5 The Shift Sheet

Day-Dreamer

{ Author's Note }

Hello Did you miss me??? I havent updated in awhile, but dont worry I have a bunch of new chapters just ready to go and hopefully when I done with being deadly sick and sniffle-y I will upload them. 

 

( Amber PV )

Waking up the next day seemed harder then I thought it would. Not so much the waking up bit but the depression that washed over me. I am not sure how I woke up in this mood I was in, I was having dreams again. The same dreams of dark night skies and two lovers who fade away into the starlight. Something that felt all too real, but realizing it was all just a dream. Still I was kinda scared of it.

After a quick shower and a mood change I decided to straighten my hair pulling the front strands back into a a black bow, trying to tame the frizzy hair was harder than I thought it would be, but hey dyeing it so much was worth it because I was a unique soul. I stood there in my underwear in front of the mirror doing a super man pose while I thought to myself. That doesnt make me strange does it? Ah whatever. 
I decided to put on very light makeup because I wanted to actually wear my contacts today, which was a harder task then I thought because of course I havent brushed up on my "how to stick something circular in my eye 101" in a few years. After a couple attempts though I was a pro.

Today was the first day of college. An actual first day not one with looks of fishy, frog, dino, cat and bunny stares, but where all of us divided into what we enjoy the most, and maybe by small chance I can avoid them altogether. " Mmm yeah that sounds nice " I said out loud throwing on my grey skinny jeans, and a bright blue button up shirt over my white tanktop. I was ready. Ready to start my year, ready to show the school what I am capable of, and more or less find it without a volunteer!! I am a smart girl, I didnt graduate with honors for nothing. I am sure I can find a simple classroom..


When I opened the door to my room I could hear rapid foot steps pacing back and forth and hair whipping through room to room. " If I wasn't mistaken I think someone is nervous for her first day " I said in a teasing tone, which caused her head to pop out from one of the rooms. 

" Today has to be perfect! " She exclaimed her head disappearing from the side as clothes started to fly from her room into the hallway with much force. I crossed my arms shaking my head as I crept up to the room avoiding clothes being thrown in my face. I looked down to see piles upon piles of clothes and even underwear sprawled out on her floor. " Uhhh Renee, He isnt gonna see you in your underwear you know, why do you need to check every pair? " 

She leaned in and in a whispering tone she said the stupidest thing I have ever heard her say in all her years ." You never know, I need ones that wont " ride up ". " She glanced to the pile of clothes and started to throw them behind her back to grab the dancing sneakers she had hidden underneath them stuffing them into her work-out bag.
I was defeated. I literally had nothing to say. One because I would totally be in her place if I was a dancer, and not to mention she didnt want to embarrass herself in front of her fishy faced SHINee boy. " Make sure your is de wedged in 20 minutes because we need to get their early for our schedules, remember? " I turned around and walked into the kitchen but could hear a loud " KAY! " from her room with a thud after.

" She probably tripped on her " I chuckled at my dumb humor as I reached on the top shelf and grabbed a granola bar for later if I felt hungry however I felt a bit more calm then when I woke up, I was prepped, ready and whatever comes later in the day I am sure I can handle it. As long as that diva cat didnt get in my way.

( The Boy Named Jinki PV ) 

I decided to get to school early to meet the guys in the usual cafe spot, since this was the first day of the new school year, and also since we will separate more often than any to focus on studies, we wanted to get one last group session together and discuss, well manly things I guess. As manly as It gotten anyways. Minho talks about soccer which I thought was boring, Taemin talked about dance class and dances we should use for our performances, Jonghyun and Key just stared at each other while Key talks about skin regimens and what colors go with what seasons, or his rat dogs he treated as his children. It wasnt like I didnt appreciate them, or that they cared about me, it was just ...,it was the same thing over and over. Yes I was quiet. Yes I didnt talk alot. Does not mean I want to hear about colors, sports, dancing or specially performances. I was the leader, it was obvious, when we took stage I was a different person. A ball of charisma and voice like honey, but lately I havent been feeling like portraying that side of me. Lately...I just wanted to curl into a ball...

Till I heard the word " Assembly ".


" Wait, What? " I said loudly catching my own voice off guard, scaring myself, placing a hand against my chest.


" Yeah!! I asked the dean of the school if we could put together a little sumtin sumtin for the newbies, nothing big or anything just showing them what KSA has to offer, which of course would be us. " Jonghyun chuckled while Key gave his arm a soft slap. 

" He MEANS we want to show the newbies around and an assembly will help them get to know us better, and of course show off our skills. Right Jjongie? " Key laughed loudly which caused me to force a smile and Jonghyun wrapped an arm around Key which stopped his laughter and stared into the eyes of his lover. I could hear a bunch of squeals behind us and as I turned my head seeing a couple of girls staring at Key and Jonghyun's affection towards one another. " So cute! " One exclaimed. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. They followed us everywhere, produced books of us and of course Jonghyun was the ring leader of it as well, as long as he gotten the biggest page out of us in booklets AND a cut of the money proceeds when they sold them, he let them follow us around like puppies: lost and bored. Cameras ready to snap and presents from other girls from school. 

" Plus.." Key said that caused all of us to look up at him as he stared into his compact mirror adjusting the crook of his bangs " How often does the sweet Tofu get to flaunt his voice to the new girl that we have seen you oogling at? "... Caught. I looked at Key and crossed my arms. " It's...not like that.." I said in my defence thought not sure what exactly I had to defend since I barely knew her. I just thought she had pretty hair...glasses...face? 

Taemin came over and slinked his arm on my shoulder. " It's ok hyung, Minho is partnered with her for the volunteers thing. So you dont have to see her if you dont like her. " He shoved the now dried paper in my hands, turning and walking away, I stared at it, studied it and practically it but upon seeing her picture made me confused as to what I was feeling. I am not sure what I was feeling at this moment to be honest, but seeing her being partnered with Minho made me uncomfortable. 

" Where are you going? " I could hear Key say to Taemin forcing my glance back up at them. Key was glaring at him intensely and I could understand why, Taemin was trouble. Always has been since we debuted as a group, getting himself in trouble with many of people just for the fun of it. One time he snuck into the girls changing room and the teacher was convinced by him that he " lost his way ". It isnt like Taemin wasnt a bad person he just didnt get a lot of freedom and rebelled anyway he possibly could. So Key always had a fresh pair of eyes on him and him being the strongest dancer in our group we didnt want his clumsy getting into much trouble, not to mention whenever something bad happens to one of the SHINee boys, I was the one who took major heat.

" I am meeting Renee, my volunteer? Your idea to be nice to her remember? She comes in soon I believe, I was gonna wait at the entrance. " He shrugged off Key's glance and waved his hand in the air with one hand in his pocket walking out of the cafe. " Make sure you bring her to the assembly. " Jonghyun said running after him, making Key giggle and stare at his while he ran out of the cafe after Taemin.


I glanced back down at the paper, and saw Minhos name in big bold letters, just as he walked into the cafe, covered in sweat and grass stains.

" Hey I am sorry, I am late, I had early morning soccer practice. " He said sitting next to me reading over the paper I was holding. His eyed bugged out and then looked in my direction and back at the paper. " Why am I the last to know these things? " He said pointing to his name on the sheet. I shrugged and looked over at him while he looked like he won the biggest soccer match in his short career.

"Maybe it is because you are too busy flirting with half the school underlings " Key shot a glance at Minho while his smile curved on one side.

" I got one of them foreign sisters. " He said like an excited school girl ignoring Key's comment which I could tell urked him. 

"YAH, dont ignore me " Key pushed Minho as he was jumping around happily.

"Foreign Sisters? " He made them sound like trophy wives because of their unique looks. Why couldnt he see her the way I did, I mean yeah I didnt understand how I felt about her just the fact her presence makes me tense up and now she looks at me like she hates me. " Wh..why you say it like that? " Toooooo curious Jinki.

" Well they are from a different country, I havent met her yet...and she is a hot little pink haired number, I want to meet " Minho said sitting down at the table across from me. By this time all of the other members have gone back to what they were doing and a bored Minho interest was peaked for his missing Taeminnie.

" Where is Minnie? "He looked over at Key who was doodling in his notebook of designs, both headphones in his ears bobbing his head to the music and singing bit and pieces of the english he knew " JUDAS, Juddassss ". Minho and I looked at eachother and laughed. Minho banged on the table that caused a few bystanders to stare at him and Key to jump up " YAH!! " He exclaimed taking his headphones out his ears. 

" I said...Where is my Minnie? " Minho said again sternly causing Key to sigh in frustration. " My " Minnie, that has always made me laugh to myself. He was also very protective of Taemin, only he would actually let Taemin breathe, in moderation of course. Whenever girls would come near Taemin usually Minho would be the one to swat them away, as if Taemin was already spoken for. Maybe Minho loved Taemin a lot, but for whatever reason they had an understanding friendship and respect towards one another.

" You really got me out of my mood music to ask me about the troublemaker, he is out there somewhere waiting for his volunteer, Jonghyun might be somewhere waiting with him?..Who knows " Key said waving his hand signalling him to leave him be and put his headphones back in his ear, waving his hands around like he was doing some sort of choreography. ( He was vogue-ing )

" There is also an assembly, made up by our very own dino head. " I sighed and Minho nodded before turning and walking towards the exit. " I am gonna get changed for school hyung, you will be ok, you know you have the best voice out of us all. " He waved at me and ran down the hall in a hurry.

I slumped down in the stool before putting my head on my bag not noticing the figure in front of me.

" Well, oppa you look pretty miserable today. " 

I looked up to see a small girl in front of me with a big cat grin on her face, matched with the neko ears she wore holding onto SHINee books and souvenirs all hand made. She had short brown hair in a bob style and almond shaped eyes and her lips were slicked with pink lipgloss.

I placed my head in my hands looking at her and sighed a bit.  " What do you want..." I said trailing off not really caring about who she was...It isnt like I wasnt appreciative to our " fan girls " they were just more problem then it was worth. Imagine going to class everyday and having girls swarm all over you when you are trying to read, or breath.

" Opppaaa it's Yoomi! " She exclaimed lightly hitting my shoulder which caused me to roll my eyes. " Remember, I met you with Jonghyun that one time. " She put her finger to her bottom lip to think of the memory. " It was at last years orientation..when the group established a school fanbase. "

It clicked. Yoomi was the leader of our school's fanclub established by none other than Jonghyun himself. He spotted Yoomi one day by the garbage can taking snapshots of Minho while he practiced one of his many sports he took on. Intrigued Yoomi and him made an arrangement to round the girls who already followed the boys like lost puppies and establish a support group. If only he knew ahead of time how big that fan group would be. Of course the ring leader was the most impressionable, for Yoomi had sass and spunk which other girls in the fan base didnt, she was daring for sure. I heard rumors from Taemin that she use to stalk him at his house to get a picture of him taking out the trash, and even from Jonghyun himself when he was taking a shower in the mens changing room after exercising. He created a monster and him, himself had to take care of it. By this time it was too late. She was a crazed fan alright.

" Ah... yes...the stalker girl. " I said while rubbing my temples while she looked upon me with a questioning expression.
" Oppaaaaa I am the fan club president, not a stalker " She said smiling grabbing one of my hands. 
" I am not your oppa " I said sternly whipping my hand back which caused a frown upon her face. 

" You are also my volunteer, since I changed electives this year, and I have no idea where I am going. " She said clapping her hands together smiling. Lie.
Why didnt I finish reading that paper. I looked down at the piece of paper that was a hand stretch away from me and glanced at the ridges and bumps from where Taemin spit his water on. Indeed my name was faded and my partners name wasnt even legible. 
" Well this is a surprise. " I managed to say before sliding the paper away.