New friends

How to be in love

--Sunday past 11 in the morning—

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

So we’re here now at the school gate waiting for Sunny and to pick us up. Yes, we. Jessica is already here too but neither of us would speak. Aside from waiting Sunny, we are also still waiting for Taeyeon. It’s already past 11 and she’s still not here. She’s way too very late.

 

Not too soon, a car stopped in front of us. It was Sunny.

 

“Hey you two! Have you been waiting for me that long? Sorry. You could get in the car.” Sunny told us invitingly.

 

“But Taeyeon is still not here.” I remind Sunny of Taeyeon’s absence in the scene.

 

“Don’t worry Sooyoung-ssi. We’ll see her soon.”

 

Jessica and I then go inside the car.

 

With half an hour trip. The whole trip is filled with 70% silence. It wasn’t for Sunny being talkative, it would be a trip of pure silence. Thanks to her. Of course, I jive in her stories too. It wouldn’t be nice if she’s the only one talking among us three. And about Jessica, as usual, she won’t speak any word. Actually, she doesn’t have any reaction at all. Obviously, she’s not mute or somewhat at all so I don’t see why she keeps to be quiet at all times.

------

Finally, we arrived at Sunny’s house.

 

“Come in. Feel yourself at home.” Sunny inviting us very humbly.

So we follow her inside her house.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Jessica-ssi, Sooyoung-ssi!” another midget welcomes us with a big smile.

 

Much to my surprise, I didn’t expect to see Taeyeon there inside the house.

 

“annyeonghaseyo Taeyeon-ssi” Jessica greeted politely

 

Another thing that surprised me is of Jessica just spoke. Of course, she still have her manners.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Taeyeon-ssi.” I greeted her too. “I did not expect to see you here. I thought you will just come later. Hehe”

 

“Ah no. I also live here that’s why.” Taeyeon explained

 

“Yes, she’s living with me. We both live here. Sorry for not telling this earlier. Keke” Sunny added

 

“Would you mind if I ask why is that you’re living together?” I ask out of curiosity

 

“ Ah, cause we’re cousins …” Sunny answer “….or more like siblings..” Sunny simply answer with smile

 

“Arasseo. So let’s start with our project?..” I told them energetically

 

“OKAY!!!” the two midget answer with the same energy as me

 

 Somehow feel unsatisfied with Jessica still being quiet and acting just like a ghost joining us.

 

So we started creating our report and I’m glad that it didn’t turn out boring, more like opposite I think. We were just laughing and laughing while creating our report. Why? Blame it to both Sunny and Taeyeon! They really are way too funny! They won’t stop telling jokes and funny stories.

 

But what still annoys me is Jessica staying still with no reaction. We didn’t even see her laugh neither smile even Sunny and Taeyeon try hard to give out the funniest jokes. As for me, I laughed easily at all their jokes. Hahaha!!

 

Jessica’s POV

 

We managed to finish our report this day. It’s already evening and it’s my time to leave.

 

“Bye Sooyoung bye Jessica!” Sunny bade us goodbye

“Bye Sunny bye Taeyeon” Sooyoung bade them back

“Bye~” I said while waving my hands slightly

 

Sunny and Taeyeon show us the way to the nearest bus station.

 

 

In the bus, Sooyoung and me are sitting beside each other.

 

“Jessica-ssi”  Sooyoung called me softly. “May I ask why you’re so quiet all the time?”

“…”

“Okay. You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. I understand. “

 

And again the trip is filled with silence.

 

We’re about to separate our ways going to our homes when Sooyoung hold my wrist suddenly.

 

Sica-ssi!”

I-I mean Jessica-ssi. I just want you to know that I want you to be my friend!”

 

I was fluttered by her sudden sentence. I don’t know what to tell her back.

Sooyoung then quickly get out of hold on my wrist and leave.

And me, I was still standing there thinking of Sooyoung’s last sentence before she left.

 

 

When was the last time I heard of that words…