And Replay

He's Annoying.

 

Enter: You, 13 years old.
Enter Taemin, 14 years old.

"Hurry, hurry! The commercial's almost over!" Mrs. Lee called from the living room. Being close friends of the Lee family, you and your family came over to watch Taemin's debut together. He was finally performing on stage — the place he had always wanted to be. The place he let his heart pour out onto the world. 

He visited before his debut date, saying he was going to join a group called 'SHINee'. He told you, along with his family, that it was awkward meeting them, but that he connected easily with them because of the similar passion they shared. He also said that one of them had really round eyes, but couldn't remember his name very well. 

During his visit, he also mentioned the song they were going to release, called "Noona, You're So Pretty". 

It didn't take long until the song they released was all over the radio, almost in the viral sense. Most of your friends whined and commented about how they wished they were older than at least the maknae (youngest). "That way, Taemin could be singing to me..." they sighed heavily. Even your own mother's friends talked about how they imagined SHINee, or as they say it, "The Golden Boys" sang that song to them. 

"Next up, the new contemporary group, SHINee!" the commentator announced, waving his hands to the stage. Mrs. Lee, being the proud mother that she was, clasped her hands together and placed them near her heart. "That's my son!" she said lovingly. 

There. You thought to yourself as you spotted him, wearing the same top as he did during the music video. He was standing in the middle, catching everyone's attention with his wide smile. That's him. 

"Ya, Taemin, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!" cheered his brother, who was restless on the couch. Ever since Taemin made it in the open audition, his brother Taesun had become so supportive of his brother; it was the sweetest thing to see. It was no wonder Taemin cried for him during one of the radio broadcasts he did when he was new to the world of fame. 

You smiled to yourself. This was your friend. This was your childhood friend. "Taeminnie, you're really the best."

Their performance ended with him standing in the middle, a shy yet proud smile on his face. "Assa!" you all cheered, applauding for him even though he couldn't hear it. It was late in the evening, so soon after their debut, your family said their goodbyes and good nights before retiring back to your own house. 

You laid down in bed, the same two lines running through your head before going off to sleep. 

I keep thinkin' about you, I keep dreaming about you...