White

☙Blue World❧

Complete silence, so unusual for busy morning before classes start, enveloped the hallway. Most of the students, if not all, stopped to watch the scene. Not every day you see your schools´ ginka standing dumbfounded in front of a skinny blonde with an innocent smile on his lips. I was afraid to even inhale and wake the redhead from his frozen state. I didn´t want him to lash out on Hyukjae. And since when do I care for that weirdo anyway? Since the beginning I guess.

“Hyung, you look pale today. Did you sleep well?” As always unaffected by the situation Hyukjae said.

I was preparing to fight my way through if Heechul decided to hit the blonde and clutched the shades in my hand. But instead of getting angry Kim Heechul only laughed. He was laughing so hard that he had to hold onto Hyukjae´s shoulder so he wouldn´t roll on the ground. When he regained his breathing he finally looked at the smiling blonde.

“Yeah, I didn´t sleep well but now I feel much better,” he wiped his tears.

“I´m glad,” Hyukjae beamed, “I have to go, we have test on the first period.” The blonde then slightly bowed to Heechul and shot me a smile. I wanted to return the smile but he was already gone before I managed to put it on.

Without Hyukjae around the redhead lost interest in me. It seems like the blonde is much more fun than bullying me. Heechul and his gang followed Hyukjae´s example and went to their respective classes. Of course they didn´t forget to bump into me and give me some nasty glares before they left. I didn´t care anymore because I was happy that I chose to accept Lee Hyukjae´s friendship. The new student was even more useful than I thought. I decided to ignore the annoying fact that I actually enjoyed his presence. I was basking in my regained freedom until I realised something horrible. Did Hyukjae just say we had a test on the first period?!

__________________

“Ugh, I totally failed!” I huffed and put my head on the table.

“Yeah, I can´t believe it. You even cheated so much and still failed,” Hyukjae chuckled and sipped from his ice choco.

We were seated in the small café I found during the rainy day. Hyukjae had still some time left before his shift starts and so we decided to sit down and have some cold drink. The weather outside was even hotter than at the weekend and I dreaded some ice-cream after the fiasco with the English test this morning.

“If I knew you were so bad, I would have helped you,” Hyukjae continued to make fun of me and I was slowly losing my patience. It true he saved me today but that was hours ago. I owe him nothing.

“It´s not like you´re much smarter than me,” I snorted. The blonde smirked and pulled his own test out of his bag. Ninety percent clean. Feeling embarrassed I quietly continued digging into my ice-cream.

“But really, I mean it. If you want me to help you with something just say and I´ll do it,” Hyukjae said seriously and I nodded. I couldn´t look him in the eyes.

“Hyuk, it´s time! Your date is over!” A big guy yelled from the counter. I widened my eyes and glanced at Hyukjae who was already on his way to the kitchen. A date?! Do we look like a couple? But we are guys and it´s not like we were holding hands or anything. We were just talking casually.

“Aw and we were about to kiss too, Shindong hyung!” The stupid blonde yelled back. All eyes were on us all of a sudden. Hyukjae turned to me and mouthed ´joking´. In a second he was gone and I was left there blushing like a tomato. Saying something like this in front of all those people, idiot.

Although I was annoyed I decided to stay in the café. I didn´t have anything better to do anyway and going home to show off my marks from English didn´t sound very appealing either. I put on my headphones and leaned against the cold glass of the window. I was relaxing, sometimes watching Hyukjae work.

The blond had still his school uniform on, taking off only his blazer and cravat. He wore black apron around his slim hips and white headband in his hair which would definitely fall over his eyes if he didn´t wear it. Hyukjae was working mostly as a waiter but sometimes he would go around the counter and prepare the drinks himself. The café wasn´t that big so just one waiter was enough.

It was when my friend came to exchange the empty bowl from ice-cream for an ice-tea, that a newcomer entered the café. It was unfortunate because Hyukjae wanted to use this chance to chat for a bit. Instead he had to attend to the slim but surely muscular man who just came. The man sat on the table right next to mine and the blonde hurried to ask for his order. The guy ordered a take-out sandwich and drink because he was probably on a late lunch break. But when Hyukjae turned around in the direction of the kitchen he was stopped by the customer.

“One more thing! I know you have green and red bags for the take-out,” the male smiled charmingly and one handsome dimple appeared on his cheek, “if you would like to go out with me, please put it in the green one, but if you don´t want to meet me again, please put it in the red bag.” Hyukjae blinked once, twice, thrice and then blushed deeply red. The man chuckled and Hyukjae bit his plum lip, in a second he was back behind the counter.

What the hell just happened?! The guy was openly flirting with Hyukjae! No, he just bluntly asked him out. A strange feeling bubbled in the pit of my stomach and I took a big sip of my ice-tea. It´s not like I´ve never been asked out myself. It´s the opposite actually. If I have my shades on or closed eyes, girls stand lines just to take a look at me. I´m not joking, don´t laugh! Anyway, why does it have to be a guy asking Hyukjae out? And even if he looks young, he must definitely be an adult already. He totally looks like a businessman too. I gulped in anticipation when I heard Hyukjae coming back. Both, me and the gentleman beside craned our necks to see whether he chose green or red bag but both of us were disappointed to see that the playful blonde hid it behind his back.

“What is your favourite colour, Mr?” Hyukjae asked the first thing when he arrived. Here go the colours again. Wait, colours?! How can Hyukjae choose from green or red when he sees only grey? No, that´s wrong question. Why does he want to know this stranger´s favourite colour? Is he really interested? C´mon pull that bag already! My mind was clouded and my heart beating fast.

"Um, white," Mr. Dimple said curiously.

“I thought so,” Hyukjae smiled knowingly and pulled a bag from behind his back. The gentleman´s jaw dropped. The bag was white. “Lots of things had changed since the café reopened two weeks ago,” he added with a chuckle. I couldn´t help but snort what won me a nasty look from the gentleman and a hiss from Hyukjae.

“Well, then I´ll have to come again,” the man smiled again and stood up with the package in his hand. Before the door closed behind him the gentlemen called at Hyukjae: “Instead of mister call me Leeteuk next time!” And after laughing at his own embarrassment he finally left the café. I sighed in relief.

I turned back to Hyukjae who was still standing frozen in the same place with a stupid smile plastered on his face. I frowned and loudly cleared my throat. The blonde jerked and looked at me: “What?”

“He´s too old and you´re still a minor,” I deadpanned.

“Love knows no boundaries, Donghae,” Hyukjae said and leaned closer to me to take the empty bottle from my table. I grabbed his apron and halted his movement.

“What do you mean? You fell for that stranger or what?” I raised my voice at him.

“It isn´t a stranger anymore, it´s Leeteuk,” Hyukjae straightened up and released himself from my hold, “and I never said I fell for him. And even if I did, you have no say in this matter, Donghae.” His tone was so cold that I almost shivered. Did I say something I shouldn´t have said?

Hyukjae returned back to the counter and continued with his work. I was left bitter at my table with my headphones hanging around my neck. I didn´t know the blonde for too long but I´ve already seen various expressions on his face which were manly very hard to understand. I wasn´t really used to interaction with people and my social skills were pretty awful but Hyukjae´s behaviour was confusing even for others so how was I supposed to keep up?

I sighed and stood up. Hyukjae was busy and I had to go home and show my mom the unlucky test. I waved at my friend behind the counter and he waved back. His smile didn´t reach his eyes though and that made me feel guilty for some reason. I took my stuff and leaving money on the table I left the café. I´ll think of a way to repair our relationship tomorrow.

_________________________

I was waiting in front of the school gates on Tuesday morning. I was awkwardly clutching a box of strawberry milk in my hand. Instead of an apology I wanted to give Hyukjae the chocolate milk I saw him often drinking for lunch but they didn´t have it in the shop so I had to buy strawberry flavoured one. I didn´t want to interact with him at school because I´m still me, the troublesome outcast so I decided to wait for him here.

It was almost time for the bell to ring when a white Audi stopped in front of the gates. Curious students of course ceased to find out, who is the lucky teacher that gets to be driven to school in such a fine car. To everyone´s surprise it was Lee Hyukjae who climbed off of the passenger seat. Once he was out on the pavement he waved to the mysterious driver hidden beneath the darkened glass. With a low vroom the car left the place and I suddenly didn´t know how to approach the blonde that became the centre of attention again. I quietly turned around and started walking towards the school again.

“Donghae!” Hyukjae suddenly called for me probably just to give everyone another shock this morning. I could almost hear the thoughts of the kids around. Since when was Lee Hyukjae talking to the ´weird eyes´? I was too afraid to turn back. “Yah! Wait, Donghae!” The blonde yelled again and in a few moments was standing next to me. “Morning,” he breathed when he managed to catch me. I hummed in response.

“Were you waiting for me?” Hyukjae then asked bluntly. What is he, a psychic?

“Doesn´t matter. Do you always ride to school?” I couldn´t hold back my evident curiosity. We started walking slowly.

“Of course not, it was special today. When I was standing on the bus stop a car stopped in front of me. It was Leeteuk, do you remember him?” I had to scowl at that. “He offered me a ride but because of that I couldn´t stop by a shop to buy a drink,” Hyukjae pouted. I spitefully hid the pink box behind my back. The blonde didn´t deserve the milk when so shamelessly flirting with that man!

“Why are you complaining when you spent a time with your wooer?” I didn´t manage to hide the annoyance in my tone. So what, it´s not like Hyukjae cares for my opinion.

“Stop doing that face, Donghae. I know you don´t like him, that´s also the reason I agreed to be taken to school by him,” Hyukjae sounded offended and it made me even angrier. Because I don´t like him, he´s going to go out with him? What the hell?

All of a sudden Hyukjae slapped the back of my head. I stumbled after the strong hit and looked up at Hyukjae hurt. But then I froze. The look in his eyes was totally devasting. Hyukjae tried to be angry on the outside but his eyes showed nothing else but sadness. I didn´t want to make him cry, I swear!

“I went with Leeteuk to tell him that I´m not interested and that I´m still too young for a relationship on such a level. I don´t understand why you act this way towards me when I did absolutely nothing to you. I´m disappointed, Donghae,” Hyukjae coldly stated and before I could kneel down and beg for forgiveness the blonde was already gone.

I felt as if all blood was out of my body. My only friend was disappointed with me. I felt so horrible and the worst was that I knew Hyukjae was right. He didn´t do anything to me, did he? And I was all grumpy and y. As if something struck me, I started running towards our classroom. Lee Hyukjae was as always surrounded by half of the population of the class. Everyone probably trying to fish out something about the white Audi. I hesitated for a bit in the doors but decided to stop being a coward. I didn´t want to live ashamed of myself and I really wanted to be Hyukjae´s friend.

“Hyukjae!” I called and all my classmates turned to look at me. I walked confidently towards Hyukjae´s desk but I was stopped midway by a tall guy.

“Where do you think you are going? Go crawl back into your corner!” He pointed at my own desk in the back of the room and everyone started laughing. Usually I would either give up or punch him, this time I couldn´t do any of that. I was risking disappointing the blonde even more.

“Fine, I don´t mind crawling,” I said and before the guy could ask me what I meant, I slipped down on the floor. I crawled between the guy´s legs and quickly stood up behind him. With a loud thud I placed the strawberry milk on the desk in front of me. Hyukjae was startled and looked up from his seat to me. I put down my shades and everyone gasped. My friend didn´t waver as always.

“I´m sorry,” I said resolutely looking straight into those almond shaped monochrome eyes.

“Mm,” was Hyukjae´s simple answer before his long fingers wrapped around the pink box, “thanks.”

I sighed in relief, Hyukjae wasn´t angry anymore. I was saved! I smiled and Hyukjae started laughing really hard. I myself didn´t understand why he was so amused but after everyone followed except for the tall guy behind me, I finally understood. I made up with Hyukjae but angered someone else. The humiliated guy bumped into me.

“Hey, toddler! Be prepared because I´ll beat you up very soon!” The tall boy exclaimed and went to sit on his desk. The blond in front of me covered his mouth but I knew he continued laughing. Evil bastard. I put on my glasses and disappeared from the crowd. Attention wasn´t for me after all, I don´t get how can the blonde bear with it every day.

During the lunch I was sitting alone with Hyukjae again. He was the pink milk through the straw and humming to a random melody. He was deep in thoughts and I took this chance to take a closer look at him again.

Hyukjae looks were definitely unique. Porcelain white complexion and red plump lip together with his elegant and lean figure could be envied by every girl. But his sharp bones and expressive strong eyes gave him that incredible manly feel which most of the bulky guys couldn´t even rival. Hyukjae´s personality was even more complex. The blonde was unpredictable and spontaneous but every move he made still looked perfectly calculated. Hyukjae was smart but it was impossible to tell from his continuous acting. He seemed untouchable but beneath he was carefree and attractive. And then those mysterious monochrome eyes. I wonder how it is to look at the world without colours. I could never ask.

Hyukjae released the straw and leaned into his palm. “I´m not compatible with white anyway,” he smiled. Was he still thinking about Leeteuk? I wouldn´t ask because I didn´t want to start again on the topic that made me almost lose my friend.

“And which colour are you compatible with then?” I asked casually. But inwardly I hoped it would be blue. He said I was blue right? Hyukjae thought for a bit.

“I´m alright with most of the colours except for example white or black, isn´t that ironic?” He then chuckled. “But I have my own preferences too.”

“This colour theory seems pretty complicated,” I sighed because I didn´t get my answer and I didn´t even understand Hyukaje in the first place. Why does the guy talk about colours all the time when he can´t see them? My blonde friend tried to make it clearer and started explaining.

“For example blue isn´t-,” I didn´t hear the rest of the sentence because the doors of the classroom slammed open.

“I´m here, Toddler! You didn´t think I forgot about your stupid stunt, did you?” My tall classmate stood in the room with a bunch of his friends behind him. I wouldn´t mind fighting him but Hyukjae was next to me and I didn´t know what he would do. I didn´t want him to get into the fight. Even if they wouldn´t hurt him, I didn´t want him to become centre of bullying just because he´s my friend. He should stay away from me at school. I didn´t know how to tell this to the blonde who stood up ready to act.

Just what in the hell was he planning to do now?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

White is the color of new beginnings, wiping the slate clean, so to speak. It is the blank canvas waiting to be written upon. While white isn't stimulating to the senses, it opens the way for the creation of anything the mind can conceive. White contains an equal balance of all the colors of the spectrum, representing both the positive and negative aspects of all colors. Its basic feature is equality, implying fairness and impartiality, neutrality and independence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here´s the next chapter! I hope you like it! I had to use white for this chapter because the photos (the tuxedo during the awards and the shirt in TLJ) of Eunhyuk in white these days are gorgeous :D Thank you for reading - PandaHero