Chapter IV-The Promise

Against All Odds

This chapter contains Nichkhun’s POV after that incident that happened to Lianne. Enjoy =]

Nichkhun’s POV

          “Mom how long you will keep that to her? I can’t stand it. I can’t lie to her any longer,” I confess after that incident. “This is not the right time Khun. You know that.,” my mom explained. I can't help but to cry.  I want to tell her everything. I want to tell her that we are not humans but witches and wizards. That she is the girl the prophecy is talking about. Yes, the prophecy said that my cheerful and sweet sister will be the most powerful witch of all times that can kill thousands of vampires. I always wanted her to escape her future. I always wanted her to live her life on her own but I can’t. After that short conversation with my Mom, I then went to Lianne’s room and watched her while she was sleeping. My sister is as sweet as angel. I cannot picture out that she is killing someone just to have that power that they are all talking about. While watching her falling as sleep, I heard her talking saying, “No mom! I can’t kill him.” I know her nightmares are bothering her again, her nightmares that soon to happen. I pull my wand in my pocket and say a spell, “Opordiasisticus!” I know this spell will give her a better sleep far from those nightmares. I always wish that I am what the prophecy was telling and not her. I never wanted have that power, I just wanted that her to be free and enjoy life. I know that we will have that bloody battle against the vampires soon. And for some reason, I still couldn’t get it why we are fighting for powers when we are of the same species. Yes, freaks as what humans called it. I’m about to leave her room when I heard a sweet voice saying “Oppa, why are you still awake? Go to sleep now. I am now okay oppa. Don’t worry about me.” It was her. I turned my back and went back to her bed. “I just want to know you are safe. I will sleep now. Lianne-ssi, Oppa loves you so much and I will protect you. No one will harm you as long as I live, I promise.,” I said and then I kiss her forehead. “I know. My Nichkhun oppa is the best. I love you too oppa. Good night.,” she responded. I then left her and went to my room. Until now, I still can’t find the way to stop what the prophecy is saying. Sometimes, I get frustrated and disappointed with myself. For almost 10years now, I am searching a way how to save my sister from this hell but I can’t still find it. Yes, our life is a hell. We kill vampires and mix their flesh to that potion to make us more powerful and vampires hunt us for them to survive. Our Dad told me when we were young that in some point in the history we and vampires are living harmoniously but for some reasons, each clan seek for power and when all these s started. And in every 100 years, a witch will be born to conquer the world. She will be the most powerful of all. She will kill thousands of vampires and lead us all. But as consequence of that power, she will be unhappy forever. She will hold grudge deep inside in her hearts and soon she will kill even herself. Unfortunately, that prophecy is talking about my sister. For the past her, I see how she grows with beauty, love and kindness. I heard her dreams in life and whenever I see her smile I am dying deep down inside. Everybody thinks that you are blessed to be a wizard or to be a witch, but for me it’s a curse. I fall asleep with those thoughts in my mind. I love my sister and all I want is to see her smiling everyday.

                The next day my goal is to find out who did that to her. I know she wasn’t hurt but the thing is there is somebody that wants to hurt her and that would be a great threat.  I ask Taecyeon for help. He is the best when it comes to that. He mastered all the spells that would make all species speak up. “Here they are.,” Taecyeon said while pulling five guys near to me. “What do you want? Why did you do that to my sister?,” I asked. “Nichkhun-ssi, forgive us. We just wanted to give her a lesson. She invaded our territory by protecting our target.,” their leader said while kneeling in front of me. I don’t know if I will be glad that the real culprit behind yesterday’s incident were not vampires or should I be threaten somehow that there are some humans that can hurt her. “You know what can I do to you right?,” I asked. All the members and leaders of the fraternity in our university know that I am a wizard that is the reason why they respect me. With a flick of my wand, I can kill them or can turn them into something they never imagined. I never mastered Defense Against The Dark Arts for nothing, oh well. I know myself that stunning spell can be used in humans too. I was about to pull my wand when Taec tapped me and said, “Forgive them. Lianne would not be happy if she knows that you hurt someone because of her.”  She is right. My sister doesn’t want it. I know this would cause a misunderstanding between us. “I understand. Should you touch my sister again and you will know the punishment. Now, go!.” I said. They then run as fast as they could as if they see a ghost. “Thanks Taec for that.,” I said. “You can always count on me bro. You know that I always wanted to protect Lianne as much as you do right?,” he said while tapping my shoulders. For some reasons, I trust Taec not because I know that he loves my sister but I know that he is a good wizard. Taec and I share the same goals; first, to protect our entire clan, second, to provide peace in our world, and lastly to protect Lianne. “So I think we should need to eat something. I will threat you.,” I said to him. “Yeah, I like that idea.,” he said. It felt so good that you have someone you can share your thoughts with and I thanked Taec for that.