3 The Book

Day-Dreamer

{ AUTHOR NOTE }

So the original editor is not working for me, so I am sorry it doesnt look normally like it is supposed to. I guess I will have to edit it when I am able to use it again. This is my first time writing in other peoples point of view..as a newbie in writing I tend to space out and go in 30 different directions. I hope you enjoy it and thank you for the subs I have gathered already. :D 

 

 

" Jinkiiiiiiiiii. Onew....Did you get lost " A mixture of noises came out their mouths as the boy named Jinki bowed to Mrs. Park and assumed his saved seat next to Bambi Frog Boy, but not before the boy named Jinki looked around the room and directly at me causing me to catch my breath and look down at my notepad in a quick instant.
" Anyways..." Mrs. Park started to talk again which made me sigh and go back into daydream land.

 

( The Boy Named Jinki PV )

 

I glanced around the room at the familiar faces I have seen throughout my 2 years of college and saw some of the same familiar girls who waved to me with their love stares. I shrugged it off and heard some of the guys calling my name. 

" Jinnnnkkiiii, Onew, Did you get lost? " I laughed as I saw Kibum crossing his arms in his usual diva fashion at me. I smiled and walked over to Minho but not before looking a couple rows above us. A girl with pink hair caught my eye, I couldnt see her very well because when her eyes connected with mine she quickly glanced away. However,I looked over to her friend who was staring down at my boys, obviously entranced by Taemin. " Goodluck " I thought and sat down with a smirk.

" Now everyone, it seems this term we have some familiar faces. " Mrs. Park glanced in our direction which caused us to wave our hands at her, me included. " They have volunteered to help some of the new people around school for the first couple of days...Kinda like guides, your angels around campus." She clasped her hands together, smiled and I just looked away sighing. 

" So now I am gonna call on the new students so they could introduce themselves and we can all be acquainted. " The teacher said pointing to the row of students in the back. We always knew who the new ones would be. In the back, far away so the teacher wouldnt notice them but in fact that is where the teacher called on the most. Specially Mrs. Park, I have learned in first hand in my beginning years of KSA and still to this day just dont want to be bothered.

We watched a couple students tell us about themselves and their lives as they thought we cared about them. The usual " Please take care of me " and noticed all the students looked the same. The same passion, the same drive, the same explanation as to why they are at KSA. To be honest we have heard it all before, every orientation, Why were we required to go? Simply because as the guys who knew everything about the school had to show the people who didnt around. Something I hated doing, something I was forced to do, By my good friend Kibum. " It would be good to meet new people, specially you Jinki " Kibum said in a positive tone. " You're always so quiet " he nudged me and signed my name on the roster of volunteers. " hmmm " I said to Kibum, not wanting to argue with him because I already knew it was a battle I would never win. So here I am...

 " Renee " Mrs. Park said and I turned myself around to face the back and watched her get up and smile before speaking. She was a cute girl from first glance long blonde hair, I couldnt see her eyes from my view but she was curvy with a bubbly expression something that reminded me of Minho whenever we played basketball free period..He'd win..I hurt myself.

" Hello my name is Renee, I am 20 years old and I want to be a world renowned writer, I am currently internet famous for my fanfictions I write about people I admire. I am also deciding on taking some art classes in painting and I do alot of dancing on the side, I guess you can say I am kinda an overachiever and I want to strive to do my best. " 

She smiled to herself a bit before sitting down. Hmmm Fanfiction? I wonder what that is. I might have to look it up. I looked over to Minho who was patting Taemins shoulder leaning into his ear. " It seems you might see her around more often, you should get better acquanited eh? " His smirk was suggestive and Taemins eyes widened as a faint blush upon his cheeks. " I...I...Dont know..maybe? " Taemin said back a Minho before shrugging it off taking one final look at Renee before glancing at Key, who definitely was not pleased.

" Amber, your turn. " 

I looked next to Renee at the girl named Amber, she looked up at the teacher with dilated eyes, a wide spread panic. I could tell from the start she was just like me, didnt want to be bothered but at the same time wanted to tell everyone or someone all about her. Her long pink hair swooped in front of her face as she stood up looking around the room for any comfort landing her eyes on me as she spoke.

" My name is Amber, I am 24 years old...I decided Photography was my passion, I will only be taking photography classes for the moment...I am not strong in anything else really. " A faint smile came over her plump glossed lips as she broke contact with me bowing slightly and sitting back down laying her head on Renee's shoulder, obviously from embarrassment because her cheeks were dusted with a bright pink. "Cute " I thought.

 I tried my best to hold in my laughter as the other guys looked at me in amusement. Minho nudged my shoulder shaking his head at me. I looked up at the pink haired girl to see her glaring at me.

