Chapter V-Cold Hands, Warm Heart

Against All Odds

              As Junho grabbed Lianne’s wrist, he brought her to the woods. As they reach the center of the woods, she carried him on her arms and jumped the highest trees from one to another. Lianne closed her eyes as they flew. She didn’t know why she wasn’t afraid at all. All she can feel are the cold arms that are wrapped on her. Junho then brought her to a side of the forest where flowers grew endlessly. Junho then put her down and looked at her eyes. “Why did you bring me here?.” she asked. He didn’t uttered a word , he just kept a space from her, and ripped his uniform. His eyes were red and blazing and long fangs appeared to his gums. He looked at Lianne again expecting that she will be afraid of him. Lianne on the other hand looked how he transformed and it didn't scare her at all. She then walked nearer to him and said, “So you are a vampire. Do you think I would be scared? No, Junho-ssi. I am not scared because you are my friend.”  She then smiled to him. Junho felt that weird feeling again. Once again he heard that one of a kind heartbeat. “Psh! You bothersome. Ya, this place is so beautiful. I want to sit under that tree.,” she said while pointing a beautiful tree near them. He then wore his uniform again and followed her. Liannne sat under the tree as what she told him. He sat beside her. “I don’t know that this forest is very beautiful. I have never seen something like this in my life.,”  she said while looking around the beautiful flowers that surrounded them. “Aren’t you afraid that I can hurt you?,” he asked while looking at her. “What will you do to me? Bite my neck? You can’t do that to me?,” she said while smiling. “How sure are you?,” he responded. “Cause I have that gut feeling that you won’t? I know deep down in my heart that you are a good person, ahhhh! I mean vampire. Besides we are friends. I can trust you. You can trust me.,” she explained. She then put her right on Junho’s face that made him blush. “Ah! Daebak. You are really cold. This is exciting. You are like Edward.,” she said. “Edward?”, he asked. “Ahhhh! So you never watch any movie or read any novels at all. In the novel Twilight Saga, Edward is also a vampire, like you. He fall inlove with a human being, Bella. And that’s it.,” she explained. He then turned his head down and said nothing but deep down in his heart he reckoned, “By any chance, would you be my Bella?” Junho was about to ask her something when he felt that she leaned on his shoulder. Junho blushed again. He looked at her but she is already sleeping. Junho looked at her and that was his first time to look at her that near. Her eyelashes are long and that makes her eyes beautiful. Her lips were somewhat pinkish and for Junho all in her are perfect. Junho touched her face and it was soft as a baby. Without her knowing, he kissed her forehead. Junho then carried her and bring her to the library. He wanted to be with her for a long period of time but he can’t. The forest is too dangerous for her besides is getting darker. He knows that it will be dangerous to her if she stays longer. He left her again sitting on a chair leaving a book on her hand.

        It was already late afternoon and Nichkhun passed by at the library after eating with Taecyeon. He wanted to test his luck if there are books about witchcraft and wizardry there. He then pass by at the corner and saw Lianne sleeping. He ran at her place and woke her up. “Lianne-ssi. Sweety wake up. Why are you here?,” he asked. She opened her eyes and she saw her brother in front of her. “Khunnie oppa, why are you here?,” she said. “Am I supposed to the one asking that? You are sick. Why are you here at the library?,” he explained. She saw how worried her brother was and that time she realized that she was not on the woods but on the library. “Khun oppa. Don’t worry about me. I am already okay. I am supposed to attend my afternoon session but I am already an hour late so I just decided to stay here and read some books..” she explained while trying to calm her brother. “Ahhh! Alright. I understand. Let’s go home now so that you can take a rest. Okay.”, said he while helping her with her bag and books. “So, he brought me here again. Junho-ya, you are really cruel.,” she pondered realizing that Junho brought her again at the library while sleeping. Nichkhun brought her home. While Nichkhun is busy driving she is staring blankly at car’s window thinking about Junho. “He is a vampire and so?,” she thought that way. She then decided send him a message through kakao talk saying….

        “Ya! You cruel Lee Junho. You brought me again to the library, do you? You are a bad vampire.”

     Junho was reading Twilight when his phone rang. It was a message from Lianne. Reading his message made him smile. It was a very sweet one. He replied.

     “You have fallen asleep. What do you want me to do? Its getting darker. I might get tempted to bite your neck, you know.” :P

    “Ah! Daebak. Aish!,” she exclaimed. Making Nichkhun asked her, “Is there any problem?”  “Nothing opaa. Ahmmm. Its just Minny texted me that her bias on our favorite band was caught dating. That’s it.,”  she said while giving a fake smile to Khun. “Ah! I understand. When we arrive at home, I want you to do nothing but to rest, understand?,” Khun said. “I understand oppa.,”  she replied. She then went back to her phone and replied to him…..

        Daebak. Lee Junho-ssi is going to bite me. I’m so afraid. Aheuheuheuheuheu. But if that’s the case I will become a vampire too right? I will be more powerful than you. Aren’t you the one who is afraid of me?”

    He kept on smiling while reading her message. She was about to reply to her when someone tapped his shoulder. It was his brother Chansung. “Ya, Junho-ya, you have a handhone now? And woah! Your reading a book that humans read. When did you start using human stuff huh? I thought I was the only one who does that,” Chansung said. Junho just chose not to answer him to avoid such conversations. “Chansung-ah, leave Junho alone. Its normal. We let him study in university full of humans right. But Junho-ya. Remember its worse to fell inlove with a human but its worst to fell inlove with a witch.,” Wooyoung said while flipping a book about vampires and their origin. “Gotcha!,” Chansung said. Wooyoung is Chansung and Junho’s cousin. He is a year older than them but he knows better than them especially the when it comes to the connection of vampires, humans, witches and wizards. Wooyoung’s words made a mark to Junho that made him decide not to reply to her anymore.

        Lianne and Nichkhun arrived at their home. Lianne then went up stairs and took a rest as advised by her brother. She can’t help it but to look at her hand phone by and by. “That fool didn’t reply to me.,” she said. She then sent him a message again….

      “Ya, Junho-ya are you busy finding a victim this night? Why aren’t you replying to me?”

       1 hour after that message there is no sign of reply from Junho. She got exhausted and decided to sent a last message to Junho for that night.

       “Junho-ya….Junho-ya….My vampire friend…Did I offend you by saying those words? I am sorry. I just wanted to make you laugh. I really wanted to see you smiling Junho-ya. Thank you for trusting me. Your secret is safe with me. I am really thankful to be your friend and I will not be afraid to be with you. I hope we can spend more time together. I want to hear your songs Junho-ya. Bet your sleeping already. I am sleepy now too. Goodnight Junho ya, good night my friend. I really wish I can dream you tonight, and I really wish you are smiling in my dreams. Sweetdreams.”

     Junho was lying on a couch in their veranda when he received her message. He wanted to reply but  Wooyoung’s words still bother him. Is he really falling inlove with Lianne? Or he was just too overwhelmed with the feeling that he has now a human friend. He, then closed his eyes and all he can see his Lianne’s smile, that smile that captured his warm heart.

 

-Thank you for continuously reading my work. I assure you the next chapter would be cheesy. Oh well, then, I am starting to write a new one. I hope you will like it too. =]