Chapter VII- The Cure

Against All Odds

        Junho and Lianne took the bus until they arrived at the gate of their University. Lianne knows that their driver was already waiting for her at the parking lot. “So I think this is goodbye?,” she said. Junho nodded. They walk in an opposite directions. Few steps after, Junho decided to send a message to her.

         “Thank you. I really enjoyed too. Thanks for being my friend. Thanks for keeping my secret.”

         He then walked to the woods where he can take a short cut to his home. Lianne on the other hand was on the car when he read his message. Upon reading his message, she can’t explain what she feels. She didn’t feel like this way before. She then replied back to him.

   “Psh! I’m just afraid that you will bite me on my neck. LoL!”

     He smiled when he read his message. He knows she is the only girl who can make him smile.  His composing his reply to him when he noticed that it seems like someone was following him.  He stop walking, put his phone on his pocket and said, “Who are you? I can feel you,”  He then turned into a beast with red blazing eyes and fangs. Then, 3 man with cape appeared on his front. “What do you want?”  he asked. They then grabbed their wands and casted spell on him. It turned him weak and wounded but he wanted to fight back. “Now, kill him,” one of them commanded. Awwooooooooo! Wolves then appeared. Junho, on the other hand was so wounded. It seems like he is catching his last breathe. “Leave him. You know what happened if you don’t,”  one of the wolves uttered. “Let’s go! One day, even you, wolves will kneel in front of us,”  one of the wizards said and then they ride on their broomsticks and flew. The wolves turned into their human forms. “Junho, are you okay?”  Nana asked. Nana is one of the wolves. She is Junho’s friend. “Thank you for saving me Nana-ssi,” Junho said. “You are wounded. I’ll be you home,”  Nana helped Junho. She brought them to their house and luckily his brothers Chansung and Wooyoung were there. “What happened Nana?”  Wooyoung asked. “They begin to hunt you,”  Nana explained while Chansung get a kit and started to treat Junho. “Who?”  Chansung asked. “The wizards and witches,” she exclaimed. “I’m afraid they already found the girl in the prophecy. You know what will happen next,” she added. “Stop it Nana! You know that we are against that war but if they are already starting it. We can fight them back. We need to find that girl. We need to explain her everything,” Wooyoung explained. “As if she will talk to us. She is a witch,”  Chansung said. “Ahhhhhhh!” Junho exclaimed.  He is in deep pain.

    On the other hand, Lianne is waiting for his reply. She waited it all night until she didn’t notice that she is already asleep.  She had a nightmare again that made her awoke at the middle of the night. “Junhoooooooo!” she exclaimed. Upon waking she realized that it was just a dream. “Junho,” she said while catching her breath. She then decided to send a message to him.

    “I know its quiet late. Junho-yaaaaa, tell me you are okay. Pleaseeeee. I will see you tomorrow right?

        The next day, Junho woke up with pain all over his body. He read her message that pushed him to stand up and fix his things for school but he fall down again. “Junho-ya? What do you think you are doing?” Chansung asked while helping him to stand up. “Chansung-ah! I want to go to the University. Somebody is waiting there for me,”  he explained. “That girl? Am I right?,” Chansung asked. Junho nodded. “Okay, I will go to your University and so that I can explain to your teacher. I will say to her that you are sick and I will also find that girl. What’s her name again?”  Chansung said. “Lianne…..” he exclaimed.

       On the other hand, Lianne packed her things for school. She expected that Junho will be there but his sit was remained vacant until the class starts. She texted him for already 50 times but he didn’t reply. She is so worried that she didn’t even know what her teacher was talking until a guy entered the classroom and said, “Good morning Ma’am. I’m sorry to disturb you but can I talk you for awhile I am Junho’s brother.” “Junho’s brother?!” she thought. “Ya, I didn’t know Junho’s brother is hot,”  Minny said but she didn’t care at all.  The teacher went out and talked to Chansung. When the teacher went in, Lianne decided to go outside to talk to him. “Wait. Junho’s brother wait,” she exclaimed.  Chansung stopped. “I’m Junho’s friend, I would like to know what happened to him?” she asked. “So you are that girl? Lianne right?”  he said and smiled. “You know me?”  she said. “Junho mentioned you to me. About his condition, I guess I can’t lie to you anymore. He said to me you know everything. About him…. about us. He has been attacked last night. He almost die because of it but luckily he is now stable” he explained. “Attacked? By whom?” she asked. “I can’t tell it to you. Our life is very complicated Lianne. You are very special to Junho and I assumed you have that feeling too but I want to warn you. Don’t let yourself be involved in our case. You might get hurt or worse die,” he explained and then turned his back and continue to walk. “Even if I die, I want to be with him. I want to…..,” she shouted. Chansung then smiled and thought, “Humans really!”

