Because you are my man

Blind Love ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝ Look right here, I love you, fool...❞

Jieun sighs as she carefully pushes Kiara's stroller and her bags out of the arrival door. It is a little hectic for her to manage both Kiara and her bags but Jieun already learnt to be more independent as she raise Kiara alone in New York. 

Stopping at the cafe near the arrival hall, Jieun peek over at her little angel and sigh in relief when she sees that Kiara is still deep in her sleep. The 6 months old is always sleeping and rarely cranky which is a good thing for the young mother as at times Jieun can be really busy with work. Jieun sits by herself as she watch people around her moves to different directions. Some of them are going towards the arrival hall to pick their love ones and some are even walking towards the departure hall - may be leaving the country for good. 

"Welcome back to Seoul," the now jet-black haired girl whispers softly to herself as a small smile tugs at the corner of her lips.

A year ago, Jieun leaves Seoul to pick her shattered heart by herself. A year ago, she leaves her country to keep the biggest secret away from her family. Now, Jieun is finally back. She is back for her best friend - Sung Jong - wedding. Taking a deep breathe, Jieun look around her before sighing once more. Jieun slowly makes her way to the taxi stand as she continues to look for Sung Jong. 

"Where are you going, agasshi?" The old cab driver speaks as soon as Jieun enters the cab with Kiara.

Jieun smiles at the familiar language that she has always missed, "Hyatt Hotel please."

The man nods his head before starting to make his way out of the airport. Kiara's little moans distracts Jieun as she whispers sweet nothings in the baby's ears to lull her back to sleep. From the corner of his eyes, the cab driver smiles at Jieun's sweet gestures towards her daughter.

"You are a very young mother, how old are you?" He opens a topic as Jieun smiles back politely.

She does get that remark frequent even when she is in New York. 

She adjusts Kiara's position in her lap, "I'm 21 this year, ahjusshi." Jieun replies politely before gently bouncing the hyped Kiara on her lap. 

The little one seems to be dazzle by the new sight. Her deep crescent eyes open wide as she stares at the surrounding outside the cab. Her little fingers curled against Jieun's baby blue blouse - somehow in nervousness. Kiara's tiny lips potrudes out as she gurgles at every single thing that the cab passes by. Jieun cannot help but to smile at her daughter's hypeness.

"Is your husband working here? Are you visiting him?" The curious man asks again.

Jieun quietly nods her head in a lie, "Yes, I am visiting my husband here." She replies as the man nods his head in understanding before letting Kiara's gurgles and coos lit the silent cab.

As soon as the cab stops at the lobby of the Hyatt Hotel, Jieun carries Kiara out of the cab while the driver helps her with the luggages and also Kiara's stroller. Jieun thanked the man before following the bellboy into the grand hotel's lobby. She checks in quickly before settling in her hotel room. Without wasting her time, Jieun quickly cleans Kiara and changes her into her pyjamas as it is already late at night before putting the young girl to sleep. 

Jieun stares at the Seoul's skyline as a tears forms in her eyes. She misses the view of the city so much. The place where she grew up can be seen as an outline against the shimmering city lights. Jieun takes a deep breathe as she walks back to the bed where Kiara is sleeping peacefully. Jieun softly holds the little girl's hand in hers as her tears silently betrays her.

"Kiara-ah, should Omma tell Appa?" She whispers softly to the sleeping baby before chuckling to herself, "But then, he will say it is my fault for not pushing him away that night too." 

Turning to Kiara, Jieun her head gently, "Mian baby. Omma promised Appa to forget whatever that happens that night. But Omma never knew because of that night, you will be seeing the world. Even though Omma have to hide away from your Appa, I never regret having you. Sweet dreams my princess..." 

Jieun sigh as her memories flies back to the fateful day a year ago. 

3 months before Riann and Myungsoo's wedding

Jieun bobs her head to the rhythem of the hyped music. She let herself drowns in the music as her mind wanders to the dinner two days ago that her family had with Myungsoo's family. Nobody can tell how much it hurts her heart to see Myungsoo proposing to Riann. The young lady can only let alcohol take over her system as she drowns her sadness with alcohol. 

"Sungjae..." Jieun says in a sing-sung voice as she calls the bartender that is coincidentally her college best friend, "One more Black Velvet, please." She pouts cutely at him as Sungjae turns to his best friend worriedly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter