1 The Pillowtalk

Day-Dreamer

{ Author Note }

As I stated in the beginning, I have trouble imagining a place I never been to, so I wont be using regular Korean words or places as such. If someone would love to help me by all means, I might make Renee edit this using Korean words and things I have trouble grasping as a new writer.

Anyways enjoy the first chapter-ette. The chapters will get longer and P.V's will change so frequenty.

----------------

 

"AMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" 
I felt a thump on my head that caused me to roll over and groan as I felt a contact of something hard. Not hard enough to cause pain but enough to make me realllllly annoyed in the morning, or could it be the beeping sound coming from the side of the bed, that I have been trying SO hard to ignore.


" AMBBBBBBERRRR " 
Thud. Thud. Thud.
" You are so lazy, Get up!! This damn alarm has been going off for the last 20 minutes! " 

I rolled over to face my abuser and rubbed my head in frustration but I was rather amused at the sight, to see my bestfriend above me, straddling her legs to both sides of me holding onto her weapon. A pillow. Goose feather perhaps. I could tell she didnt wake up too long ago for the bed hair she sported made her look like a troll doll, minus the tummy gem, and she was wearing her favorite tank top - pant combo in vibrant patterns.

" Well hello there Renee, you are up rather early this morning. " I said grinning as she shot me a glance that I avoided as I rolled over turning off my alarm clock that sent her onto the floor and made me jump in slight surprise rubbing my eyes.

" I dont have to be up for another hour! " She threw the pillow at me before walking away shutting the door behind her, and in the distance I heard her slam her own door.
" So touchy. " I chucked and stretched my arms up in the air, yawning and bracing myself for the day ahead.

Thats right today was the beginning of college. Not just any college, but the start of a college in a new place. I guess I should explain. You see a couple months ago if you asked me to travel across the country to a new place I would have been the first to say NO WAY. I dont like planes, I dont like heights for that matter, I get scared even when I have to climb up a ladder. At the same time since I am young at heart ive always wanted to study abroad, I wanted to learn about a culture other than my own. So I went where my dream was, and that was South Korea of course. My dream you ask?? 


Photography.
My passion, My Muse.
and Renee...

She has been my bestfriend for...well as long as I can remember. We grew up together and shared the same taste in everything pretty much. So when she told me she wanted to be a writer, I knew it would be our destiny to go somewhere, where we both, indeed were passionate about. 
When we got here our Korean was limited to " Thank you's " and " Sorry " with the occasional " Hello ". But alas over many many months we learned enough to start actually socializing with other citizens, and eachother. I will never forget the first time Renee and I fought in Korean.

I went to my small brown closet and rummaged through the small amount of clothes I owned before picking out a pair of red leggings and a long black top that sat snuggly again my curvy frame. I wasnt the most attractive girl, but I had personality. Thats enough right? I brushed my pink hair and put it up into a messy updo before putting on a small amount of eyeliner that hid behind thick cat eyed glasses. 

By the time I was done primping and prepping Renee was already out of her room and knocking upon my door softly. " She must not be cranky anymore ". I smirked and opened the door a crack before she opened it up all the way and looked me up and down. 

" Finally!!!, If you make me late for first day of class, I will make it my personal pleasure to wake you up from now on. That means you and your Goose feather pillow will be together on a personal level." She said in a tone that made me grin. I knew it was Goose feather.

Renee has tried this before, when we first started to live together. I have a habit of being a heavy sleeper so she usually took it as opportunity to be very violent with me, or play tricks on me as I slept. One time I woke up to her pouring water on me because I refused to wake up on time, and dont even get me started on the "violent" things she does. 

" Why are you so worried about being late, it is just an Orientation lunch brunch talk-a-thon? " I shook my head and walked to the door slipping on my black slip on's that had a bow ontop of them. I wore them..once...Well twice now. Wedding. Long story. 

 

 Renee followed behind putting on her simple sneakers and looked over at me smiling. 
" You ready for your first day? " She said as she laced her arm with mine. Excited she was, to see the students and teachers. To explore her passion for writing further and she loved to write fanfictions of idols and love interests that gained her fame in the internet community. On the other hand, there was me. I could easily pass my life with a camera without the fancy education behind it.

" No. " I said staring straight ahead not looking at my bestfriend who now had a pout as she looked at me. She saw right through me. I was afraid. Terrified. We had opposite personalities.. She was Extroverted. Always able to make friends and carry company around with her. While me....I was mostly Introverted. I kept to myself and came out only when needed. It is how I worked and I wasnt gonna let anyone try to teach me different.

" You will be alright, Today is only the orientation like you said, so we dont have to stay long " Renee said dragging me along the thin sidewalk that lead straight to the school. We lived in a side condo complex near the school that was designed to hold some students ( Mostly the foreign ones ) who didnt know their way around. ( aka the clueless *points to self *). It was about two blocks and good exercise if you were to ask Renee.

" Orientation....Splendid " I said rolling my eyes. It wasnt that I wasnt thankful for going to this school. It wasnt like I was a all the time...I just usually always became disappointed to the point I would just wear it on my shoulder like a shield. Disappointment Armor? Check. Yet of course Renee saw right through me which caused me to smile as she was linked to me arm in arm walking up to the front of a massive building.

We both attend KSA ( Korean School of the Arts )

{{A/N} :: I wanted something easy. I am lame like that.}}

The school was big in size. Three floors of hard working students with passion for the arts.
Arts? You ask. 
Well depending on what you consider to be artistic. It varies here..I read in the pamphlet that it contains and isnt limited to:: Photography, Writing, Music, Modeling, Dancing....after that I kinda zoned out and put the pamphlet somewhere...I think I lost it to be honest.

As we climbed up the stairs and into the rotating door I could feel myself closing up and getting nervous. This was the beginning, of possibly the rest of life. This moment.... " Holy " I exclaimed as I saw a giant water fountain in the lobby. 

" Are you that easily amused? " Renee said standing there crossing her arms as I ran over to the fountain, placing my hand into the water not having a care in the world.

" Ew, Amber you dont know where that water has been? " She said in disgust as she walked over to the other side of the fountain. While I stared down and indeed the water was laced with coins at the bottom which made it even more amazing to me.

I remember when I was a kid I use to always play with the coins in the bottom of the fountain, my family wasnt very fourtunate in the money department but I remember finding the shinest one and keeping it as my lucky trophy. Although I was only 11 at the time. It was a time when I remember how innocent I was. How much I enjoyed laying back next to the fountains in the mall and hearing the sounds of the fountain water meeting the coined paradise below..I think that is also when my daydreaming began..eh..man life has funny ways of creeping up on you. Maybe that is why I didnt spare another thought by sticking my hand deeper into the fountain and grabbing a quarter holding it in my hands observing everything about it. The year, the ridged edges on the sides. Thats when I realized that american money was in a Korean fountain and chuckled. " I guess I am not the only child hearted foreigner here " I said to myself, not noticing the figure behind me.

" YAH! " a voice boomed behind me causing me to lose my bright shiny quarter in the water and Renee shot up looking up in the direction of the voice.. I pouted before turning around and seeing a ticked off guy looking at me.