    Lianne took her lunch with Minny. “Bestie, aren’t you eating? You’ve been playing with your food since we went here”  Minny said. “I am still full,” she explained. “Ahhmmmmm….Look at this book. It said What are the signs of being inlove? First, you are happy when you are with him. Second, it seems like your heart beats faster when he is around. Third, you accept him as  him. No more second thoughts or whatsoever. Fourth, you wanted to talk to him all the time. Fifth and last, you are thinking him while reading this. Ahhhh! This is . What do you think?”  Minny said. “Love???? Am I inlove with him?”  Lianne thought. “Boooooo!”  he was surprised when a man tapped her back. It was Taecyeon. “Taecyeon oppa!?,” she said. “Well, talking about love,” said Minny. “Are you okay?” Taecyeon said. “Of course I am oppa. Don’t worry. I’m just thinking about our lessons. Yes our lessons. Ahhhmm. If you wouldn’t mind, I want to go somewhere. Excuse me,” she said. She then decided to go to the music room. Its empty, melancholy then hunt her. She didn’t know why she felt that way but her day wasn’t complete without him.

     Three days had past and Junho is still absent from their classes. Lianne was so lonely during those days and nightmares still hunts her. She always sends messages to Junho but she didn’t receive any reply. On that day, she went to the music room as she always does every afternoon. “This place is so lonely without him. Its so empty and so as me. So ironic,” she said to herself. She went near the piano and found a notebook. “Lee Junho!” she read the cover and from that she knew that the notebook owner of the notebook she found was him. “Junho-ya!!!! You ugly vampire. You are so forgetful. You even left your notebook here.” She then opened it and scanned the pages. A note captured her attention. She read it.

         “One day, I just feel that my heart beats fast. I read from a book written by humans that if you feel it you are in love. Love doesn’t exist in my world. Loving a human being can destroy any vampires but that day, it seems like I forget those conditions. She annoys me a lot. She thinks that she can be friend with anybody including me. She smiles at everyone she bumped. Whenever she talked, I want to get out of the classroom because its irritating but despite of all the hates I feel I want to be with her. With her, I can be happy. I pretend not to smile in front of her but when I’m alone just a thought of her made me smile like a crazy person. Yes, I am inlove. It’s a human thing and I don’t know why I feel it but all I can do is write everything I can’t say it to her. I can’t risk the life of the girl I love. Sooner or later, I will be in a war, a war that could take a lifetime and whether I like it or not I will soon leave her. Lianne-ssi, if I leave can you take good care of yourself? Don’t be to attach to strangers. You don’t know what they are thinking. Also, don’t try to please everybody. Be yourself. Cause you are amazing just the way you are. I can’t say it personally but Lianne-ssi, I love you. I love to be with you but I can’t”

      Upon reading the note, Lianne’s tears fall down from her face. She hurriedly went to the woods. “Junho-yaaaaa, Junho-yaaaaaa! You coward vampire face me. Don’t leave me like this. Junhooo-yaaaaaa! How dare you to leave someone you love without saying to her that you love her? You are so idiot,” she shouted. And even Lianne shouted thousands times Junho didn’t appear. She kneeled and cried. “Junho-ssi, you are ruining the story of my 1st love. Junho-yaaaaa” She cried and cried and cried until she noticed that a wild animal was staring at her. She stood up but they were around her. She didn’t know what to do upon seeing them. They are so fierce and it seems like they are ready to have a meal. “Don’t get near to me,” she said. She then took a step backward thinking she could escape but she ended up sitting and shouting. She closed her eyes when she saw that those animals are getting nearer to her. She is ready to be eaten up by them. She waited for them but they didn’t do anything to her instead she heard a man saying, “Who told that you can come here?” She stood up for she knows it was him, Junho. He was about to leave but she grabbed his wrist and said, “How dare to leave me that way huh? You are so cruel?”  He remained silent. She then decided to face him. She saw how pale he was, how weak he was. She can’t helped it anymore but she cried in front of him saying, “What should I do Junho? Tell me. I miss you everyday of my life. How dare you to leave me without saying that you love me? You can’t do that. I don’t want to end my first love in this way. How dare you? He then put his hand on her face and wiped his tears. “Who told you that I will leave you? Stupid. I don’t want you to see me this weak,” he said while smiling. “Ofcourse, you don’t have the right to ruin my love story. Junho-ya, I don’t care if you are a vampire. I don’t care if I get hurt a thousand times because of you. I don’t care if, if, if……. I die because of you. I just can’t leave without you by my side. Junho-ya, saranghae. Nomo saranghae,” she said while tears continuously fall down from her face. He grabbed her and hugged her tight, “I won’t let anybody hurt my love, my princess. Next time, you should text me if you come to see me. This place is not safe for you,” he explained. He pushed him and said, “Yaaaa, you are the one who is not texting me. I am so worried about your condition. I always…..”  Junho didn’t let her to finish her sentence, he kiss her on her lips. When he stopped, he looked at her face. “It was my first,” she said. She then hugged him tightly. “I love you Lianne,” he said. She then wrapped his arms on his neck and kiss him passionately. Its seems like they don’t want to leave each other anymore. Junho knew that someday he will leave her but in this time being with her is the best cure for the pains he got. Eventhough how weak he was, he became stronger because of her and that love he feels for her is the medicine for all his pains and agony in life.