Silver

☙Blue World❧

„Silver?“

„Mm, try to find silver ones, please,” Hyukjae asked standing in a shoe store. “To me it´s like grey but sparkly and since it´s neither black nor white, I can´t really differentiate it from other colours. And I don´t want golden, or sparkly red or whatever, I need silver!” The blonde scanned the shelf looking for some silver shoes.

“Here,” I said and handed him a pair.

“Oh! These are nice!” He exclaimed and hurried to try them on.

You are asking what we are doing in a shoe store I see. Well, Hyukjae promised to finally tell me his favourite colour since he really trusts me and, note this, I´m his boyfriend. But instead of saying anything, he pulled me into this shop this weekend.

“You wear quite a lot of silver stuff; do you always need someone to pick them up for you?”

At that moment the slim blonde raised his head and abandoned his untied shoes. He looked at me meaningfully and smiled widely. Then he nodded his head energetically and I suddenly wondered if this isn´t the reason why we are here.

“Should I feel honoured?” I tried.

“Very much,” Hyukjae answered while tying his shoelaces. A smile was apparent from his tone and I knew I hit the bull´s eye.

“In that case let me help you with putting those sneakers on, Your Majesty,” I joked and kneeled in front of him. I started pulling on the silver hem and glanced up on the blonde. Hyukjae was blushing; it was so bad that I almost wanted to call an ambulance. I chuckled loud enough for him to hear me and a slight pat on my head came as an answer. Cute.

In the end we bought the shoes and went to walk around the park. Hyukjae was still smiling and listening to whatever just came on my mind and whatever I decided to blabber out. It was fun and we were shamelessly holding hands. Some people around shot us nasty glances but neither of us cared. Hyukjae´s hands weren´t shaking anymore and it made me incredibly satisfied because I was one hundred percent sure that it was my doing.

“So silver is it,” I said after a while. I already figured that it must be black, white or grey since those are the only ones he can see but I never thought of silver. When I thought that he can´t get unpredictable in this case, one more time I was proved othervice.

“Yeah,” Hyukjae chuckled.

“Why do you keep it a secret, though? Is it because you can´t pick it up yourself? Or does it have anything to do with that compatibility you were talking about once?” I suddenly remembered the question I was so eager to have answered.

“Pretty much both,” Hyukjae laughed, “it´s true that I would have to tell the person who goes shopping with me about my eyes but you knew that I was blind and still didn´t know my colour.”

“So? Are you compatible with blue?” I couldn´t hold back my eagerness and Hyukjae had to laugh again.

“Silver is compatible with any colour apart from black and white. Silver reflects and mirrors the other colour, it feels like mixing together and since black and white aren´t colours, it can´t be done. And to answer your question, I think I already told you that I like blue loving people. I would really like to have it reflected in me,” Hyukjae smiled and we both blushed.

As always he came up with such a deep meaning to something as casual as favourite colour. On the other hand I was content with his answer and even more with the fact that Leeteuk really doesn´t stand a chance. Hehe.

“Can I ask one more thing?” Hyukjae nodded. “If I picked something colourful, would you use it?”

“No,” the answer came way too fast.

“Why?” I whined and pouted. “Is there some deep meaning again?”

“No, I´m sensitive about fashion and style. I can´t check if it suits me or if it matches my style with my own eyes and I don´t want to go around not knowing. Even if it´s you, nope,” Hyukjae wasn´t going to bargain. Isn´t he too stubborn?

“Mule,” I mumbled.

“I heard it!” Hyukjae gasped and faked anger. “Now I have to punish you!” He added and in a second pulled down my shades and hid them in the pocket of his way too loose pants.

“Not fair!” I pouted as bad as I could.

“Don´t do this to me or I´ll kiss you,” Hyukjae warned. Wait, what?! My puppy eyes should make him melt down, not desire my lips. I better be careful of this beast. I turned away and Hyukjae snorted. He might have regretted because soon I felt him tugging on my fingers. I squeezed his hand tightly to tell him I wasn´t angry. I´m still no good in communication but I´m getting better at signals without words.

We kept walking for some time until we settled on a bench near the main road. The sun was slowly setting and added a few hues of orange and red to Hyukjae´s white hair and skin. The beautiful boy next to me had his eyes closed and I wandered if it was because his monochrome eyes weren´t able to see the same beauty as me. This thought made me slightly sad. Is there any way to show Hyukjae how beautiful colours are? There isn´t, huh.

“Come here,” I muttered and pulled the blonde closer to me. Without opening his eyes Hyukjae leaned his body to the side and naturally put his head on my shoulder. It felt so right that I was surprised how I was ever able to live without it. I started playing with a daring idea that I might have never thought of Hyukjae as a friend. I´m not going as far as saying that I was gay my whole life, but on the other hand I´ve never really thought about it. Thanks to my blue eyes girls never really approached me and I didn´t care, until a certain blonde male showed up.

“Donghae?” Hyukjae spoke and I hummed. “I feel as if I´ve known you my whole life is it strange?” I felt a tug on my heart and then a warm feeling spread through my whole body. I brought his hand between my palms and started playing with his long fingers.

“No, it´s not,” I whispered back. Why something so simple could make this insanely happy? It was unbelievable how fast I grew to like Hyukjae. From the first day, when he appeared in my life and selfishly pulled me into his, until today´s date. Yes, this was definitely a date. This wasn´t just ´going out with Donghae´ anymore.

We went home only after the sun has set and we had a hard time parting. Puppy love, huh. We felt so happy and I was finally looking forward to the next day. Suddenly it seemed that I had a future in this world and I was definite that Hyukjae would be in it. What I didn´t know though was the fact that someone else also wanted Hyukjae in their future life.

_________________________

I´m in a relationship for two weeks already! Lee Donghae has a lover! It´s a guy but amazing one. I even dared to tell it to my mom and hyung and as expected they were happy for me. I didn´t even think of the possibility that they wouldn´t support me. Especially my mom grew very fond of Hyukjae although she met him only once and in the police station. She´s cool you see.

“Donghae, put them down,” Hyukjae groaned gesturing to my feet sprawled on his lap. We were lazing on the concrete banks of the river. Hyukjae was sitting and reading a book laid on my feet and I was talking although I knew he wasn´t listening. We could stay like this for hours and none of us would get tired or annoyed. Or so I thought before I took down my socks.

“They don´t smell so what´s the deal?” I retorted not wanting to lose the comfort.

“That´s what only you think,” the blonde rolled his eyes but didn´t make any effort to shove them down. Hyukjae was like that, lucky me.

“What a coincidence! Just when I was looking for you. Ow, the puppy is here too,” A tall shadow stole away the warm sunlight and I cringed at the familiar voice. Cho Kyuhyun was standing next to me and two of his friends were watching from afar.

“Go away,” I grumbled annoyed and Hyukjae gasped. I won´t let this bastard look down on me, especially not in front of Hyukjae.

“Or what?” Kyuhyun smirked and although it didn´t happen for some time my hot-temper kicked in and I was up on my bare feet and holding the brat under his neck. His two friends laughed and I understood why. The height difference was just too much. Because Kyuhyun´s neck was too high, I didn´t manage to grip him properly and he easily broke free. He gestured his two friends to come join the fun and they started pushing me.

“Donghae!” Hyukjae became alarmed and rushed to my side.

It was one good push and I fell down on my . I got immediately into defence position since I expected them to start kicking me. That surprisingly didn´t happen and I looked up to see why. To my fear Hyukjae was standing in front of me with his arms spread making it impossible for anyone to touch me.

“So the main star is finally on the scene,” Kyuhyun chuckled, “I was getting impatient.”

“What do you want from me, Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae asked in a firm voice. Gone was that submissive dark shadow and back was the protective and confident blonde.

“What do you think, Hyukjae? Of course I want you back!” Kyuhyun was in rage.

“I thought you hated me,” Hyukjae retorted which was definitely the wrong move because in a moment Kyuhyun was horribly close to him and breathing on his face.

“I loved you, Hyukkie. It was you who ran away,” his voice was dangerously dark.

“I couldn´t take it anymore!” Hyukjae suddenly broke into tears and I myself almost started crying too. I hate seeing him sad. “You were too much. I told you to stop calling me names and playing pranks on me but you didn´t hear me out. You were way too cruel, Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae exploded almost spitting into the guy´s face.

“I was the only one by your side when everyone else left you! Wasn´t that enough?” Kyuhyun roared.

“I´d rather be alone than be with you and treated like a nuisance!” Hyukjae cried. So that´s what happened. Kyuhyun was Hyukjae´s boyfriend when everyone bullied Hyukjae for his colour-blindness. But Kyuhyun was a bit insensitive by nature and bullied his boyfriend too. Hyukjae got tired of it and decided to change his school and whole life and when he felt happy again, his ex-boyfriend returned causing more problems. Suddenly I wanted to punch that guy!

“You are a nuisance! You won´t ever become any better,” Kyuhyun pierced his long finger into Hyukjae´s chest and that was the last straw for me. I jerked up and with a firm fist punched the evil being into his face.

Kyuhyun wobbled backwards and held his nose. He let out a string of profanities on my account and screamed. In the mean time I pulled Hyukjae closer to me and put my arm behind his back and on his hip. I wanted to have him close and safe because in this fight Hyukjae held no power over his opponent. He couldn´t play Kyuhyun with black umbrella or strawberry milk and in no way he could use his ´coloured´ tactics. When it comes to fist fights I´m a lot better.

“Fine! If you think that this stinky fish is better than me then-“

“Donghae is the best person I´ve ever met! I love him!” Hyukjae shamelessly interrupted him with a sentence I thought I would never be able to hear from anyone. Love. I was being loved.

“You bastard!” Kyuhyun yelled and jumped on me. His two friends soon joined and I lost Hyukjae in that mess.

Kicks and punches were flying in the air like flies and it didn´t take long until I felt my body ache badly. But it didn´t matter because my mind was filled with a single thought: Where is Hyukjae. After some time which felt like eternity I suddenly recognized my position. Kyuhyun and one of his friends were trying to pull me up but I didn´t really catch their intention because I kept looking around for Hyuk.

“Kyuhyun, no! Don´t, please!” I heard him and turned my head to the left where the skinny blonde was kneeling on the ground and crying. The other friend of Kyuhyun was holding him down and sometimes hitting his head when he cried too loud. Why was Hyukjae pleading again?

And then I finally got it. They were trying to throw me into the water. Into that deep concrete channel! I started to panic thrashing around in an attempt to get away from their hold. But they were two and slightly bigger than me. I was already too weak from the fighting and although I tried my utmost best, it was futile. I felt them swing me twice before I felt myself in the air. My flight was extremely short because I felt my face hit the water surface immediately.

“Donghae!”

I heard Hyukjae cry for the last time. My body was too numb from the beating to be able to fight the strong current of the channel. Am I going to die here? Drown in this dirty city water? At least I was happy. At least I had Hyukjae. What is he going to do without me now? Hyukjae. And then it was dark.

__________________

Although I was almost sure I would die, my luck just had to be this great. With hard time I opened my heavy eyelids to find myself in hospital. I could recognise it right away with the scorching whiteness and annoying beeping of the breathing machine next to me. But there was one more sound in the room and still dizzy I had a hard time distinguishing it.

“I´m so sorry! Please, forgive me!” Hyukjae?

“Hush, it wasn´t your fault. See Donghae is waking up already,” the voice that surely belonged to my mom said.

“Donghae! Oh my God!” Hyukjae cried again and I felt a movement next to me. My left hand was pushed between two cold palms and a pair of lips landed on the tips of my fingers. I sighed.

Blinking away the drowsiness I turned my head slightly to lock my hazy gaze with a distressed one. “Hello, beautiful,” I said. I knew I was being cheesy but right now he couldn´t hit me for it.

“D-Donghae,” the red-eyed blonde sniffled, “I´m so sorry, I can´t believe what they did to you. Please, tell me you are all right. I w-was so scared and I couldn´t pull you out! And-and I missed you,” Hyukjae was tripping over his own words horribly failing to let his message through. My heart clenched seeing him this scared.

“Mom?” I called weakly and I saw her approach. “Could you translate it for me?” I croaked out, my neck still sore.

“When they threw you to the water, Hyukjae jumped after you but you were too heavy for him so he almost didn´t manage to pull you out. He also feels extremely guilty for everything and I can´t stop him from apologising,” my mom was so kind to put Hyukjae´s rumbling mixed with crying and sniffling into full sentences.

So it was Hyukjae who saved me? Just when I hoped I would become the hero. It can´t be helped, the blonde is always a few steps further than me. I glanced again at my boyfriend. Hyukjae looked exhausted and his arms and face were covered with bands and bandages. His cheeks and banks were damp from crying and his black and white clothes ruined. He was watching me with the saddest face ever and so I gestured him to climb on my bed. Hyukjae hesitated and my mom probably saw that.

“I´m glad you are awake and fine. The doctor said to rest for today and if you feel well tomorrow you can leave. I have to go home so I´m leaving Donghae in your care, Hyukkie,” she smiled and after pecking my cheek left the hospital room.

Hyukjae was still standing awkwardly next to me clutching my hand. “C´mon, Hyuk. I don´t want to sleep here alone,” I said and smiled in reassurance. Hyukjae finally nodded and climbed on the bed. He took off his silver shoes that somehow survived the day, I was amazed. And with extreme carefulness he laid down next to me.

“Now, what´s with that face, huh? I´m fine so stop crying already or there will be no water left in you,” I shifted on my side to face him and started pushing away the wet banks from his face.

“Donghae,” he whispered with voice as croaky as mine, “what do I do? You got hurt so much because of me.”

“It wasn´t your fault, Hyuk. You too got into some fights just because of my eyes; I could never blame you for what happened today. It was Kyuhyun who started the fight,” I was trying to calm him down.

“Donghae? I did something without asking you,” Hyukjae aborted the eye contact, “Kyuhyun came to apologise, he did it in anger and he didn´t really mean it. He had some issues going on and somehow ended up taking them on us. He asked for forgiveness and I kinda forgave him,” he glanced at me and back down, “he isn´t such a bad guy, he had it tough too and now he´s gone. He went away and promised to never ever come back. I didn´t want him to end up in prison when truly he was by my side once. Are you angry?” Hyukjae was biting his lip hard and I got worried he might make it bleed so I quickly spoke up.

“I wasn´t angry at him for what he did to me in the first place. I just hated the way he treated you. If he´s gone and won´t ever bother you again, I have nothing to say to it,” I brushed my thumb over his lower lip ts he would stop chewing on it.

“So you aren´t angry at me?” He raised his eyes again and our faces were so close that our noses brushed against each other.

“I am,” I said sternly. Hyukjae´s eyes widened and he looked he would cry soon. “I´m angry because you said it first,” I finished.

“Said what?” Hyukjae was confused.

I pouted and then watched amused how Hyukjae´s eyes naturally landed on my lips. After a few silent seconds of watching my pout Hyukjae couldn´t take it anymore and snuggled closer. A few inches from my lips he hesitated again so I just closed the distance and kissed him. I those plump red lips and kissed them with all my might. I missed him so much too.

When I pulled back I got a beautiful sight of my blonde Hyukjae lying next to me all dazed. His tears were gone and the redness from crying was exchanged for the one from blushing. When his breathing was back to normal he whispered again: “Said what?”

“I love you,” I answered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Silver is gracious, gentle and non-aggressive with strong values and morals. Silver tends to be introspective, often preoccupied with its own world. In a search for meaning and fulfilment it sometimes isolate itrself from others as it reflects and ponder on the deeper questions of life. If living positively, wisdom, self-control and sense of responsibility, will usually assist  to make good decisions fairly quickly. Silver with a combination of good looks, talent and personality many would deem you to have luck on your side.

 

 

 

 

 

-THE END-

 

 

 

 

So this was the last chapter!!! Did you like it? I wanted to put more action in it but whenever I feel trubled and sad I end up writing something overly sweet. Good it´s EunHae cause they are always sweet so it doesn´t matter too much. Also Donghae really gave Hyukjae ´Blue´ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FEsdx_KitM Anyway I´m sorry it ended so fast. I have an idea for another story so please check it out too.http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/770664/ :) I would like to thank all the readers and those who commented and upvoted, I feel honoured. Thank you again very much!!!! I love ouy - PandaHero