 

( Amber Pv ) 

 

Rubbing at the back of my head I for the life of me couldnt think of anything to say about myself. I am pretty boring when it comes to speeches especially about myself..I had a passion for photography, to capture beauty that others couldnt see from far away places, but I wasnt about to tell a room full of strangers my passion to take scenic pictures of waterfalls, skies and raindrops...most of all the stars.

As I stood up I couldnt concentrate on my task at hand, obviously a state of a panic I needed to find something...anything to concentrate on...thats when I noticed him staring at me with those kind eyes...somehow I felt comfortable..safe.

" My name is Amber, I am 24 years old...I decided Photography was my passion, I will only be taking photography classes for the moment...I am not strong in anything else really. "

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the shaggy bunny snickering, and being nudged by Bambi to keep quiet. He looked up at me and immediately stopped laughing as I was really angry at his existence, he looked down as his hair shagged in front of his face and then back up at me with somewhat sympathetic eyes, before I focused my glance back on my notepad pretending to write something important as my cheeks got hot and flushed. "Who does he think he is.." I mumbled digging my pen into the paper.

As I was designing my plans to be invisible for the semester Renee nudged me which caused me to look over at her. " Hmmm? " I said as she pointed down at the rows of people getting up to leave. The boys already half way out the door, and the lover girls quickly following behind.

" Do you want to go to the school cafe? Gives us a chance to know where something is when we want to hide. " Renee said standing up and pulling me up with her catching my plan, I didnt have much to say so I just nodded grabbing my stuff and placing them in my cherry red messenger bag and linked my arms with her. Climbing down the stairs I noticed Mrs. Park signalling the new students in a little circle.

" I am not sure how you students would like to do this but I put up a picture list of students and their volunteers. You dont have to do it if you dont want to but they are there if you have any questions. " Mrs. Park saying clapping her hands together proud of herself.

Renee ran over to the list and looked at all the pictures of student/volunteer couplings, and I stayed behind the crowd because I am pretty sure I am capable enough to find classes on my own. " Pretty sure..I am" I said shrugging to myself as Renee came back giggling.

" So you gonna ditch your bestfriend for your volunteer? " I said ruffling her hair a bit which caused her to push me, and fix her hair quickly. 

" I am not sure yet, I dont know who he is. I cant read it... " She said pointing to the list. I started to push through the people to get to this list and glanced down the rows and rows of tiny pictures and small lettering. Seriously? Did she think I could read this hieroglyphics. " What the hell does it say? " I called back to Renee who couldnt hear me over the sound of girls and guys squealing over their volunteers. Apparently I was the only one who didnt understand. Maybe I was old fashioned? Why couldnt the teachers take us around the campus?

I ran down the list with my finger and found my bestfriends name.

Renee - Taemin.

 " Yo Renee, you are with someone named Taemin? " I said waving my hand in the air at her causing some looks in my direction and then at her, " What did I say something wrong? " I looked at the girl next to me who reminded me of a mouse. Sad. Lost and confused. 

" He is a SHINee boy. " She mumbled quietly looking up at me with lovestruck eyes.

" A What? Should I be worried? What the hell is a SHINee boy? It sounds like a cult. " I asked reaching my hand out to Renee who was jumping up and down in the back of the crowd wanting to know what the mouse girl was saying. We linked hands and I pulled in the crowd mosh pit style before she thanked me and held tightly on my arm. 

The mouse girl giggled and held out a book with 5 boys on the cover. It seemed to be a homemade book with personalized pictures taken and each page was dedicated to a member. I blinked a couple times and looked over at Renee with a sour face.

" SHINee is a group that was formed in this school, They are all in the music program together but study independently in other fields. " I nodded questionably as she continued to show us the pages in her book like an excited girl at Christmas. She seemed to enjoy the company, like she doesnt get it often.

- Inside the Book -

(( A/N:: I felt like describing what was in the book with notations from each character. Like I have stated I am so much better with dialouge))

First Page 

Mouse:: " This is Kibum, but people call him Key. He is in the Music/Fashion courses, and wants to eventually make his own clothing line, and be in Seoul Fashion Week. "

Amber:: "Ahh this is the diva from the fountain, dont touch the coins!"

Renee:: " He does not like you "

I glanced at his page to see him in varies of unposing pictures. Each picture had delicate features and multi color hair options, but I wont deny it that he has killer fashion sense. There was another picture that was of him in drag with the words " Gwiboon " in pastel pink letters, even in womens clothes he was pretty and plastered, light makeup sweeped his feline eyes which made them more defined. I was jealous of a male.

Amber:: "Is he gay? "

Renee:: " AMBER!!! Don't say the G word."

Renee hit my arm and gave me one of those dont judge a book by its multi colored cover stares.

Mouse:: "I uh...well I dont know, he spends alot of time with Jonghyun..and is very protective of Taemin."

Mouse said unsure of herself, like I opened Pandora's box, she quickly turned the page. I smiled at Renee and mouthed the words " G - A - Y " which again she punched me in the arm. I rubbed the sore spot and bumped her smiling.

Second Page

Mouse:: " This is Jonghyun, he is the shortest member but makes it up in physical perfection. He is in the Music/Writing courses. He wants to be a composer. He is also the starter of the fanclub."

The second page was PLASTERED with pictures of this dino puppy...I errr mean Jonghyun. Out of all the members he had to be the most photogenic, and she was right he was pretty...too pretty to date and too pretty to be tied down. He gave me bad vibes, or maybe cause I saw him shirtless. I couldnt direct my eyes off the picture page, like I was looking at some sort of soft core .

Amber:: "I cant look away."

Renee:: "He is too handsome"

Amber:: "Can I bite him?"

Renee:: "Why wasn't he at Orientation?"

Amber:: "Can I bite him?"

Renee:: "You said that already...."

Amber:: "It needed to be said twice."

Renee and I looked at eachother laughing a bit causing Mouse to smile widely at our similar interests. She turned the page.

Third Page

Mouse:: " This is Taemin. He is the youngest in the group of boys, the most sought out by girls and the most protected by the boys. Including Kibum, who promised his parents to take good care of him. Taemin is in the Music/Dancing courses. "

Renee:: " Hmmm...I wonder if we will end up in Dance class together then..."

The pages was covered with goofy pictures in different outfits, mostly was of him in the practice room, sweat forming on his face, body and through all of that he was still smiling. The other pictures were productions with the five boys where they made him dress up in wigs and skirts, and he looked so much like a girl, I couldnt believe it if they told me it was a boy.

Amber:: "So this is Renee's partner?"

Mouse:: "Yes."

Amber:: " Is he Gay too? "

Mouse:: " I think they like to dress him up a lot. "

Renee:: ........... 

Amber:: "Hey Renee isnt this the guy ---"

Renee put her hand over my mouth to shush me while shaking her head at me. I nodded as she let go of my mouth and I gave her a smirk of congrats. She started to turn pink before she grabbed the book and turned it to the next page for Mouse stopping the talk of her newly found crush.

Fourth Page

Mouse:: " This is Minho, he is the tallest in the group. He is an athletic star and is in the Music/Sports courses. Has the highest Long Jump score in the area. He is also kind of...um..a ladies man. " 

Amber:: " So he is a ? "

Renee:: " Amber.. "

Amber:: " "

Renee:: "You are impossible! "

Amber:: " He has giant Bambi Frog Eyes "

I smiled as I looked at the pages full of Minho Aeygo. He was very cute. All the pictures were of him make silly faces at the camera or pictures of him posing after a victory of long jumping success. The last picture was of him spreading his arms out like he was flying, a pair of photo shopped wings were behind him. He looked heavenly and friendly. 

Renee:: "Impressive"

Mouse:: " Yes he is driven and very competitive. "

Amber:: " "

She turned to the last and final page, when my eyes almost popped out of my head seeing the familiar face, I wanted to punch. Like L.Joe from Teen Top.

Fifth Page

Mouse:: " This here is the Leader, Jinki to close people but Onew to the rest. He is in the Music/Photography courses and is really shy. He doesnt talk much to be honest except to the boys. All the girls try to get him to talk but he just shuts them out. I think he likes to be alone. " 

After that point I couldnt really hear the faint mouse squeaks as the page was littered with a shaggy bunny face. Most of the pictures was him with a camera in his hand. A picture with him taking a picture. I snickered as I saw other pictures of him eating by himself or staring up at the sky. 

Renee:: " He reminds me of you, Amber " 

Amber:: " Weird.."

Renee:: "This is the guy who was laughing at you. "

Amber:: " Yeah..It seems it was "

I said as Mouse closed the book up and looked up at us.

"Anyways they are really popular so you two are lucky to get to be paired up with them. " She said before walking away joining in with the pack of her little mousey girls walking away. 

" Ah we should have caught her name " Renee said as they walked out the door pouting a little.

" She seemed nice...Wait did she said we both were lucky? " She bounced over to the board and searching up my name. 

Amber - Minho


" Amber's got a ! " She said using my reference that made me laugh unbearably hard.

" Ohhhhhhh, too bad I am not gonna use this "volunteer" service, plus they didnt seem to thrilled to know who they were partnered up with before leaving, so I doubt they will help us anyways, " I strung my messenger back around my waist before walking to the door looking back at my friend who sulked a little following me. 

" Dont be sad, I will buy you some bubble tea " I reached out my hand to her and she smiled before following me out the door and into the hallway. 

 

( The Boy named Jinki's PV )

The cafe..a place where everyone comes to unwind, It was small, nothing too impressive just a bunch of circle tables with small red stools. The owners were nice as well, always saved the best food for us " SHINee boys ", and I am always willing to eat their chicken wraps. For nothing and I mean NOTHING was better then chicken in the mid day, or night..Heck everyday was a chicken adventure and I was hopping aboard that train. Just thinking about it sent my mouth into a watered frenzy.

The usual bunch was always around, for some reason no matter what our classes were, it was nice that we could all come here and chill out. It was something that rarely happened during busy school days and something I cherished as well. I am use to being alone, because well..I was always alone, but being around my bestfriends Key, Minho, Taemin and sadly even dino faced Jonghyun. I was happy when I was around them, even if I did feel like something was missing. So I turned to Photography and even art, to find what mysteries are behind the looking glass. Maybe somehow find my answer as well.

Then...There was the girls. I will admit, I never been much into dating. It isnt that I dont find girls pretty, hell half the girls who follow us are gorgeous and any guy would quickly grasp at the chance to be with them. I think Minho has been with half of them. He did like cutey girls after all. I, however it may be just didnt find them " special ". 

The SHINee boys always put " priorities " before girls which is why most of us remained single. Key and Jonghyun were usually inseparable to the point they made a pact to stay together, whether romantically or " bestfriends " they never strayed far from eachother except for class scheduling. Jonghyun tried dating once, but he eventually got dumped because she didnt have the time for a simple minded boyfriend like he was, admittedly he wasnt very bright but most of the girls in his " fan club " didnt exactly mind it. Not to mention Key was a miserable person to be around when Jonghyun was taken so we all were happy when they finally were able to speak again without the awkward glances. Taemin was too scared to ever go for a girl because of Key's motherly instincts, not because he was afraid of Key, but because he feared the most for the girl. It wasnt that Key was a bad person, as much as it is because Key promised Taemins parents he would take care of him and make him focus on his studys before ever succuming to a relationship. Minho was a free spirit, he dabbled in dating from time to time but it never lasted long because ultimately sports and music is where his life goals were, and he was too busy for a love life. Didnt mean anything when it came to a "lay".

I stood up and rounded the table walking towards the elderly owners of the cafe, bowing at them and smiling. " Goodmorning Mr and Mrs Woo, do you have any of those delicious chicken sandwiches for me today? " I said giving them my deadly smile, and holding my hands together in front of me showing respect.

" Well hello dear, We dont have chicken sandwiches but I did whip up some fried chicken for you boys, half the price because it is the SHINee boys after all ". Mrs Woo handed me a plate of fried chicken and I handed her some money for the usual rate of a sandwich and walked over to the table putting it in front of the boys. I have to admit if it wasnt for our social standing I doubt we would ever get half the things we do, I however do it for the love of music not the fame, but when it came to chicken...I was most definitely thankful.

" I AM STARVING. " Minho said reaching for one of the chicken s, I reacted quickly and slapped his hand away, placing the chicken delicately on the table ahead of me.

" Who said you could have some? " I crossed my arms.

" Hyunnnggg, please I am so hungry, I didnt get to eat before practice today and I forgot my money, I have been living off water for the last 9 hours, and you know what happens when I dont eat. " Minho whined scooting closer to me placing his head against my shoulder, making the biggest sad eyes I have ever seen.

" You eat out a harmless girl instead? Who would it be this time? " Key said smirking looking at himself in a compact facing away from the boys but still able to see them in the small round circle of the mirror while he checked out his already flawless face. Minho stuck out his tounge at Key, while Taemin chuckled looking down at his PSP pressing violently at the buttons.

" FINE, have some. There is no time for debates when there is chicken to be eaten, your begging is annoying and Ew Key...just ew. " I said before taking a big bite of a chicken leg, the taste was like butter melting in your mouth, eating a bite was an in itself waiting to happen, and I was ready to take it all down. Some girls next to me giggled while holding out a napkin for me to take, I nodded and grabbed it thankfully as my hair fell into my face causing me flip my hair back and sent a bunch of girls into feral mewls. I ignored it and continued eating like it was an everyday thing. Well because sadly it was.

As I was enjoying some serious chicken time, I heard some chatter outside the cafe', before two girls walked into the room, getting quiet and looking around in amazement, at that point I just couldnt eat anymore. I couldnt stop staring at her. Something about her drew me in.

It wasnt until I noticed Taemin staring at them too, not realizing his game anymore.