SIX

Life with Poodlehead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mama!" 

"Sandeul!"

Little Sandeul is standing in the doorway arms crossed over his chest, lips pouting and eyebrows furrowed as he looked down ignoring his mothers glare. 

"Sandeul-ah, why don't you want to wear it? Today is important to your grandparents, all you have to do is put this on and then you can eat all you want at the restaurant. I'll even take you for ice cream everyday for the rest of the week," Kyuhyun whined trying not to wrinkle the light pink polo Sungmin had picked for their son to wear. 

Today was an important dinner for Kyuhyun's parents, only nobody knew what the occasion was. Anniversaries and birthdays had already just recently passed, so there was really no clue as to what was so urgent. But knowing her own parents, Kyuhyun knew this was big. 

"I don't want the pink one! I want the yellow one Mama! Make dad wear the pink one!" Sandeul cried trying to run away to hide, but Kyuhyun had learned all the tricks in the books and grabbed her son by his waist and lugged him to her bedroom. 

"Lee Sandeul, stop resisting!" 

"But I don't like pink!" Sandeul wailed.

Kyuhyun just watched her son throw a tantrum on the bed squirming and kicking. "Papa wants to match with you, he's going to be really sad if you don't wear it." 

This got Sandeul to sit up and just pout. 

"I'll buy you fried chicken for dinner tomorrow," Kyuhyun tried as she gathered the four year old in her arms. Sandeul immediately jumped up and down. "I'll wear it  Mama!" 

"Okay, okay. Calm down kiddo, let's get you ready before Papa comes home," Kyuhyun laughed as she pulled the shirt over Sandeul's head. 

----

"Do you have any idea what this dinner might be about?" Sungmin questioned his wife as he drove to the restaurant. 

"You know my parents, they probably bought an ostrich farm or something even more unexpected," Kyuhyun replied nonchalantly. 

"An ostrich farm!" Sandeul gasped. 

"Yeah, baby."

"Grandma and Grandpa really bought a farm with ostriches?" 

"No, Sandeul. Your mom was just guessing." At that Sandeul pouted and continued playing with his duck plushie. 

---- 

Not only were Kyuhyun and her sisters family present, but so was Sungmin's parents and brother – meaning this was big. 

Finishing her sip of wine, Kyuhyun starts, "So Daddy, what's the occasion?" 

"Well, your mother and I," Mr. Cho took a moment to look at his wife lovingly before finishing, "have decided to adopt a child." 

Sungmin's mom swooned, her husband smiled, Sungjin just ate a bread stick, Ahra choked on her water while her husband stared wide eyed, Sungmin smiled and wished his in-laws a good luck, the children at the table just continued their sword fight with the bread sticks asking their Uncle Sungjin to join in and Kyuhyun cried. 

The whole restaurant turned as they heard a shrill scream and looked horrified as Kyuhyun cried a river. 

"Kyuhyun, honey we thought you'd be happy, you used to always say you wanted a little brother," Kyuhyun's mom said as she walked around their table to hug her youngest daughter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter