04. Where is he?

Mistake Back Then

Two weeks after the unwanted introduction and days and days of Junmyeon trying to gather information, Chanyeol sends paperwork to Baekhyun's home for him to know that he will be trying to take action and to prepare for everything that's going to come. He isn't very gentle about it either, which confuses Baekhyun because the man had been so touchy and flirty with him or whatnot. 

Right now, Baekhyun's eyes are fixed on this letter in his hands and he's crying. He thinks he must look like a fool right now. Crying hysterically because his ex-boyfriend who's a popular idol star is trying to take custody of his son that he's raised, after years of no attempt to even get to know the little toddler. How could he do this to him? How could he try and screw him over when he wasn't even there for the baby at any time in his life. It was unfair. 

Not only is it unfair, but it makes Baekhyun cry so hard because that means that he'd have to let Chanyeol meet their son even though he doesn't want to do it likes this. He never wanted to do it like this.

 

 

 

After an hour of weeping and crying, Jongin arrives and sees Baekhyun a mess. Walking over, he doesn't even hesitate to pull the boy into his arms and ask him what's wrong. Baekhyun explains and the male is trying not to march all the way to where Chanyeol lives and beat the crap out of him. 

"How could he do this?" Jongin speaks softly, in fear of making his lover scared. "How could he make you seem like the bad guy when he's the one who left. He doesn't even know that--"

"It doesn't matter, Jongin." Baekhyun interrupts with a sigh. "He's going to find out either way and before this whole court thing goes into spiral, I need to tell him." And with that, he gets up off the couch and grabs his car keys to go on his way to the rich male's home. Before he can even reach the front door, his wrist is grabbed and he stops.

"What is it?" Baekhyun speaks with a soft voice, not having any energy left in his body from all that crying. Jongin just pulls the small frame into his arms and hugs him tightly while pressing his lips onto his lover's forehead. 

"Promise me that whatever happens... you won't go back. You'll let him see the baby and that's it." 

"Jongin--"

"Promise me."

"I don't see why--"

"I'm scared to lose you. Just promise me." 

Baekhyun stays silent for some time, taking a deep breath. "I promise you, Jongin. I have loved you for so long, I don't think I could peel myself away for someone who left me just like that." He says nothing but the truth he feels in his heart. It's not a lie and Jongin can feel the sincerity in his boyfriend's voice, so he releases him off and lets him go to his ex-lover's house.

When he watches Baekhyun go, he can't help but feel like he's losing him already with every step he takes and he can't do anything about it. It's inevitable. 


It's not hard finding Chanyeol's home since he has such a wide fanbase and a wide fanbase includes a bunch of sasaeng fans that are quite popular for following Chanyeol around and stalking him everywhere he goes. They go as far as to breaking into his home and sleeping beside him, so accounts have given away his address. It's not the way he wished to find where the idol lives, but it works either way. It's been said that Chanyeol upgraded his security and so Baekhyun kind of feels at ease. 

On his way there, he thinks about what has happened to him for the past month. He can hardly go out in public because he's either spat at or shamed with words or glares. He's not sure why he's the one getting blamed when Chanyeol had released a statement that it was him who left the child, but he figures that it's how it goes when the father is a top idol. 

Baekhyun shakes his head out of thought and arrives at ease, parking in front of the large gates that guard fans out from the idol's home. There's a bunch of them in tents and even poking their heads through the large gates and he knows that he's most likely going to get a lot of crap but he needs to see Chanyeol now. 

Getting out, he makes his way to the front gate and tries to keep his head hung low, but he's already noticed within a blink of an eye. 

"Isn't that Baekhyum?" He hears a girl snort. "Disgusting." Another girl goes on. 

He's usually strong and he thought he could handle all of this. He was prepared for this after all, but he can't take it when he hears comments about his baby. Things like, 'glad that oppa left that hideous baby' and 'that baby deserved to be left'. His fans make assumptions and it hurts his heart because that's his child they're talking about. It's not the baby's fault he left them, but he doesn't say anything.

Going to the intercom, Baekhyun is about the press the button and ring himself in, but he's stopped by a fan. 

"You can't go in." She says calmly. The look Baekhyun gives her obviously asks why can't he go in, and she doesn't even hesitate to tell him. "Chanyeol oppa is with Kyungsoo oppa. They will kill you if you interrupt them." He assumes that she's talking about the crazed fans that are keeping an eye on him, but he could honestly care less. 

The girl looks at him and sighs lightly, looking at the details on his face. "You really love him." She doesn't ask, but states it as if she could read him like an open book. "Not him, but your child. Going through all this trouble." Within a few seconds, the fan covers the buttons to open the gates and put in the pin, allowing Baekhyun to slide in quickly, locking out other fans.

"How'd you--"

"Chanyeol and I had a long time ago. He told me the code one day." She says, and she doesn't sound proud. The way she keeps her head low shows how ashamed she is and Baekhyun makes a note to punch Chanyeol in the gut soon. 

"I'm sorry." He apologizes on his behalf. "But, thanks for letting me in. You should really go home and stop coming here though."

"I will. I just want to make sure that Chanyeol is safe sometimes." He knows that look in her eyes and he can't help but feel sorry for them both. "You love him." He doesn't ask.

Turning around, he goes on up to the front door, approaching it slowly. His hand reaches up and stops at the doorbell. He's honestly a little scared. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol aren't exactly a secret, being the nation's most shipped couple. He doesn't know how he'll be able to handle it in his face though. The game is different when it's in front of you, but Baekhyun takes a breath and it up. He had Jongin for Christ's sake. 

Ringing the doorbell, Baekhyun stands there with both hands in his pocket. while he purses his lips to keep himself calm and collected, the door swings open and he's met with Chanyeol's handsome face. His skin is glowing and he's wearing a robe to cover his bare body, so it's no wonder what the two idols have been doing together in this luxurious home and Baekhyun doesn't even know why his heart shatters in some sort of way. 

It's silent between them for a moment until Chanyeol starts the conversations, startling the other out of his thoughts. "Hey, Baek." The giant grins toothily. "I assume you've gotten the papers." Chanyeol says it so casuaully, it makes the other want to pop him in the jaw for trying to do this to him.

"Yeah, I did." He responds, biting on his tongue so he doesn't suddenly lash out at the guy. The expression on his face seems to look sad, lost, and defeated. That's not the case though, but Chanyeol thinks that and he thinks he has won the 'fight' between them.

"So you know how this works, Baek. I'm sorry. I just want to fight for my kid."

"The one you left?" Baekhyun suddenly snaps and it causes Chanyeol to widen his eyes and flinch from the incredible volume the small male suddenly has. He's seen Baekhyun get angry and become sassy, but he's never seen him so angry to the point where he punches something, which he sees right now as the boy punches the door frame. "You're the one who left! The one who told me to get rid of my kid was you!" He can't hold in his feels any longer, but he tries to collect himself. 

Chanyeol however, decides to stand up straight and huff. "Are you even sure my kid is real? Are you even taking care of him properly? How come every time I come over or see you, he isn't with you?" His voice is so loud and Baekhyun's expression suddenly changes. The taller thinks he's struck some kind of nerve in the male. 

"Shut up." Baekhyun's voice is faint and quiet. Fragile, even. Chanyeol wants to ask if the boy is alright but settles on not doing that since it'd look like he's weak.

"Get your crap together if you want to see my son." He spits out quickly, wanting to get it out soon or else he would forget his whole purpose here. "I'll be waiting in my car outside. It's going to be a long drive so get comfortable." 

Chanyeol stands there, dumbfounded. "You're gonna let me see him?"

"Don't make me change my mind. Hurry up." He turns around to walk back to his car, but he doesn't miss Chanyeol's deep voice telling Kyungsoo that he'd be leaving and that he'd be back home soon. He doesn't miss the 'I love you' either.

Baekhyun curses himself for having sharp ears. 


Chanyeol slides into the car in a pair of skinny jeans, a nice flannel, and some nice glasses. It earns him a snort from his ex-lover, but he just shrugs. "Dress to impress, right?" He jokes at a times like this and Baekhyun rolls his eyes, not even hesitating to step on the gas pedal. "Right. Our son will be so impressed with the father who left him just because he dresses nice." He destroys Chanyeol's goofy grin and he doesn't even feel sorry about it.

"He's young though. He doesn't know, right?" The sentence makes Baekhyun scoff in disgust. "My son may be young, but he is really intelligent. Started talking at age two, and he knew full sentences at three. That's pretty quick, alright."

"Why do you say 'my son'? He's mine too, you know." 

"He's a part of you, but to me, he will never be yours. You were never there for him. I don't know why you claim to be the good o' father when you weren't there. You weren't there for his first birthday, or the first time he had a seizure. Do you know how scary that was?" Baekhyun feels tears well up in his eyes as he drives carefully, blinking rapidly to get rid of them. "Jongin was there for the both of us and took care of my son well."

"Don't you talk about that in front of me!" Chanyeol suddenly shouts and Baekhyun swerves over to the side and parks the car. "Don't you call him that!" He fights back, not daring to face the other but stays facing forward. "I don't know why you hate him so much when you should be thanking him for being my son's father figure!"

"Never! Do you know why I hate him? He stole my kid away from me. He's not supposed to call anyone daddy besides you and I! And what else? He stole you. You promised, Baek! You said you'd only love me for the rest of your life!" His mouth won't stop running and the last part accidentally slipped out, but he doesn't care. He doesn't care until Baekhyun slowly turns to him with tears streaming down his face. 

"How could you say that when you're ing everything that breathes!" The latter sobs out, bursting into tears as he covers his face with both hands. "How do I continue to love you when you do that?" Chanyeol stays quiet and watches, unable to do nothing but that.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun's breathing calms as does he and he doesn't speak to Chanyeol for an hour or so. The other doesn't blame him, but the silence in the car is suffocating. He feels as if he just might die from the silence. Baekhyun thinks he just might kill the guy because of it. Chanyeol keeps shuffling in his seat and clearing his throat when unnecessary. 

"We're still hours away,  Chanyeol. Will you shut up and sit still?" His voice is a little hoarse from sobbing like a baby earlier, but he manages to shut the giant up for about ten more minutes. After that, the giant reaches over to the radio and turns it on. He honestly expects to be shut off quickly, but Baekhyun doesn't even bother to turn off the radio just yet.

'This is PIA! The radio station with all of your hottest popular idol articles going on! What's up poppers? I got a hot story circulating in the media right now and if you're a Park Chanyeol fan, you sure wanna listen to this!' 

Chanyeol tenses at the mention of his name andreaches over to shut of the radio but his hand is immediately swatted away. 

'As the nation knows, Park Chanyeol had released a statement that he was the one who left the mistake of a baby. What's funny right now is that it's been reported that the two males will be fighting in court for the custody of their child! How funny is that?' 

There's a slam that echoes in the car and Chanyeol realizes the radio had been shut off by a punch. He wonders when Baekhyun had started being so violent.

The latter however, is trying to take deep breathes to calm himself down.

"It must be so fun being an idol, right Chanyeol? Get to have with all of the people you want, expecting your ex-lover to continue to love you like an idiot. Is that how you see me? And how can you just let them talk about my son like that? Do you know how hard my son-- he..."

"Baekhyun, calm down." He tries to calm the other, afraid that Baekhyun might get light headed and faint. But as always, the male immediately shoots him down. 

"You'll never understand."


Chanyeol falls asleep in the car after Baekhyun calms down once again and he's honestly thankful for that. The rest of the ride is quiet and peaceful, leaving the boy to his thoughts and nothing else. 

How would Chanyeol react when he meets his son? Or really-- how would his son react?

All of those worries must be put aside when they arrive at the house they've been driving to. Turning to Chanyeol's side, he sees the sleeping male peacefully catching up on what he probably does get much due to his schedules and he doesn't know why he suddenly feels sympathetic for him. 

"Wake up and make yourself look decent. We're here." His words are cold, but his words are anything but that. 

Baekhyun doesn't wait for Chanyeol as the taller male readies himself. He's supposed to make himself somewhat presentable and it makes him feel a little odd, because it's only his son, but it's his son that he hasn't seen. His son that grew up with one father until Jongin came along. 

'No, Chanyeol. Don't do this to yourself. Just go on up there and meet your son.' he tells himself mentally, getting out of the car and patting his clothes down. "I'm ready now, Baekhyun." He looks up with a small smile and the boy can't help but feel his heart flutter at the sight. 

Chanyeol isn't wearing designer pants or a nice button up shirt, but is wearing the style he used to wear back in the good old days like they were in high school. Baekhyun misses that look, but now all he sees on television is the man in flashy clothing with girls at his sides. 

Shaking his head, he leads the tall giant up the steps and takes a deep breath. "Act natural, Chanyeol. Don't pull any idol stunts or something." He tells him, ringing the door bell of the nice looking home. The idol between the both just sighs, making sure his hair isn't sticking out oddly. "Where are we even at?" He asks, looking around.

His question is somewhat answered when the door swings open and an elder woman looks at both of the boys up and down. "Baekhyun-ah." She coos with her fragile voice, opening her arms and letting Baekhyun hold his small frame for a hug. "You're here to visit him, aren't you?" 

"Yeah... It's been awhile since I've seen my little cutie pie." He giggles quietly, turning to Chanyeol. "Grandma, this is Chanyeol." He introduces rather casually as if the woman already knows him. Apparently she does by the deadly glare he recieves from her. 

"Y-You have a nice place." He nervously coughs out. "Very beautiful."

"Well, in the mountains, it's very peaceful here rather than in the busy city. Your son loved it here a lot." She smiles softly as she speaks. "Well, go on in the back. You know where he always is, Baekhyun." 

"Right, grandma. Come on, Yeol." He hums as he grabs the sleeve of Chanyeol's flannel, dragging him inside the nice looking home and back outside through the back. The view is absolutely breath taking with all the flowers growing around them, and the view of the mountains. Baekhyun leads him to the end of the yard where there's a drop; a fence blocking it for safety. 

"Where's our kid?" Chanyeol blinks, looking left and right for a giggling child that has his ears and Baekhyun's puppy eyes but that kid is nowhere to be found. 

"Stay here and I'll go get him." Baekhyun says with a gentle smile, but there's something odd in it that he can't quite put his hand on. He doesn't say anything though and watches the other walk away into the house and he comes back a few minutes later empty handed.

"Close your eyes, Chanyeol. He'll come out." He says, hands behind his back. Chanyeol listens. With eyes closed now, he breathes slowly, readying himself for the moment that he never knew would ever come to him. 

"Alright, Chansung..." He hears him speak sweetly and it brings tears to his eyes because, Baekhyun must be an amazing father. He must have been all these years, having to do it by himself. "I want you to meet someone special. Let him introduce himself to you, okay?" There's nothing but silence. "Alright, Yeol. Here." Baekhyun's voice breaks in some sort of way and as Chanyeol opens his eyes, he realizes why.

"Chansung," The giant chokes out. "I'm your daddy."  Chanyeol can't help but cry as he reaches out to his son. 

'Park Chansung. The bright little son of Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol. You will always be in all of our hearts. 2010-2013' 

Reading the urn that contains the ashes of his child, Chanyeol now realizes that the biggest mistake that he ever made in his life was leaving Baekhyun and Chansung alone. Now he lost Baekhyun as his lover and Chansung as his son. That was his mistake back then.


a/n: sooooo how about that. im sorry shoot me in the face im sorry uguhguhguuhguhguhg i love you all . 3k+ update for you all . thank you. and thaaaaaank you to my beta readerererere~ <3