X Silver Aura

stark reviews ● [semi-hiatus]

     

Silver Aura 

TITLE: [5/5]

I see nothing wrong with your title, so you get full points (: It's short, sweet and memorable. It follows the theme of the story without giving away anything, overall it's genius.

FOREWORD: [8/10]

The foreword was kind of mediocre, it didn't really draw me in even more after seeing the title. However, it wasn't bad either. I only took off 2 points because personally, I'm not a huge fan of fantasy stories. I also see no major gramatical errors so props to you!

PLOT: [8/10]

The plot is very well organized and thought out. It really surprised me because I thought this was going to be a cliche, "I-Hate-All-Men" and "This-One-Guy-Came-And-Changed-Me" kind of story but it wasn't (thank God). Your OC's phobia of skinship and stuff made it pretty interesting to read. The only problem I found with the plot was that it could have used like a little twist or two, just a mini twist. I'm a er for good cynical and rising plots so yeah a good plot twist (that doesn't have to really change the whole story) would have given your plot full marks.

CHARACTERIZATION: [18/20]

I loved your characterization for Beatrice, especially because she is your OC. She wasn't some typical cliche female character. She has some real qualities to her, even though she's living in a fantasical world. The rest of the characters were fine. I didn't really have a problem with them but their characterizations were definitely not fully developed like Beatrice. That's ok though because, again, it didn't interfere with my reading.

FLOW: [16/20]

The flow was just a tiny but (keyword, tiny) bit slow for me. It would have been a little better if there was something not too big, but exciting in the first couple chapters, you know, just to hook people in. Other than that, your flow was pretty smooth once your plot started building. 

GRAMMAR: [17/20]

I saw very little grammatical and spelling mistakes, if there were any they were very small mistakes. There were some times where you could have used a semi-colon instead of a comma, or switched commas out fith dashes, etc. I also saw a couple verb tense switches in there so a quick reread would fix that up.

IMPACT: [13/15]

I actually found myself liking your story and was surprised that I did. I'm pretty picky when it comes to my fanfics and again, I'm not the biggest fantasy lover but your story may have changed that. I'm not a VIXX fan either and I don't know the memebers at all so this isn't me being biased. I really enjoyed your story, well done. OH AND I WANT TO HUG YOU FOR USING LATIN TO NAME YOUR CHAPTERS!! I take Latin in school and there's this stereotype that if you take Latin, you're a nerd because "dead language" and stuff. Whenever I see Latin in real life, I get excited lmao and it makes your story seem more old and sophisticated so YAS.

OVER-ALL: 84/100

REVIEWER'S NOTE: hi, I apologize for taking forever to review your story, I recently just got back from vacation. Again, sorry for the super long delay. I hope I helped you in some way and again, I can't say enough how sorry I am for your delay.

-reviewer: janus4ever

LAYOUT DESIGNED AND CODED BY FLAMZFOX AT CERULEAN THEMES