Chapter III-The Message

Against All Odds

       “As expected you are here already.,” Lianne said. “Psh! Are you writing songs again? Okay, I won’t bother you anymore.” she added. She then sit on her chair and read her notes. Junho tried to look at her but everytime he will his heart beats fast and it feels like he wanted to wrapped her at his arms and kiss her. The bell rang its now lunch time. Lianne knew that Junho takes his lunch to the music room. So, she bought foods and brought it to the music room. Junho is sitting in the floor of the music room when she arrived. She sat in front of Junho with all the foods that she brought. “What are you doing in here?,” Junho asked. “Eating lunch with my friend?,” Lianne explained. Junho said nothing and just continued taking his lunch. “Why you are always like that? But even you don’t say a thing I know in my heart that you are my friend. ,” Lianne said. Junho packed his things. “Ya, Can I have your number? I mean.Uhhhmmmm. So that I can text you if I need someone to text you. We are friends after all..” Lianne said. Junho stopped, turned his back and said, “I have none.” Junho then left the music room. “He has no hand phone? He is really weird.,”  she thought.

          After the afternoon session Lianne invited her bestfriend Minny to go the shopping mall. “Are you sick? Why suddenly invited me to go to the shopping mall huh?,”  Minny said.  “I will buy handphone.,” she answered. “Handphone? You have a new one right?,” said Minny. “It is not for me. Its for a friend.,” she explained. “For a friend? As far as I know all our friends have phones.,” Minny asked. “Ahhhhmm. Ah! You don’t know him. He is a friend I met when I was doing charities.”, she explained. Lianne excitedly brought a phone for Junho. She brought the latest one and she hopes Junho knows how to use it.  Upon arriving home she hurriedly went to her room to study her notes. In her surprise, her brother Nichkhun was there. “Oppa, what are you doing here?,” she asked. “I guess I just missed my sister.,” he said while giving a warm hug to her sister. “Ah! Oppa, I missed you too. My oppa is the best of all oppars.,” she said. “Am I?,” he responded. “Ne! That’s why I love you so much.,” she said. “My baby girl, let’s take our lunch together tomorrow. And I would not take no as an answer.,”  he said. “Ahhhhh. Oppa!,” “As I said I won’t take no as an answer. Ara? Now, just study your notes.,” said Nichkhun and then he left Lianne’s room. “But oppa Junho will take his lunch alone tomorrow.,” she said to herself while looking at the handphone that she brought for him. “Ah! I will just leave a note.” She write a note and stick it on the package of the handphone saying…..

             “Junho-ssi, Sorry but I can’t take lunch with you today. My brother invited me to have lunch with him. I can’t say no. By the way, I brought you a handphone. I already saved my number in it and I assume you already know how to use it, right? It has built in internet connection so just send me a message in kakao whenever you need me. Eat well Junho-ssi.” 

                                                                                                                   -Lianne

      The next day Lianne went to school earlier than she always does. She went directly at the music room and left the handphone at the top of the piano because she knows Junho can easily see it. Then, she went to their classroom for their class. As usual she greeted Junho but Junho ignored her again. “Okay class. Now, I want you to have a partner for your term presentation.,” their Literature teacher said. This announcement cause a noise in the classroom. “Lianne-ssi, let’s be partners for this.,” Minny offered. Lianne then looked at Junho, he is relaxed and it seems like he doesn’t care at all. “Minny-ah, I think I have already found a partner for this. Sorry. Nini, you can be Minny’s partner right?,” she said. “Yes, ofcourse.,” Nini said. “I assumed you already found your partner. I want you to recite some lines in Romeo and Juliet. This will be performed here in front on the 3rd week of this month.,”  their teacher added. The class ended Lianne waited for Junho to get out from the room. “Let’s be partners for this. I know you have not yet chosen one. I don’t need your explanations. Bye.,”  Lianne said. Junho went to the music room to take his lunch. He saw Lianne’s gift at the top of the piano. He read the message. “She’s troublesome.” He said to himself. Lianne on the otherhand, took her lunch with Nichkhun and Nichkhun’s friends. She always looking for her phone waiting for Junho’s text or message in kakao but there is none. After about 30 minutes of waiting, she decided send a message to Junho in kakao.

           “Junho-ssi. Its already final. You will be my partner.”

              After 5 minutes of not receiving a reply from him, she send a message again.

          “Are you going to ignore me forever? We are friends.”

           And again….

        “Have you taken your lunch already? Eat well.”

             And again…

        “Let’s practice for our presentation. Wait for me later at the music room.”

             And again…

        “Junho-ya, junho-yaaaaaaa!”

               While sending it, Taecyeon noticed her and ask, “Lianne-ssi, aren't you hungry? You have not touch your food. You don't like it?” “Aniyo oppa. I just….. hmmmmm! Ahmmm. Waiting for my favorite band to release their new song. That’s it.,” she explained. “Ahhhmmmm. Taec you know my sister like those stuffs. Ya, Lianne-ssi, eat your food. I don’t like you to be skin and bones.,” Khun said. “Yes oppa. I will now eat.,”  she said while grabbing spoon and fork. “How bothersome. How dare you not to reply to my text messages Lee Junho. How dare you.”, she thought.

     After their lunch she went back to their room for the afternoon session she tried to ignore Junho. In that moment she hated him for not reply in her messages. After the class, she went to cafeteria to buy some foods for her and Junho for their practice. She then, walked to the music room. While walking, she noticed that someone is following her. She changed her path and walked quickly as far as she could. Uncounsciously, she was already near the woods. Eventhough she was afraid she continued to walk and when suddenly a man grabbed her wrist and said, “Lianne-ssi where are you going huh?” She then looked the guy and he was the member of the fraternity that she messed up with to protect Junho. Another guy appeared and another and another and another. “What do you need? I will tell this to my brother.,” she explained. “Do you think your brother would know this if you are already dead?,” one of the guy said while grabbing her back. “You don’t know who are you messing up with.,” Lianne said while kicking the guy who hold him. She then ran as fast as she could and shouted as loud as she could. Junho heard it while playing the piano. He has the ability of hearing anything from the woods. He then run to the forest following Lianne’s voice. The guys who were running after Lianne caught her. The other guy hold her right wrist while the other on her left. Now, she has nowhere to go. The leader of the fraternity slapped her and was about to kiss her when a guy appeared and said, “Let her go.”  “Junho-ssi!!!,” Lianne exclaimed while tears fall down from her face. “Oh oh oh! A friend come to help.,” the leader said. Junho looked at him with blazing red eyes. He then grabbed his shirt and push him. Lianne was shocked as the guy flew away. The other guys tried to attack Junho with a knife but before the knife touched Junho’s skin their wrists were already fractured.  Some of them went down; they are not dead but were severyly injured. The remaining few run bringing their injured friends along. Junho then played pull a flute from his pocket played it so that he can erase their memory. After that she looked at Lianne, Lianne saw what he did and his red blazing eyes scared her. “What are you really? What?,” she asked. He tried to hold her but she ran away. She reach the school ground when Taecyeon saw her. “Lianne-ssi, are you okay? Why are you so pale? What happened?,” he asked. “Oppa, help me. They are running after me? Oppaaaa.,” she said. Taecyeon then hold her tightly asking who were those guys running after her but she already fainted. He then hurriedly brought her to his car and drove her way back home. While driving he called Nichkhun. “Nichkhun-ssi? You are home right? I found Lianne at school grounds. She said someone was running after her. I tried to ask her who are they but she already fainted.” “What? Who do you think did that to her? Vampires? Did they already know?,”  Nichkhun asked worriedly. “I don’t know. Maybe not. Cause if they did, we can see nail scratches on her body but I can’t see anything. Don’t worry we are already near at your place. She’s safe with me. I’m hanging up now.,” Taecyeon explained. As they reach their place, Nichkhun, their Mom and their Dad were waiting at the gate. Taecyeon is carrying Lianne on his arms. Nichkhun and his Mom then accompanied him to her room while his Dad called someone to see Lianne. When Taec was about to put her down, her eyes opened. “Sweety who ran after you? Who did this to you?,” her mom asked. “The guys on that fraternity.,” she uttered. When hearing those words, Khun turned his back. He wanted to get some revenge but before he took his step she said, “Khunnie oppa, let them go. I can report this to the principal. Don’t do anything to them please.”  Khun then turned his back and went near her. She sat on her bed while holding her hands and said, “I understand. Now, take a rest okay?”  Their family doctor arrived. Khun then left a kiss on her sister’s forehead.

           “Is she alright? Did they attacked her?,”  Taecyeon said while approaching the doctor. “I don’t think so. Humans did. Now, she is alright. She’s febrile but I think she just need rest.,”  the doctor explained.

             The next day, Junho went to their school pretending that nothing happened yesterday. He did his usual habits while in school. She kept on looking on Lianne’s chair but it seems like she will not arrive. “Minny –ssi, where is Lianne?,” Nini asked. “Khun called me earlier this morning. He told me to tell our professors that she is sick.,” she answered. Junho heard it. He can’t help it but to worry about Lianne’s condition. By and by he glanced at her chair and he knew he misses her. After the morning session, he went to the music room to take his lunch. He saw the handphone on the top of the piano. He opened it and when he the phone. All Lianne’s messages came in. While reading his messages, he realized that he missed her more. He decided to send her a message.

          “Assignment: Read Blue Book pages 121-130 and answer the questions on pages 131-133. Quiz on statistics will be tomorrow. Topic includes all the concept that were discussed this week.”

     Lianne woke up because her phone rang. Yes, it was a message from Junho. She then packed up her things and went to school. She tried to catch up their afternoon session but she was so unfortunate that she didn’t. She went to the music room and decided to wait for Junho. After the afternoon session, Junho went to the music room and he was surprised when he saw Lianne. He then went near her and asked, “Are you not afraid of me?” “I am not. Just tell me who you really are. You are my friend after all Junho. I am not afraid of you. You are my friend.,”  she answered. Junho then grabbed her wrist and it seems like he will take her somewhere.

 

    -Sorry to keep you waiting. My internet connection these days. I hope you really like my story. Thanks for reading. =] Btw, its Khun's birthday on the 24th. Don't forget to join our twitter party for him. =]