FIVE

Life with Poodlehead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You and I

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

For years I have been told how stubborn I am. And I can’t disagree really. I’ve always known the main reason behind my hard headedness, it’s been you since I was five. You’ve always had this welcoming aura, even when I was around. I knew how my presence annoyed you to a point that was pretty extreme. Your distaste for me didn’t make me give up though. I knew the moment our moms told us to play I would have you. Being spoiled by both my parents and my sister made me grow up with the mindset that anything I wanted I would get – so I knew I’d have you. I knew one day it would just be you and I.

~*~*~

I still can’t explain the joy that filled me when you would walk me to school and home. Sometimes we would talk. Like actually talk. Sure most times the discussions we had were about nonessential things like that one couple at school who either needed to stay broken up or just stay together, or complaints about last night’s dinner but it didn’t matter because I was talking to you.

I remember when I would hold your hand you’d try to pull away and the times I gripped your hand really tight you’d give up quickly and just let me. People at school would tease both me and you when they’d seen us holding hands. I would just laugh and wrap my other hand around your arm while you would grunt and roll your eyes. I don’t say it but that did hurt me, though I would look on the bright side; you never pulled away and would continue to walk me to class where you would say the same thing every day: I’ll meet you at the front office Poodlehead. And you would smile and ruffle my hair before turning and walking to your class.

Walking with you made me happy. When it was just you and me walking you would actually talk to me, you would open up. You would truthfully laugh. You would smile at me. You would let me hold your hand. I loved it when it was just you and I, even if we were just walking to school.

~*~*~

Our first kiss made me feel things I had never felt. To this day I can’t even begin to explain how that kiss felt. We’ve had memorable passionate kisses before, but none were as breathtaking as our first.

The way we held each other was perfect, we fit together like a puzzle. With your arms around my waist I felt so secure, so safe. With my hands in your hair I felt reassured – reassured that you were mine. Finally mine.

 

After that we walked around the city holding hands talking about little things like the weather and school. It was when we finally ran out things to say you pulled us both to stop startling me.

“What’s wrong?” I was already worried that you were thinking over the situation and you’d turn me down. But you didn’t. In fact, you smiled and draped your arm around my shoulder pulling me closer and started walking like nothing had happened.

“Nothing, I just want us to be closer. I like being like this -- close. I want to be like this more often Kyu.”

I looked at you shocked. I was thinking, ‘Is he going to say what I think he’s going to say?’. This couldn’t actually be happening! Could it?

“You know, we just told that girl back in that café we were going to have dinner with our parents, I was thinking we could actually do that so I could introduce my parents to my new girlfriend. And of course, you could introduce your boyfriend too.”

I looked straight at you in shock. I didn’t know what to say, you didn’t properly ask but that didn’t matter. You had just stated our relationship status – something I had been anticipating for almost two decades.

“That is… if you agree to be my girlfriend.” At that I smiled and wrapped my arms around your waist, “Of course I will. Though, you do know what you’re getting yourself into, right Min?”

You laughed looking me in the eyes, “I have a feeling this is a decision I won’t regret.”

We walked a little longer before going to my parent’s house. Just like in school we talked about stupid things. It felt so different walking so close while in each other’s embrace. There were elderly couples cooing and complimenting how well we look together, and I couldn’t help but agree.

We look perfect together. It’s like we were made for each other. To this day I believe we’re a match made in heaven. Only you and I could look this perfect together.

~*~*~

When someone asks me what our most memorable moment was, I think about the night I taught you to play StarCraft. You hated it but I loved seeing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter