03. Unwanted Introductions

Mistake Back Then

"Junmyeon-hyung, please." Chanyeol practically begs with his eyes. He's been begging for an hour now, trying to get the information to Baekhyun's place. He knows that it's not hard for him because he's an idol an he has connections, but only Junmyeon is allowed to do such things with said connections. If he did it without the latter's permission, he'd be nothing but a pile of goo. Not only that, he doesn't want to go to Baekhyun's place alone. He'd rather bring Junmyeon along, as a friend; just like old times back in high school.

"Why do you even want it? We need to let this news die down, not rise higher!" His manager shouts back, flinging his hands into the air. "Do you know what people are saying about the both of you right now? Shall I read it off? Oh wait-- which site first?" Junmyeon continues on, bringing up Chanyeol's fancafe site to read recent posts. "Baekhyun must be such a to let oppa knock him up." He reads off and it hurts the idol because it definitely isn't like that. Baekhyun was such a sweetheart. "Baekhyun? What a disgusting name. How about the fandom calls him Baekhyum instead? Baekhyum, meaning disgusting. ㅋㅋㅋ" The more he reads off, the more the larger male wants to flip everything in the room and toss it across the room. 

He loved his fans, he really did. It just wasn't fair sometimes, when they didn't know the full story. When the media twists words and stories around like it's some kind of game or a joke. And that's all it is, really. A game, for money.

"Two news portal sites have been emailing us, Yeol." Junmyeon sighs. "They have the audio of you two talking. If they find out that you left the baby and Baekhyun, it sure as hell will go great for Baek, but not so well for you and your carrerr." He knows that Chanyeol is probably not going to care at this point because he could still see the faint hint in his eyes that he still loves the little guy, despite all of the one night stands and sweet whispers he's given to one of the recent hallyu idols, Do Kyungsoo. He still loved Baekhyun and there was no question about it.

"Just--" Chanyeol runs a hand through his hair. "Please release it. Tell them to. I can try and rebuild my image but Baek can't. He needs a job, Junmyeon. For his kid-- my kid. Please?"

Of course he wasn't heartless enough to just let Baekhyun and his baby suffer life that, so he would definitely make those calls even though it'll be a huge pain in the for him and Chanyeol afterwards. "Alright." He huffs. "I'll make the calls, but you better be ing practicing over time you ." That earns him a heavy sigh from the elf and a wipe in his wet eyes. "Thank you so much." Chanyeol thanks him, sniffling quietly. 

The look in front of his is surprising and it's also heart breaking. Everyone knew the guy wasn't himself since Baekhyun had left, but no one really said anything about it or minded it much. He was just the same except he seemed more cold at times, or he would pretend like he didn't care about every person he ed after kicking them out, but Junmyeon knows that inside, he's breaking and he just wants someone to share the pain with.

"Chanyeol." He calls the male, gaining his attention which included his sad eyes and tear stained cheeks. "Get ready and we'll go."

"Go where?"

"To see Baekhyun and your kid." 

Just as he says that, Chanyeol's eyes go wide and he sits there for a second. Junmyeon was really letting him go and see him? He knows that they've been best friends for years but the guy was really serious about his job, so he didn't think he'd really consider it. Wasting no time in thinking in his head, the male gets on both feet and starts to gather his things.

Just right before they're about to exit the office, Junmyeon holds the male by the shoulder and looks with a soft expression. 

"You really love him still, don't you?" 

"Of course."

There really is no question in it.

Chanyeol will always love Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unfortunately for the latter, Baekhyun possibly didn't love him back because once the address to his home is received, the two friends make their way on over to his apartment. Chanyeol is mentally freaking out because he looked at the background of the place he's staying at and it's a small place, with one bedroom, and the neighboor hood had a recent shooting. Junmyeon keeps telling him not to worry and stop being nosy, but that's not the main problem. 

The real problem is when Chanyeol knocks on the door after ten minutes of standing there and taking a breather. When the door cracks open only a little to see who it is, the tall male expects to see a petite male with puppy looking eyes, but instead he's met with a tan male, almost as tall as him. An immediate question comes to mind and it slips right through his mouth.

"Who the hell are you?" It comes out harshly and Junmyeon nudges him harshly for being so rude. The other male doesn't mind though because he expected Chanyeol sooner or later, but he didn't expect him when he's home alone.

"I'm Baekhyun's boyfriend and you must be his of an ex." He rolls his eyes, opening the door wider for the both of them. "Baek isn't home right now, but he'll be home soon in an hour or so. Care to come in or are you going to stand out there like the face you are." He comes off rudely and he means to because he can't even count how many times his boyfriend has cried over his ex before they got together when they'd first met at the coffee shop down the street. 

Even though he feels bitter about it all, he lets in the oh so famous idol and his manager because he knows that something needs to be said to Baekhyun and he hopes it is important because he doesn't want to deal with this guy right now. It's probably because he knows that deep inside Baekhyun's guarded heart, the love for Chanyeol is still there. He doesn't like to think like that so he just grunts, shutting the door and locking it.

"So Mr.Byun is going to be here for an hour or so?" Junmyeon remains professional and plans to until the friend of his comes home. Meanwhile, Chanyeol stays as Chanyeol while his eyes look at the frames on the walls. Tears are quickly welling up and he tries to blink them away because he doesn't want to seem weak in Baekhyun's-- boyfriend.

The photos on the wall start out as Baekhyun and said boyfriend, but then as he walks further down where the couch is, baby photos are hung up. There's ones at the playground and a little boy is displayed, sliding down the slide all by himself. His smile is just like Baekhyun's, rectangle shaped and his eyes turning into crescents. Meanwhile, he's earned his other father's elf like ears. It's obvious that it's his child and it hurts his heart that he wasn't there for him (he assumes it's a boy from the clothing worn and he recalls Baekhyun saying, 'you can't see him and you never will'). Not only that, but Baekhyun's boyfriend seems to have been there for the kid because once he reaches the couch, the little boy is seen in the arms of his boyfriend, smiling so happily.

Junmyeon notices this and drags the giant to the couch and seats themselves both down. 

"Yeah," Jongin finally answers the manager with a nod of the head, taking a seat across from them. "He's about to finish his shift."

"And you don't go and pick him up?" Chanyeol jumps in with an annoyed tone.

"What he and I do is none of your buisness, Park. I used to pick him up from work but then he asked me to just start making dinner instead. I agreed because he seems tired when he comes home to cook for us both." Jongin rolls his eyes, already annoyed by the boy's presence. 

What Chanyeol really wants to do is lash out and cuss the dude out, but instead he grips onto the fabric of his jeans and grits his teeth. Of course, Joonmyun being the angel he is, steps in says something.

"I apoligize for Chanyeol's behavior. As you know, he-- cares deeply about Mr.Byun." He bows his head, apologizing for the male. Jongin waves it off, shaking his head. 

"Don't worry." He smiles lightly at the man before suddenly realizing that he has not introduced himself. "I'm Kim Jongin, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you both. I heard so much. About Chanyeol, at least." 

"Obviously."

"Chanyeol-- please." 

"No, Junmyeon. Don't 'please' me." The male rolls his eyes, ignoring Junmyeon. "Why do you guys live in such a small place? Do you live with Baek? Why do you both own such a small place when you're both working? My kid shouldn't be living in such a small place when you're both working. Do you work, Jongin? Do you?" Chanyeol's questions never seem to end cause his big mouth is running, not giving the boy to answer him. "Where is my son anyway? Did you send him off to daycare while you're here doing nothing? You're so--"

"Can you just shut the up for a second?" Jongin cuts in harshly. "First of all, you shouldn't even have a damn opinion. Second, Baekhyun's child is not yours. Yes, he's part of you, but you were never a part of his life. Third, I didn't send him off to daycare, you idiot. At least I was there for him for a second of his life. The kid-- he's.." Before he can even say anything else, there's the sound of jingling keys at the door and they're all alarmed because they know it's Baekhyun.

The latter opens the door sucessfully and doesn't seem to notice the guests he has over because he's too busy doing his usual tasks. He hangs his coat on the coat hanger, then slips off his shoes and goes into his slippers. After that, he makes his way to the kitchen to check what Jongin had cooked. "You're not watching TV today, baby?" He asks so casually and it makes Chanyeol cringe. "That's odd. Haha, you're always watching TV." He continues on until after he covers the pot of steaming food. "Should we go and visit Chansung today?" He asks and turns his attention towards the living room. 

"Oh." He holds his breath for a second. Yes, Chanyeol is there and he gets that, but his best friend that he'd left is sitting right beside him and he gasps a little. "Jun--Junmyeon?" Baekhyun blinks for a second, approaching the three with very careful steps. The said friend looks up with sad eyes and a gentle smile. "Yeah. Long time no see, Baek."  Junmyeon wants to play cold for the other leaving him just like that, but he doesn't have the heart to when Baekhyun charges at him with a big hug.

"You know him?" Jongin asks curiously, no hint of jealous or rage. His boyfriend then explains and introduces, ignoring Chanyeol's presence. The latter just sits there, scoffing at every word his ex says. 'Junmyeon this-' and 'Junmyeon that-' He wanted some attention too, even if it's only to yell at him because ignoring this whole situation was going to change anything. 

While everyone is busy chatting their mouths away, Chanyeol wonders where could his son be. Why isn't he walking around on his little feet or begging Baekhyun to play with him? Maybe the parent life isn't exactly what he expected, or maybe he just really wants to see what he and Baekhyun created; see what he had left behind. 

"So, Chanyeol..." Baekhyun finally decided to acknowledge his existence. "What bring you here?" He asks, as if what was on the news was no big deal or nothing at all. 

"Don't you know?"

"I know, and I don't care. Jongin and I are happy and if people want to trash on me, go ahead." 

"But what about you and the baby? What about your job? The future for the baby?"

"Chanyeol--" Jongin cuts him off harshly. 

"You're not understanding here, Chanyeol." Baekhyun pinches the bridge of his nose while frustratingly sighing. "I understand you're just trying to be nice and everything, but I said I was fine. Jongin and I will be okay and figure everything out on our own." He sounds so irritated and Chanyeol wants to explode in anger. Why was he irritated? He was only caring for his child and Baekhyun himself.

"You're not the one understanding here, Baek!" He raises his voice, booming it through out the whole apartment. This time Junmyeon is the one to try and calm him down, cuttting him off. "You need to calm down, Yeol. You're scaring him." He says softly, fanning the other male. 

"Scaring him?" He scoffs. "How can I be scaring him? He's the one who doesn't even care for his own child!" 

That was the last straw for Baekhyun. Without warning or even seeing it, the latter gets off of the couch he's seated on and lunges forward to straddle the giant, smacking harshly on the chest and manages to slap him once across the cheek. "You don't know anything!" He yells, tears starting to fall down his pale skin. 

It has to take Jongin and Junmyeon to pry him off the other, but they manage to hold him back and calm him down a little while Chanyeol holds his red cheek. 

"I think it's time for you go." Jongin says, holding Baekhyun close against as he cries into the tan male's chest. Junmyeon quickly agrees and sighs. "Yeah. I'm sorry about all of this. Originally, we came to tell you that the media had a footage of Baekhyun and Chanyeol at the grocery store and recorded the whole conversation. If they release it, it would be bad on Chanyeol's image but let's Baekhyun free. We came to say that we will be letting them release the footage. Sorry for the inconvenience." He lets out quickly, gasping for breath at the end. After that, the blonde male is up and dragging a giant behind him very angrily. 

"Wait--" Baekhyun says suddenly, stopping boys. "Thank you Chanyeol, for being so kind. But please-- don't come near me, my home, and Jongin. My son too." He speaks, saying the last one a little more slower. "Just please-- go back to the way you were before the store." 

If it was really what Baekhyun wanted, of course he wouldn't do it. Chanyeol didn't want to back down.

"I won't." He mutters before him and Junmyeon are out of the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What are you going to do now?" The blonde male asks after hanging up on the phone to tell them to release the footage. Chanyeol just spins around in the office chair while tossing a small ball in his hand.

"Hyung, do you think you can find out where my boy is? Do you think I can win him?"

"You're going to court with this?"

"It's the only way right?"

Selfish, Junmyeon wanted to say. 

"You do understand you'd hurt Baekhyun more than you already have."

The response he gets is a shrug. 

"I want my son."


AUTHOR'S CORNER;
thank you guys for reading, really.
ive gained so much subs and i love 
the comments ive gotten hahahha
please sub, comment, and upvote please?
if you want, my loves. also, please look forward
to the rest. The end is almost near
two more chapters. 

wasn't proofread btw
XOXO
credit