my teachers name. I leaned my head against my hands staring at Mrs. Park talk and some reason not being able to put the words into a proper sentence. For whatever reason I couldnt concentrate. My mind brought me back to that painting in the hallway. How similar it was and how real it felt. I am not sure. 

The door suddenly opened and in walked in a guy. Student apparently from the casual denim jean and black shirt he wore. His hair was long and shaggy reminding me of a puffy bunny that draped over one of his eyes as the other tucked behind his ear. I couldnt see much of his face because I felt like I was in a foot ball stadium but I heard the boys in the front calling out his name.