Orange

☙Blue World❧

The air got caught in my throat when I saw the lithe body in front of me. Skinny figure kneeling and shaking like a leaf. His long fingers were holding his face and covering his monochrome but beautiful eyes. I got really scared seeing the blonde like that. Did they do something to him? To his eyes?

“Donghae?” Hyukjae´s voice broke.

“Yeah, that´s me. You okay, Hyukjae?” I kneeled in front of him and put my hands on his shoulders.

“Oh, thank God,” Hyukjae sighed in relief and his palms uncovered his face. His eyes stayed closed tightly but apart from many tears, his face looked clean and uninjured. The hands that were now free suddenly approached me. Hyukjae touched my face and when he found my shades he quickly pulled them out. I didn´t protest because I was very confused at the moment and let him do whatever may relieve his pain. The blonde put the shades on and covered the teary eyes.

“That´s much better,” Hyukjae whispered and finally a small smile crept on his face.

“What´s going on?” I asked once the atmosphere got better.

“When I fell during PE, I lost one of my contact lenses. I waited for others to go away and then I wanted to find it but it was too bright indeed and I couldn´t even open my eyes. I´m so glad you always have those ugly glasses with you. At least I can see something,” Hyukjae didn´t forget to insult me. Yes, he was feeling much better already.

Now everything was making sense to me. I remember reading an article about monochromacy and that the people usually wear shades because they are much more sensitive to the intensive light. When I met Hyukjae near the river he was lying straight under the sun so I was confused. Yeah, he wouldn´t get sunburnt since it was still spring and it wasn´t hot like today, but what about his eyes? I wondered how could he face all that light? But I found an article that there are contact lenses that are tinted so the brightness doesn´t stop person from living a normal life. Hyukjae confirmed this hypothesis of mine later too.

But now the precious tinted lens was lost. I started looking around the place Hyukjae showed me but it didn´t seem possible to find the small object in the huge gym. I sighed and turned to the skinny guy crouched on the ground trying to find invisible lens with dark glasses on. Nonsense.

“Doesn´t look well. I don´t think it´s possible to find it,” I told Hyukjae who gave me a pitiful look. Or at least I think because I couldn´t read his expression well under those shades. Is this how he feels with me too, when I wear them? “Keep my glasses and let´s go, the bell rings soon and you haven´t even eaten yet,” I ordered standing up.

“Really? Can I keep them?” Hyukjae looked surprised and confused that I was giving him my precious item.

“Of course, it´s not like I can´t see without them or anything,” I felt bad when he thought of me even under these circumstances.

“Thank you, Donghae,” Hyukjae whispered and joined me on the way out of the gym. It felt strange seeing him so vulnerable. The blonde was usually the one fighting for both of us and cheering me on. Now I realised that even Lee Hyukjae might be sometimes tired and in need. I should take better care of him in the future.

Hyukjae didn´t return to the classes that day. He went right home and I understood it well. The bad news was that I would be left alone at school without my shades and their visual protection from bullies. It´s no surprise I ended up in a fight that afternoon with a few guys from Heechul´s gang. I found out another thing though. Apparently no one from the ginka´s men would pick a fight with me when Hyukjae was at school and the redhead himself would never come straight to me even if Hyukjae wasn´t present. But now the blonde was at home and Heechul stayed inside the building so his lapdogs were free to roam around the schoolyard. And thus I went home slightly battered. Surely not as much as those thugs though, hehe.

___________

The next day I went to school in new glasses. While being close to the blonde I learnt to have more than one spare shades stored at home so it didn´t matter that he took mine yesterday. I expected to meet Hyukjae in the classroom when I arrived but he still wasn´t there. Maybe he´s late. I didn´t worry too much because I got a call in the evening from Hyukjae, saying that he was fine and that he would return my glasses today. I pretended to not care but inwardly I felt relieved.

Five minutes after the class had started Hyukjae finally arrived. But he wasn´t the only one late! After him entered one of the girls, popular and beautiful Nicole. It´s just a coincidence, right? I would let it go, if I didn´t see Nicole wink at Hyukjae who nodded discreetly in return. What the hell?! Is that bastard dating behind my back? Oh, no no no! I know what you are thinking! Don´t take it wrong, it´s not like I am jealous or something or that I wouldn´t wish Hyukjae a happy relationship but he could have told me, don´t you think? We´re friends. I´ll definitely ask him during lunch break.

“Don´t you have something to tell me?” As planned, I asked Hyukjae over the meal. The Casanova seemed confused for a second. I got you!

“Ah! You´re right,” Hyukjae suddenly exclaimed a bent down to fish something out of his backpack, “here, and thank you for your help yesterday.” He handed me my shades. Damn, that´s not what I wanted to hear!

“Yeah, no problem,” I smiled, “why were you late today?” I tried again but this time it seemed to work better. Hyukjae shifted on his chair and looked away.

“Nothing much, I just overslept,” Hyukjae simply shrugged. Aigoo, can´t you be any more secretive?!

“I see,” let´s try something, “I heard that Nicole has some troubles on her way to school. Didn´t you see it, if you were also late?” If Hyukjae lies than I can too!

“Eh? N-Nicole had?” My friend panicked even so slightly but I didn´t miss to notice that little reaction. “What happened to her?” He then asked. Smartass, what am I supposed to say to this? I was lying.

“I don´t know, I just overheard something. You know that people don´t talk to me very much,” I played it safe.

“It can´t be helped when you´re so grumpy all the time,” Hyukjae was back to himself and merrily having fun insulting me. Seeing him laugh again made me drop the subject and enjoy my time with my only friend.

“What can I do? If I was handsome, athletic and on top of that had a perfect personality, it wouldn´t be fair for you others,” I returned and the blonde laughed heartily.

“I think I should hit you now,” he added but it would be impossible for him while laughing because he couldn´t see me at all. His almond eyes got completely lost in those cute wrinkles, on the other hand his white teeth we all visible accompanied by pink with gums. But our sweet moment got interrupted by the sole reason I got annoyed a while ago.

“Hyukjaee,” a girly voice echoed in the empty classroom before a petite body jumped over my blonde friend. “Didn´t I tell you to meet me during the lunch? You promised to sit with me!”

Hyukjae frowned and untangled Nicole´s arms that were wrapped around his body. “I´m pretty sure, I didn´t promise you anything. Especially not eating my lunch with you,” his tone was deep but cold. I didn´t understand the atmosphere at all. Weren´t they going out? Even I expected Hyukjae to skip our lunchtime for his new girlfriend.

You see, Nicole isn´t just an ordinary girl. The guys from our class call her ´Princess´ because she is the most beautiful girl at school. She always smiles and talks to everyone, except to me of course. She is fun, competitive and very good at sports. Her studies aren´t that great, which is mostly because she´s from abroad but still she managed to become the class president. She´s pretty much perfect and very popular even outside the class. That´s why I would have never guessed that Hyukjae could not be content with her. There´s no better girlfriend than her.

“I told you in the morning!” She put her hands on her hips and eyed Hyukjae.

“And I heard you,” the blonde answered rudely, “but I rather eat my lunch with Donghae.” He sounded so casual and it made me happy. The princess got pushed away for someone like me? Unbelievable Lee Hyukjae.

“I warned you, didn´t I?” Nicole suddenly said. Warned him? What´s going on?

“And I said there was nothing. I don´t care what you saw and what you think, Nicole,” Hyukjae didn´t waver and spoke up with that calm and cold voice. But something is fishy there and it´s not me. From what I see, she might want to expose Hyukjae´s secret. Although it might not be it since Hyukjae is very careful and it´s not easy to find out about his eyes. They aren´t pastel blue like mine.

“Don´t you get it? I already know your secret!” Nicole then dropped the bomb. I looked at Hyukjae who only smirked. She was bluffing. It´s time for me to end this conversation. I don´t like the fact that Hyukjae didn´t even manage to open his milk yet.

“Hyukjae has no secrets apart from the huge collection of , so would you mind packing your four limbs and going away? I would like to finish my lunch in peace.” I stood up and gestured her to get out of here. Hyukjae snorted and of course didn´t do anything to stop Nicole from leaving the room in a total rage. I´m afraid we just made some enemies.

“And now you tell me, what´s going on,” I sat down and huffed. I even put down my shades so the blonde could tell that I was serious.

“Okay, I get it!” Hyukjae sighed and finally opened the box of milk. “She saw us in the gym yesterday and got suspicious. I didn´t look very well back there and then I even took your glasses which gave her some ideas,” Hyukjae interrupted his speech to take a few gulps from the lactose filled drink. “I told her that I hurt myself and cried a lot. You found me and gave me your glasses because my eyes were red. But she insisted that there was something more to it and that if I don´t do whatever she says, the secret would be revealed.”

“But you knew she was bluffing and ignored her, right? What´s her problem?” I didn´t understand why would someone so popular like her needed to blackmail Hyukjae.

“Yeah,” the blonde finished his drink in one shot. “If I knew her favourite colour, I would have a better idea.”

“I´ll help you. It seems like we´re in it together anyway,” I said and Hyukjae smiled.

“Thank you, Donghae. But there is one more thing,” he turned serious and I gulped, “why the hell did you tell her about my collection of !”

“Isn´t that true?” I played confused.

“It is! But it was a secret!” Hyukjae patted his chest angrily. His eyes were wide and it was cute.

“Well, oops?” I laughed and without waiting for anything sprinted out of the classroom.

“Lee Donghae!” Hyukjae roared and before I knew it, he was already chasing me. His face was red either from anger or embarrassment I didn´t know but it would be the best to not find out.

In the end I was stopped way too soon in the library and forced to buy Hyukjae a dessert in the café this week. What was funny though, was the fact that others got this idea that the blonde joined them in bullying me. When I realised this I almost cried from amusement. It was me who bullied Hyukjae but in the end I became the victim in their eyes. My friend gained more fans which was good because I tried my best to not get in the way of his social life. Because Lee Hyukjae himself didn´t care at all, he just wanted his dessert.

And as I promised, on Friday afternoon I came to the small cosy café and sat on my favourite table. Hyukjae welcomed me as always with a huge smile on his face. His white hair were this time secured with a ribbon in a cute apple hairstyle so they wouldn´t fall over his eyes. It looked funny but somehow it suited him.

“I would like an ice-tea, chocolate muffin and you choose your cake,” I told Hyukjae whose smile got even wider. If he continues like this, he will rip that mouth one day or kiss his own ear with those lips at least.

“Got it!” The blonde chirped and in a second was in the kitchen.

After a short while I saw Shindong, Hyukjae´s boss, take a place behind the counter. He waved at me and I knew, he gave my friend a short break so he could eat the cake with me. Hyukjae´s boss is the best.

“Here´s your order,” Hyukaje placed it in front of me, “and here´s mine,” he then added and sat behind the biggest piece of strawberry cake I´ve ever seen. “Thank you, Donghae!” The blonde announced and dug into that enormous sweet. I wonder when the boy will grow up, surely not later than me. I smiled for myself.

We ate and chatted for a bit before Hyukjae went back to his job. I waited for him to finish his shift so we could go to the movies. Another reason I waited was a small talk I needed to have with Hyukjae about the prize of his huge piece of cake. Apparently those were three pieces which the bastard didn´t bother to slice. It was better to argue on the street and not in front Shindong. I could end up paying for the whole cake.

“You didn´t tell me how much I can spend on the cake so it´s your own fault,” Hyukjae of course was already prepared for the argument.

“But I promised you only a piece of cake, not three!” I almost didn´t avoid a lamp-post while walking on the street.

“It was one piece, there was no cut!” Hyukjae defended.

“But!” I wailed and stopped to put on the biggest pout I could manage. Hyukjae turned to look at me and I used this chance to put down my shades and give him some puppy eyes.

“Fine, I´m buying popcorn and snacks today,” Hyukjae gave up. Yes! That expression always works on him.

We entered the shopping mall and went to check some shops before we go up to the cinema. As always Hyukjae went looking for black and white clothes, his inner fashionista awaking. He was totally roaming around and I finally understood why he needed to have a part-time job at least four days a week.

The outfit Hyukjae picked for himself was worth the money though. He had huge black top without sleeves which carelessly allowed anyone to sneak a peek at Hyukjae´s bare torso since it was cut very low on the sides. It was such a big piece of clothing that covered absolutely nothing. Incredible, don´t you think? His thin legs were hugged very tightly by white jeans and even though I´m a guy I had to admit, that his backside looked fabulous although in real life it has no meat at all. Another miracle I would say. Hyukjae´s forehands, fingers and neck were thoughtfully decorated with silver accessories and every single one of them looked totally cool. I was trying hard to use good words while answering Hyukjae if it suited him. You look absolutely hot or oh my god could be very awkward answers. I played it safe with you look good in anything. Wait, that also doesn´t sound alright between two guys! Ugh.

I decided to change the pace and went to pick something for myself too. I felt slightly embarrassed too next to my stylish friend. But I decided to choose something that´s colourful so we wouldn´t look together like a black and white movie. I chose a shirt that went well with my jeans and especially the aviators that Hyukjae bought for me for my birthday. I had to admit that they were my favourites since then. I went to try the shirt on and it didn´t look too bad.

“Hyukjae, what do you think?” I called him from the cabin. And Hyukjae opened the curtain to check.

“I´m really sorry, Donghae,” he looked sad, “I don´t really know which colour you have on but it fits you well.” Damn, I messed up. Of course he can´t tell when he´s colour-blind! Stupid Donghae. I wanted to tell him that it was okay when someone beat me to it.

“It´s my favourite,” startled we both turned around, “it´s orange, Hyukjae.” Nicole smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Orange is warm, optimistic, extroverted and often flamboyant. While orange is charming and sociable it do tends to be a show-off. Orange needs people around - being alone for too long makes orange depressed and then allow negativity to engulf it. Orange is a free spirit who doesn't like to be tied down - not always loyal in relationships and finds it difficult to commit.Orange full of life, always on the go, determined and competitive, always looking for new challenges - and this can lead to restlessness and impatience with others who do not have this need.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay! Finally the semester has ended and I´m free (almost)!!! :D Thank you very much for all those beautiful comments. I´ll do my best, I swear! :) Thank you for reading and I hope you like this chapter! - PandaHero