Chapter 9

Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Your first month at SM Academy was drawing to a close, and although the school faculty had made it their long term mission to permanently suffocate you in the "appropriate" rags they called "uniforms", you still managed to keep your title as the school's Ice Queen.

That's right people, not Princess but QUEEN.

Jokes aside though....

It turned out that F(X) happened to hold the role of campus Queens within the school's typical social hierarchy, with EXO obviously maintaining their place as the academy's flower boy pack.

With you becoming the group's newest addition, alongside your infamous reputation as a local badass, it wasn't all that surprising to find out that majority of the student body admired you - fear obviously still being the main influence behind your new found fan base.

 

"Is it always like this here? I think my eardrums are gonna explode if they don't stop screaming. Wha- HALF OF THEM ARE BOYS! Can they seriously not control the range of their ing prepubescent voices.... Ughhhh migraine incoming"

 

F(X) simply laughed at your obvious misfortune having been used gotten used to this treatment since their predecessors, SNSD, had graduated during their freshman year.

 

"You'll get used to it, now come on Aerin or we'll be late for class!" Krystal exclaimed, dragging you by the wrist away from the other members who simply shook their heads at the antics of their two maknaes.

 

Whilst you still found it hard to get along with the rest of EXO - their annoying tendency to become slightly too involved in "class discussions" keeping your nerves on edge - you surprisingly managed to bond better with Kai, although still not the best of friends.

 

"Yo, did you manage to convince Appa to let me out for the night?"

 

You had been under lock and key since the last stunt you'd pulled. Despite that wench telling you that you'd been let off the hook, she'd obviously enjoyed lulling you into that false sense of security and that night you'd received another colourful assortment of bruises and cuts to add to your never-healing list of injuries.

 

"Sort of, he didn't really say much honestly. Kind of grunted and mentioned me watching over you or something like that...."

 

"Oh you mean babysit... He wants you - a simple-minded dork...to babysit me, who's probably ten times smarter than you and twice as strong? How...interesting?"

 

You smirked at Kai, watching in amusement as you witnessed the myriad of expressions cross his face as he finally processed that you had insulted not only his masculinity but his apparent intelligence as well.

 

"Wh-What?"

 

The sound of laughter filled your ears as the rest of EXO finally decided to show up and seat themselves around the two of you at their respected desks.

 

"Good one Aerin!"

 

Sehun reached out for a hi-five, one you swiftly dodged as you reached out to collide fists with Chen who began laughing even harder at the maknae's pouting form.

 

"That look really doesn't suit you Sehun...."

 

Your head shook, mocking him as his pouting increased.

 

"I know you secretly like it, stop acting like you don't"

 

"Mhmm, sure. Keep telling yourself that playboy"

 

You lightly ruffled his blond locks, smirking at the sudden blush that erupted across his pale features, before planting the legs of your chair back down on the ground with a harsh bang just as the teacher entered the room, silence soon ensuing afterwards.

 

"Alright class, turn to page 174 so we can start the lesson. Yes Mister Kim? If you need to go the infirmary again I'm afraid to say that Nurse Lee has hereby banned you from entrance, so unless you've broken your leg within the last two minutes, I'd suggest getting your textbook out. Now."

 

The class erupted in laughter as you watched Chen's arm gradually fall to his side, defeat engrained onto his face as he begrudgingly reached for his barely used textbook.

 

Turning back, you hummed as you flipped through your book, being in that rare mood to actually pay attention for once.

 

Life at SM surely was different...

 

 

So as it turned out, that "brilliant and exciting" news your father had mentioned that one time.....?

 

Well like anticipated it wasn't so wonderful for you... unless of course an over-the-top gala involving a fancy dress, feet-numbing heels and a night entertaining the snobby, fake and unbearably boring elite could be deemed "fun".

The exciting news however hadn't been this "lovely gala planned in your name", but the looming doom that shrouded it - the finding of an acceptable suitor to help advance the company.

 

It was your standard, cliche rich girl dilemma - the long awaited arranged marriage.

 

Of course I wanted to run, and hide and beat the out of anyone who tried to stop me, but the looming threats placed upon the heads of the boys I held dearest held me back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter