I like her

How to be in love

As I am walking going home, I recall what Yuri and I talked about.

 

 

“Hi there Sooyoung-ssi!”  Yuri comes and sit beside me.

 

“Hello there too!” I responded with a smile.

 

“How come you greet me without saying my name while I said yours. It’s unfair.” She jokes.

 

“Ah I’m sorry Y-Yu--yu----“

 

I’m struggling to recall her name. Seriously what’s the problem with me. Am I this stupid to not know my classmates’ names?  Sooyoung sigh inwardly.

 

“It’s Yuri. How disappointing you don’t know or should I say forget my name. It’s been days you know? Aww. I’m hurt.” She again jokes.

 

“I’m really sorry again Yuri. I don’t know why I find it hard to remember names. I guess it depends on the impression.”

“So I didn-----“ Yuri was interrupted before she was able to finish her sentence.

 

I suddenly look up to Yuri.

“No no! That was not what I meant. It’s not that you don’t have an impression to me. Maybe I am naturally not good at it. Mianhae.”  Sooyoung trying to relent what she said earlier.

 

“Okay. It’s not a big deal for me anyway. I was just joking around Sooyoung-ssi” Yuri showed a big grin.

 

“You seem very nice.” Sooyoung mutters what’s in her mind and Yuri heard it.

 

“So that was your impression on me now? It’s nice to know that I build a nice impression on you.”

“You know… we could be friends” Yuri said while looking at Sooyoung

“ or maybe not” the tanned girl mumbled

 

“huh?” Sooyoung ask for Yuri to repeat her last word for she was not able to hear it clearly.

 

“Ah nothing..”  Yuri smiled

 

“By the way, I have something to say. The reason why I also sit here.”

 

“What is it?” Sooyoung ask with a confuse face

 

What does she want to talk to me? Have I done something wrong. This is the first time we talk and yet she has something to tell me. Cause it looks a little bit serious.

 

“Do you know I like Jessica..” Yuri said while jotting anything important things they professor discuss.

 

 

Yes they we’re chatting while they’re professor is discussing in front.

 

 

“I like her too.” Sooyoung replied before she take a quick glance to Jessica who’s sitting at the corner behind them.

 

Yuri saw Sooyoung glance at Jessica.

 

“How come you know Jessica’s name only? You even know where to look just by mentioning her name?” Yuri thought in her mind.

 

Moreover, she continue to talk with Sooyoung.

 

“Ne? You seriously saying that too me?”

“How much do you like her?”

 

“Maybe as much as you do.. “ Sooyoung answered

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Yes. I like her to be my friend. The same as you.”

 

 

“Ne??? I think you’re misunderstanding this Sooyoung. I like her as in I like her.”

 

“Yes. I knew that. You just told me that earlier.”

 

“By the way I say “I like her” it means I like her, I like her to be my girlfriend.”

 

“I want her to be my girl-friend too. Since she’s a “girl” and I want her to be my “friend” therefore she’s a girl-friend.”

 

“Aish Sooyoung. Are you serious with that or you’re just fooling around? Why you’re so slow? Now, I wonder how did you get in this university with that. Not to mention in one of the top universities within the country.”

 

“I’m not fooling around. You’re the one. You want her to be your girlfriend? Hello, she’s a girl and you’re also a girl, remember? I was just going with your joke.”

 

“ I am not joking around soo. I mean it. I want her to be mine, to be my girlfriend.” Yuri said with a serious face.

 

“Yeah.” Sooyoung answered sarcastically.

 

 

Yuri still having a serious look on her face.

 

 

WHAT?!!” Sooyoung just said that out loud enough to catch the attention of everyone in the classroom and disturb the class.

 

 

Sooyoung apologizes to the man in front with a face full of embarrassment. She then sits down and continue her talk with Yuri.

 

“Ah, how embarrassing~ Could you please talk to me later after class if you wouldn’t mind.” Sooyoung said nicely to the tanned girl sitting beside her.

 

 

Hah. It’s not my fault if you’re exaggerating too much. You didn’t have to react like that. I didn’t said anything wrong.” The tanned girl slightly chuckled.

 

 

“You’re really serious with that? Ah I can’t believe this. She’s a “she” and you’re a “she” too. How could that even be possible.” Sooyoung left a sarcastic laugh out of confusion.

 

 

“Ah. I see.”

 

“I see you’re new to things like this. How funny~. Well from now on, you’ll know more”  the tanned girl then again left a soft chuckled.

 

 

 

After that, we stop chatting and focus on the class and also wait for the class to end.

 

 

Right after the class ends, we go back to our unfinished conversation we had earlier.

 

 

Sooyoung talked first.

“Sorry for exaggerating earlier. I was just surprised. I didn’t expect to hear that. Sure, I have heard things like this before but you know honestly, it’s my first time to hear it personally. And I’m not familiar with it since I never encountered things like this before in highschool. Back then was just normal relationships, “boy and girl” not “girl and girl”  “

 

“But by the way, may I ask why do you need to tell me that you like Jessica?”

 

“Nothing really. Just telling it while it’s still early. I don’t want anyone to get in my way capturing Jessica’s heart.”

 

“Sounds like a warning huh? Then you’re not just this to me right?”

 

 

“Actually, no. I only planned to tell it to you.”

 

 

“But why me? It’s not like I will get Jessica away from you. I haven’t even talk to her at least one.”

 

 

“I don’t know either. I just feel telling that to you.”

 

 

“And by the way, about the “girl and girl” thing you are explaining earlier. You cannot avoid it now you’re in college… After all, this is an All-girls University.”

 

Then Yuri took her leave.

 

 

“It took me seconds to get in mind what just  Yuri said.”

 

“All-girls university”

 

“All-girls university”

 

 

 

--------------------------

Hi there readers! It’s writer Mmooyoungie. ^^

 So how’s reading a 1000-word  chapter? I hope you do not find this chapter boring. I just found Sooyoung’s attitude in here funny. Hehe

 

And by the way, do you believe that it’s an All-girls University? Does that even exists? XD

 

 

P.S. Sorry if I put a "genderbender" tag. I know I should use "his/him" as the personal pronoun. that's what I plan but I guess not anymore and I was just about to remove the "genderbender" tag anyway. Sorry for that. But thank you for the correction anyway. :)