Chapter 1-The Encounter

Against All Odds

             Its September and all the students at Shindong University are busy preparing coming back to their school. Enthusiastically, Lianne came to school early to meet her friends and talk about their summer vacation. She is known in their university to be kind, friendly, and cheerful. Eventhough she comes from a rich clan she is very approachable and sees to it that she treated all the students fairly. “Minny-ssi, Hi! How is your vacation?,” she said upon seeing her bestfriend Minny. “Lianne, I miss so much. Well, my family went to Paris. Its beautiful there. I really enjoyed plus my Mom and I went shopping. You know its my happiness after all. How about you?,” her bestfriend answered. “Didn’t I say to you that I joined charity activities this summer? Its amazing. I texted everyone to join me but it seems like all of you are having vacation somewhere so I went alone but I really enjoyed.,” she explained. “Oh! How can you be so kind? You have joined several charity works. Oh well, let’s just go to our classroom before the bell rings.,”  Minny said.  Upon arriving at the classroom, Lianne greeted everyone and everyone responded to her too. “I really wondered why you are always that charming. Oh bestfriend, are you inlove?,” Minny asked. “Oh noooo! Of course not Minny. You should start your day with a smile and ends it with a smile.,” she explained. While Lianne and Minny are in the middle of discussing about life and happiness their teacher arrived. “Good morning class. I assumed that everyone is well prepared for this sem. So as usual I will be tough. You know it right?,” Miss Chin explained. “Ahhhhh!,” everyone protested. “But before I start today’s lesson I want you to meet your new classmate.” This statement of Miss Chin created a loud noise in the classroom. “I wish it will be a guy, a handsome guy.,” Minny whispered to Lianne. Then, a blond haired guy entered the classroom. He is about 178 cm and has cute eyes. Shyly, he introduced his self, “Good morning everyone. I am Lee Junho.” Okay Junho you can find your seat. Maybe you can sit beside Lianne since no one is sitting there,” Miss Chin offered.  Junho sat on the vacant chair beside Lianne. “Hi, I am Lianne. I hope we will be good friends.,” Lianne said while offering a handshake to him but in her surprised he ignored her. “Oh, okay. I know its kinda awkward to you. I understand but I hope we can be friends in the incoming days.,” she added but again Junho ignored her. The class started and as expected Lianne answered the questions of Miss Chin. “Okay class. I’m sorry to say but we will be having a short quiz before the end of the day.,” Miss Chin said and this cause chaos to the class. Everyone frowned while the taking the quiz. Well, Miss Chin is known to give the hardest quiz in the entire University so it is quiet expected. “Okay class times up. Please exchange your papers counter clockwise” Everyone was a bit frustrated when checking their papers. “I know I will get a low score in this quiz.,” Minny exclaimed. “Okay class now. Please pass the papers of those who got 20/20.” The checkers pass the papers of those who get a perfect score. “Oh as expected. Miss Lianne Horvejkul got a perfect score and there is another one. Oh! Let’s see. Lee Jun Ho.” As Miss Chin said his name the whole class turned their eyes on him including Lianne. “Congratulations Lianne and Junho for getting a perfect score in my quiz. I hope you will continue doing a great job. Class has ended. Enjoy your lunch.,” said Miss Chin. The whole class packed up their things and went to the cafeteria. In her curiosity with him, Lianne run after Junho. “Mr. Lee, I did not know you are that good. Maybe we can be friends or studymates.,” Lianne offered to Junho. Junho looked at her with a blazing eyes and looks like his angry with her. Lianne was shocked upon seeing Junho’s eyes. She were frozen on her place. “Lianne, my sister!,” Nichkhun, Lianne’s brother called her. Junho then hurriedly walked as if he sees a ghost. “Lianne hey! Are you okay? Who’s that?,” Nichkhun said. “Ahhhh! Oppa. Ahhhhh. New classmate. Hmmmm. He’s a bit weird. Andddd….,” she said while trying to describe Junho . “Hmmmm. So you are trying to be friend with him right? Well, I believe in the charm of my sister. He will be your friend soon but before that would you like to take a lunch with me? I think Minny will joined as too.,” Nichkhun offered. “Yes ofcourse, oppa! I can’t say no to you, right?,” Lianne said cheerfully. While taking her lunch, Lianne is thinking about Junho. She is really curious about him besides it is her first time to see that kind of eyes. “Lianne-ssi, Are you okay? Are you sick?,” Taecyeon, Lianne’s family friendly and Nichkhun’s bestfriend asked her. “Ahhhh. Nooo. oppa ofcourse not. Just thinking our today’s lesson.,” she explained. “You are such a good girl. The guy that will be your boyfriend will be very lucky.,” he said while patting her head. “You two look great together. I will be glad if my sister will ended someone like you Taec.,” Khun said. “Yeah, Khunnie oppa. Stop it. Taecyeon oppa and me are just friends. Besides he is 5 years older than me he is like my 2nd big brother.,” Lianne explained.

                The bell rang and the afternoon session began. Lianne seems to be anxious thinking that Junho is seated next to her. She is still bothered how he looked at her the last time she approached her. When the class ended she wants to follow him and approach him about the incident but she knows that Nichkhun will be waiting her in the parking a lot. “Ah. I will just text Nichkhun oppa that I will be studying in the library.,” she thought.

 

“Oppa, I will not go home with you today. I think I need to go to the library to do some research. I will just text our driver to fetch me later.”

 

                    She then secretly followed Junho. He walked fastly that it seems like she is running after him. She decided to take few seconds of rest as she is running out of breathe. She then realized that she is now own a forbidden part of their campus. The woods or they called it as the deadly forest is prohibited for students and school stuffs. Grapevines said that the forest houses many magical creatures and once you get inside you cannot find your way out. “Ahhhh. What should I do now? I am on the deadly forest. But wait…. Junho.”  She then looked on the way where she last see Junho but he is nowhere to be found. “What are you doing her? Are you dumb enough not reading our student manual. It is prohibited to go here.,” a voice of guy surprised her from the back. She turned back and with her surprised it was Junho. “Ya, why are you here? I see you walking on that way.,” she asked. “Just go home now. You don’t know what you are doing.,” Junho said and then he turned his back. Lianne grabbed his wrist and said “Ya what is your problem? I just want you to be my friend. Did the world hurt you that bad? It seems like you are carrying all the hates of the world.” Junho then looked at her with red blazing eyes causing her to be shocked. “What are you really?,”  she asked. Junho then flicked his fingers that caused Lianne into deep sleep.