THREE

Life with Poodlehead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just Us

 

Sungmin’s POV

 

I never thought I would promise to spend the rest of my life with the one woman who used to drive me insane when we were young. If someone told me when I was teen that I would marry Cho Poodlehead Kyuhyun in the future, I would have smacked them upside the head and told him or her they needed help.

Everything had changed from just one meeting. When you kissed me in the winter snow, it was like there was no one else in the world. Like everything at that moment just revolved around you and me. Nothing else. Just us.

~*~*~

When I have nightmares of you leaving me I wake up sweating and crying, wanting nothing else but you. The dreams are so vivid, almost always the same. Always the same ending though, you leave me.

You are always there when I wake from yet another nightmare. You hug me, you kiss me, and you reassure me that no matter what happens, you will always be there like you always have been.

You hold me and I hold you. You lie on my chest listening to my heartbeat and hum a random song you probably heard on the radio. I can always tell you’re tired but I know you won’t fall asleep until I do. You’re eyes are always half lidded and you draw random swirls on my chest trying to calm me.

I love to just hold you. I’ve always loved the way your hair tickles my neck and jaw. I love to caress your back and shoulders, doing that I’ve noticed how warm you always are. The way our bodies fit together perfectly like a puzzle makes me so joyful. You probably don’t know this but, just when I’m about to fall asleep I feel you give me a kiss and tell me you love me more than anything. You don’t know how happy that makes me do you?

This may sound strange, but one of the moments I feel happiest and more serene is when I wake up from a nightmare. When it’s just me and you holding each other, just breathing and humming to each other, brushing our hands and fingers against one another softly, feeling our love swirl through our room. When it’s just us, is when I’m happiest.

~*~*~

I proposed to you the day of our three year anniversary. It didn’t go exactly as planned. Originally I was supposed to propose to you at the aquarium; I chickened out and said I would do it at the restaurant we were going to after. You were there so you probably figured out by now that I chickened out there and when we were at Han River. It wasn’t until we got to the doorstep of your apartment.

I’ll never forget that moment, I even remember how you looked. You were wearing a light pink summer dress (for me most likely since it’s my favorite color), with a belt and a pair of white flats, you wore light makeup to cover up the very few acne scars you had, your hair was shoulder length, dark brown, and you tamed your curls a bit so they weren’t standing on end.

We stood in front of your door for what felt like centuries but was only minutes just kissing. I’ve always loved your kisses. I love the shivers that run through my body when our lips touch, the way our tongues slide and glide against each other. Your taste is intoxicating.

But I’m getting off topic.

You gave me on last peck and a small goodbye when I realized I hadn’t done it yet. I panicked when you finished punching in the passcode to your apartment. You gave me one last smile before turning to your door when I pulled your arm as gently as I could. You were shocked to say the least.

I literally had no idea what to do. There was so much going on in my head but I couldn’t even form a sentence. So I did what every other man has done, I put my hand in the pocket of my jeans and got down on one knee and took a deep breath. I didn’t dare look up, thinking back I wish I had.

“Oppa…” you said. I was scared when you did. I was terrified you’d reject me but something inside me said, she’s always been in love with me, she would never say no. I held onto that thought and tried to remember what I had rehearsed when I was home. And guess what, I forgot everything I said. So I decided I’d wing it.

“Kyuhyun, you know I love you right,” that’s when I looked up at you to see you covering your mouth with both hands and tears in your eyes. Your expression sort of scared me so I looked back down and continued, “I’ve been walking you to your door for sixteen years and for fourteen of those years I just said bye and walked away, the following two years we kissed and told each other ‘I love you’. I want more than that, I’ve wanted more than that for quite a while now. I want to wake up and see you laying there right next to me. I want to get ready for the day and have you help me. I want to see you at your best and worst if you even have a worst” I laughed that last part out because you always look dazzling. “I want to be there with you at all times.” I finally pulled my hand out of my pocket revealing a dark stained wooden box opening it to show a diamond engagement ring. You gasped and I looked up again to finally ask, “Poodlehead, will you make me the happiest man on earth by marrying me?”

At this point you were sobbing and that scared me. A lot. I quickly stood up and gathered you in my arms. I rubbed circles on your back trying to calm you but that only made you sob louder.

“I’m sorry Kyuhyun, I shouldn’t have asked. If I had known you were going to respond this way I wouldn’t have asked. I’m sorry, I’ll just go up to my floor –“ that’s when you cut me off with a kiss.

Your hands were cupping my face and I could feel your tears glide down your cheeks to our lips. I didn’t know why it was you chose to kiss me. I prayed to God at that moment that this kiss wasn’t a goodbye kiss.

The kiss was full of love, nothing but love. Maybe this was her answer. Maybe this was a yes. It was hard to focus on my thoughts with your mouth on mine. I gathered myself and pulled away just so we were within a breath of distance.  Your eyes were still closed while you recovered from the kiss.

“You are so stupid Lee Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter