ONE

Life with Poodlehead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Walk through Grandma’s Garden

 

This wouldn’t be the first time Sandeul did this, ever since he learned to walk he’s been ruining his grandmother’s garden. Sure at the end of the day Sungmin’s mom would just laugh it off, but Sungmin and Kyuhyun would leave the house embarrassed and with the offering of buying Mrs. Lee new flowers.

And they could never stop Sandeul because he would just disappear and by the time they found him by the garden, it was too late. The garden would be ruined. Flowers scattered, fruits and vegetables pulled from their roots.

This had happened countless times, but one particular time was probably the most memorably strange for the family.

*~*~*

“Sungmin, where are you going? Let me fix your hair Pumpkin,” Kyuhyun whined gripping Sungmin’s wrist. Everyone was already downstairs for Mr. and Mrs. Lee’s thirtieth wedding anniversary. All family and friends were gathered to celebrate. Meanwhile, Sungmin’s little family of three were still getting ready.

Sungmin squeezed Kyuhyun’s cheeks together and pecked her puckered cheeks. “Baby, we need to get downstairs soon and we haven’t even gotten Sandeul ready. Kyu-ah we need to hurry,” Sungmin said softly and slowly to Kyuhyun who in return pouted and slouched her shoulders in defeat. She nodded with a soft okay and made her way over to their three year old child.

“Awe, my Sandeul-ah is so adorable in his ducky towel, huh? You’re such a cutie, like your papa,” Kyuhyun cooed the boy who complimented his mom back telling her how pretty her hair was.

“Mama is so cute too. Mama is cute like a puppy poodle because puppy poodles have fluffy hair and big pretty eyes like Mama,” Sandeul said squishing Kyuhyun’s cheeks like his father did just minutes before than leaning to give his mama a big kiss on her lips.

“Awe~ thank you baby, come on now. Let’s get you ready handsome.”

^*^

“Oh, there they are!” Mrs. Lee exclaimed excitedly to one of her friends. “Sungmin, Kyuhyun, come meet Mrs. Kang. She owns the flower shop downtown. Eun Seol, this is my son Sungmin, my daughter-in-law Kyuhyun, and my beautiful grandson Sandeul.”

The couple greeted the older woman while Sandeul buried his face in his father’s neck and tightened his hold on Sungmin. Mrs. Kang cooed and complimented the couple on having such a wonderful child and was thanked right after.

“Mom, we’re going to go find dad alright?”

“Oh, alright. He was asking for you earlier actually, something about the company. You know him and his work, probably loves it more than me,” Mrs. Lee jokes, “go ahead you three. I’ll see you later.”

The couple bid their goodbyes and Sandeul kissed his grandmother.

“Hey Sungmin, I see Ahra, I’m just going to go over and see the baby alright?” Kyuhyun said already making her way to her older sister.

“Okay, I’ll take Sandeul with me so you can hold the baby without this one being jealous.”

“Papa, I wanna go with Mama,” Sandeul whined and wriggled in Sungmin’s arm.

“Deul-ah stay still, Mama is just going to say hi to your Aunt Ahra. We’re going to find you grandpa, he’s really excited to see you.”

------

“Son, I’m sure you’ll do just great with the new clients, you’re great when it comes to these kinds of things,” Mr. Lee encouraged his eldest son. “Ah, and here comes your father-in-law Sungmin-ah.”

Sungmin stiffened. He was always afraid of Kyuhyun’s father. His fear only heightened when he married the girl. Something about Mr. Cho always made fear take over Sungmin’s whole being. Maybe it was the way his father-in-law always gripped his hand to tight, or how he was left with a bruise later after the older man patted him on the back a little too hard. Or maybe it had to do with the fact that every time Mr. Cho paid a visit to his youngest daughter, something bad always happened.

“Sungmin-ah, how are you? I was talking with Kyuhyun earlier and she didn’t have Sandeul with her, I can’t help but to notice that you don’t have the little munchkin either.” This made Sungmin scowl, he’s holding his sons hand. How could he not have Sandeul with him? He looked down and saw his hand hanging in the air.

Crap. Kyuhyun is going to kill me.

----

Sandeul has taken so many strolls in his mother’s garden, some of the maids starting saying he was a guardian angel. No one ever knew why Sandeul snuck out to the garden so much.

It was all the colors that fascinated the toddler. The different types of plant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter