Chapter VI-Friendship Bracelet

Against All Odds

          “Good morning.,” Lianne greeted Junho when she saw that Junho was already on his sit writing something. “Ah! Daebak What time are you coming here in school huh?” she added but Junho was still ignoring her. “What can I expect with you really? Psh!,” she added. She then sat on her chair waiting for Junho to talk to her but he pretended that she didn’t exist. Until Minny came and approached Lianne, “Lianne-ssi, Twilight Saga will be shown in the theater at our favorite mall again.”  “Ahhhh! Really? When? Would you watch with me?,” she asked. “Ahhhmmm. That will be tomorrow. I guess I have a date tom. You can watch it alone right? ,” Minny said. “But… Minny-ya. I like watching movies alone.,” she insisted. “So better not to watch it. Besides you have watch it a hundred times, right?,” Minny said. She really wanted to watch again. Its her favorite and she thinks she will never get tired of watching it. Its lunch break. As usual Lianne went to the music room again to take her lunch with Junho. Junho is quiet as usual and Lianne was not also in the mood to talk to him. She’s still disappointed by the fact that she will watch the movie alone. “Junho-ya? Let’s practice our presentation this afternoon. Psh! I just hope you will cooperate.,” she said. Junho looked at her. He heard everything. He wanted to comfort her but he couldn’t. He didn’t even know what to say to her. He then decided to text his brother Chansung to ask an advice.

             “Chansung-ah!!!!! By a chance, have you experience to watch a movie in a movie house? I just want to know if what are your experiences."

         Few minutes after Chansung replied….

           “Woah! You wanted to watch a movie? With whom? A human? Oh, you should go for it. Its fun Junho-ya. Besides, there is nothing wrong if you try. You are in their world. Try to do things like that. Enjoy!”

       Junho wanted to invite her to watch the movie with her. Well, he is curious what the movie is all about and he wanted to see her smiling again. Maybe, he could have the courage after the afternoon session so he decided to gather his thoughts for the class first. While they are in the class, he could not take it but to glance at her by and by. She still looked upset and it made him sad as well.

     Afternoon session ended. Junho hurriedly went to the music room for their practice. Lianne arrived with a very sad expression saying, “Junho-ya, sorry! I think I need to go home now. I am not really at the mood. Besides, we have lots of time to practice next week. Bye.” She then turned her back but before she took her step towards to door Junho uttered, “By any chance, Ahhhhmmm. Ahhhhh! Do you want to watch that movie with me? Ahhhhm. I am just curious what the movie is all about.”  Upon hearing those words, it seemed like she won the lottery. She shouted and jumped happily. “Really, you will watch it me? Ahhh! Junho-ya, are you sick? But really thank you. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!” “Are you somewhat deaf? I just say it right?,” Junho said. “Ahhhh! I’m really really happy. Thank you.,” she said while putting her things down and it seems like she didn’t want to go home as she said before. “I thought you are going home now.” , Junho said when he observed that she is putting her things down. “Aniyo. I just changed my mind. I’m in the mood to practice now.,” she explained. Junho couldn’t help it. She’s so cute. Well, she’s childish but her actions made his heart beats. “Let’s start.,” Lianne said while holding  a piece of paper. And they started practicing….

    Junho will be playing as Romeo and Lianne will be playing as Juliet.

Junho: Lady, by yonder blessed moon I swear

             That tips with silver all these fruit-tree tops

Lianne:O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon,

            That monthly changes in her circled orb,

            Lest that thy love prove likewise variable.

Junho: What shall I swear by?

Lianne: Do not swear at all;

              Or, if thou wilt, swear by thy gracious self,

              Which is the god of my idolatry,

             And I'll believe thee.

        Lianne was attracted to Junho’s voice. It was so deep and manly. It feels like he is talking to prince charming. Their practice went well and after several lines. Lianne proposed to go home already.  Junho accompanied at the parking lot making sure that she is safe. “Junho-ya, thank you so much. Ahhhhh. Let’s just meet up in the music room tomorrow at 2pm.,” she said before leaving. Her heart was full of gratitude that time. “Its not bad to friends with vampires after all.,” she said to herself.

          When Junho arrived in his home, he can’t help it but to get excited for tomorrow. He searched on the internet how humans watch movie in a movie house. Well, its his first time after all. He then chose what he should wear tomorrow. He wanted to look as human as possible. After a while, he get tired so he decided to lie on his bed. He thought how the way she smile, how the way she pout his lips when she get annoyed, and he can even hear his voice in his mind. He closed his eyes and all he can see is her face. His phone rang and it was her.

         “Junho-ya, my dear friend. I’m really thankful that I found a friend like you. I hope you will enjoy tomorrow. Don’t hunt a victim this night you might get tired and forget about our plans tomorrow. I will sleep now too. Goodnight Junho-ya! Sweetdreams."

          He smiled while reading his message. He then replied back to her.

         “I understand. I was about to have my 70th victim this night. Good night and have a sweetdreams too.”

          Lianne was about to close her eyes when her phone rang. She didn’t expect that it was Junho. When his name appeared on her phone’s screen, she was so happy. “He is starting to see me.,” she thought. She then decided to have a good sleep. She knows that tomorrow will be awesome.

         The next day, Junho arrived 1 hour earlier than their meeting time. He is in the mood of writing a new song. This time it will be a love song. 30 minutes has passed when he receive a message on kakao from Lianne.

       “Junho-ya, where are you know? I’m on my way. See you.”

   He then smiled and replied….

             “I’m still on the woods trying to find some victim. Are you afraid that I will be late? I can get there as fast as you imagined you know.”

          “Psh, still on the woods at this time?! Is he joking or what. ,” she thought. She was pissed off and decided not to reply to her anymore. She arrived at the music room and Junho did not notice her. That time he is quiet busy with his music. Without him knowing, Lianne was already at his back. She tapped his shoulder and said, “Hi!” When Junho turned around he was indeed mesmerized. Her pink dress fitted her well. She was beautiful than ever. Her smile was indeed the most beautiful he had ever seen. He stared blankly at her. She snapped her fingers and said, “Did you see a ghost? Ya!” “Aniyo. Let’s go!,” he said. “We will just take the bus to go there. I want to experience; you know taking the public transportation.,” she explained. “Well, my parents won’t permit to me to ride on it. They said it will be too dangerous for me. Even my brother won’t allow me. But since I’m with you, I feel safe.,” she added. That words from her is music to his ears. This was the first time a human trusted him. They rode on a bus and when they arrived at the moviehouse, it was full of people. “Woah! It seems like many will watch the movie today.,” she said. “By any chance, it this your first time to go here?,” she asked. “Ahhhhhhh. Uhmmmm. Y-eeah!,” he said. She then grabbed his wrist and pull him wherever she goes. “I’m afraid you will get lost here.,” she explained. They then went to the ticket booth and brought some popcorn. They entered the movie house and they were seated beside each other. Lianne was really into the movie. Junho on the other hand was also busy looking at her. “What if you will also fall inlove with a human? What will you do?,” she asked while looking at her eyes. They both stucked at each other’s eyes. “Ahhhhh. What are you saying? Its quiet impossible.,”  Junho said. “I’m just asking, you know.,” she replied. “If you know that I already fall inlove with a human, would you mind asking me who?,” Junho reckoned. While watching, Junho realized that he is quiet the same as Edward. They are both vampires. They fall inlove with a human. But he knows, her Bella would never fall inlove with him.

       The movie ended. Lianne persuaded Junho to have a walk at Han River Park. It was their first getaway so Lianne wanted it to become a memorable one. “How did you find the movie?,” she asked while walking at the park. “Well, humans perception about vampires are quiet similar to the real ones.,” he explained. “I think so too.,” she said. In the middle of their walk, Lianne found a bench so they decided to have a sit. “This day is really awesome.,” she said. She then looked at him. “He is not bad looking after all.,” she thought. She then gathered her thoughts and diverted her attention. She then saw an icecream stand and decided to buy for them. “Junho-ya, wait for awhile. I will just buy ice cream for us.,”  she uttered. She brought icecream leaving Junho alone at the bench. “If only I can be human, I wanted to marry her.,” he thought. When Lianne arrived where Junho was, she handed Junho his icecream and said, “I don’t know what flavor do you like but I chose cookies and cream for us. Its my favorite. Try it.” Junho the icecream and he found it delicious. “Junho-ya, thank you so much for this day. I really enjoyed. I can’t forget this day. Having a vampire friend is awesome after all.,” she said. Then she thought that it was nice to get a photo of them. “Ya, let’s get a photo of us.,” she said while finding her phone on her bag. “Here it is. Hana, deul, set, smile.” She looked at the picture but she was quiet frustrated that Junho wasn’t smiling. “Ya, isn’t it prohibited to vampires to smile. Are you going to die if you do?,” she said while looking at their pictures. She didn’t hear anything but his deep sigh. “Ah. I know what to do.”  She then stood up in front of him and sang Gee by Girls Generation. She did it with lots of aego and finally it made him smile. “You finally smile. Now, you should smile in our picture, understand?,” and again she took a photo of them together. She looked at the picture again and said, “Junho-ya, I didn’t know you were this handsome when you smile.” It turned his face into red like a tomato. “Give me your handphone. I also want you to keep a picture of us in your handphone.” He then gave his handphone into her and she took a picture of them again. They are both smiling and you can see how happy they are on that day. “You should always smile. You are handsome if you do.,” she said. It made his world stop for awhile. “Before we go home, I want you to give this to you.,”  said she while showing a bracelet to Junho. “It is a friendship bracelet. Look I have mine too.,” she uttered while showing hers to Junho. She then grabbed his hands and put the bracelet to him while saying, “They said if you give a friendship bracelet to someone your friendship will last long. So, I want to give it to you because I want you to be my friend forever.” Junho looked at her again and he kept on asking himself if this day was real. “I’m glad it fits.,” she said. They looked at each other’s eyes and that moment they feel a mutual feeling to each other. He knew that his feelings would cause trouble from the very start but he can’t stop it. As time goes by, his feeling gets stronger and stronger and he already wanted for her to become his.