Chapter 2

Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV

 

I stood in front of the door, clutching Jimin's hand as the nerves slowly began to kick in. I started to regret even coming home tonight, Mrs. Song had probably already informed my father about my expulsion and knowing him I was about to enter a world of pain. 

The door opened, revealing my step brother who was smirking at me as he opened the door wider. He stepped aside as both Jimin and I walked through, removing our shoes at the entrance. 

"Nice to see you return home for once sis" he said mockingly.

"I'm not your sister you son of a and you better stop acknowledging me as one before I put that into your nonexistent brain myself." I hissed at him quietly, allowing only the three of us to hear what I had just said. 

I felt Jimin hold me back from lashing out at the insufferable imbecile standing before me. Assuring me he was still there to support me, I cleared my head and glared at Jongin aiming a subtle kick that was hard enough to bruise as we passed him. Thankfully that calmed me down enough to forget about my step brother's unwanted existence before I strode off towards my dad's study with Jimin following closely behind. 

Kim Jongin, that nuisance always had to find a way to ruin my day just like his gold digging mother. Dad changed after they came into our lives. He became clouded with the idea that Kim Haerin was the perfect replacement for my late mother. It had been just a year after she had died before they revealed the news about my father's remarriage and along with Haerin came Jongin who was more than happy to live in luxury under my father's expense. Father changed to much after Haerin began looking after him, his views on life changed and his views on me changed. He became distant, almost unrecongnisable in my eyes. I came home one day and the loving father I had once known and was raised by became a slave for the woman he thought he now loved. 

I ascended the steps leading towards the second floor of the mansion I once called my home but was now just a shelter of coldness and isolation. My father's study was situated in a separate wing of the house away from all of the other rooms. It's door stood out prominently as we drew closer to our destination. The worn oak door that once brought comfort and feelings of safety now only brought about feelings of cold and fear. 

I took a deep breath, still grasping onto Jimin's now probably red hand seeking reassurance and support. Lifting my curled fist, I gently knocked on the thick wooden surface, just loud enough to alert the man inside. Dropping my hand loosely back down to my side, I waited for my cue to enter. 

"You may enter" the husky voice of my father traveled to my ears. 

Shaking slightly in worry, I couldn't bring myself to open the door. 

"Shhh... Aerin, calm down. It's just your dad right? Nothing is going to happen" I heard Jimin whisper into my ear but on the inside I knew something was going to happen. Something bad...

The nerves began to grow even more as his words filled my mind. I watched as Jimin reached forward to grip the door handle and nudge me into the study. As we walked in, my father looked up at me. His eyes glassy in the yellow light of the dim lamp placed on his desk. His eyes showed the obvious disappointment and anger as they seemed to look right into my core. I took deep breathes trying to calm my thudding heart and churning stomach as I bowed before the aging elder. 

The study was illuminated in that faint yellow light that had always reminded me of candlelight and warmth. The distinct scent of my father's cologne filled every inch of the spacious room. The walls were lined with shelves of various books, articles and filed documents. The dark and polished wooden floor boards contrasted nicely with the emerald green curtains covering the stretch of window which covered one part of the wall where the window seat was, a comfortable area where I used to spend most of my time when I was here. So many memories were locked up in this room, but were now forgotten after I began to avoid my father's presence. I've tried so hard to forget all the times I had spent in here since all it brought me was sadness, but entering this room once more in the six months I had tried hard to avoid it brought all those images crashing down on me. 

I snapped out of my reverie as I heard my father begin to speak.

"Jimin" he began, as he noticed the boy behind me "What a pleasant surprise. How is are your parents and sister? Good I hope." 

"Yes Uncle" I heard Jimin say after he arose from his respectful bow. 

"Well, I apoligise for cutting this short but I'm certain you are aware of Aerin's current situation and if you don't mind I would like to have a private word with her" 

"Of course Uncle. I'll be going now" 

My head hung low in fear, not wanting to meet the eyes of the man before me. I heard Jimin's reply and the door closing behind him as he exited the room. A feeling of neglect began to surround me but I knew he had to go or my father would have thrown him out himself. I wanted so badly to run out after him through and avoid the awkward dilemma I now found myself in. 

"Come closer Aerin" his voice rung about the room, hinting the coldness that leered from behind those simple words.

I carefully stepped closer to his desk, I was now in full view of his scrutinising glare. My head still down, I heard his glasses drop onto the surface of his desk amongst the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter