Only tears

Blind Love ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝ I can't dare to even hope, so I push you away like this...❞

4 years later

"Hwang Jieun! Are you ready already?" Jieun mother's voice echoes as she calls out for her youngest daughter. 

It is a busy day afterall today and they are suppose to be at the hotel by 9 am but it is already 8.45 and her youngest daughter is not out of her room yet. Today is the day her eldest daughter is going to walk on the aisle and Mrs Hwang cannot be more than happy for her. However, she know that the love of Riann's life is also Jieun's life. No, she cannot say he is Jieun's love of her life because she has make him her life. Jieun has always silently take care of him. Whenever, Riann is busy with work, Jieun is the one who takes over her sister's place to take care of Myungsoo. Even after so many years, Myungsoo have not recognizes her love for him yet.

Everybody assume that Myungsoo and Jieun will end up together but fate is unfair to her youngest daughter - the only man she ever love is getting married to her own sister. Even till day, nobody understands why and how Jieun can keep her feelings to herself and be happy for the two. Yet, Mrs Hwang is proud of her youngest daughter. She has watch her love Myungsoo selflessly ever since the girl is young and through Jieun, the older lady learn to love earnestly without asking for anything back.

Mrs Hwang sigh when she realizes that her youngest daughter has not reply to her. Taking a heavy step, she walks up the stairs towards Jieun's room. Mrs Hwang hesitates in front of the door as the guilt that she and everyone else have push behind creeps into her veins again. The day Riann confess to Myungsoo, Mrs Hwang can already see Jieun's world collapse and shatters and in front of her but as a mother, she is weak. Mrs Hwang have no courage to tell Jieun to chase for her love. On the other hand, she prays that Jieun will let Myungsoo go. Though, the older woman know it is impossible.

"Jieun, darling..." She knock against the white door gently. 

Mrs Hwang looks up and the missing picture frame on the door seems to attract her attention. The picture of Jieun and Myungsoo when they are young is no longer there. Curious, she tried twisting the door knob and surprisingly it opens. The middle aged lady panics as she knows that Jieun never left the door unlocks whenever she is inside. Mrs Hwang pushes the door open wider and look around the neatly arranged room. Nothing is misplaced but somehow the mother's heart is not at ease. Her daughter is not in the room.

Mrs Hwang walks quickly towards her daughter's walk-in closest and her own world seems to crash upon her. Tears cascade down her cheeks as realization dawns upon her. 

Hwang Jieun has left...

The girl who has been excitedly helping her older sister and future brother-in-law plans their wedding left on the day itself. The shattered heart is taken by her too, leaving no traces of her sadness in the room. The guilt in Mrs Hwang heightens as she finally realizes that the important things to Jieun is all gone. Only left are things that Myungsoo has given to her over the years and also photos of them during their childhood days. 

Mrs Hwang sobs as she imagine the times Jieun has cry alone in the room without any of them knowing. If only she tell Riann to stop and give Jieun a chance to love Myungsoo. If only she did make Myungsoo see that Jieun is the one who has been next to him during his difficult and happy times. If only...

"Yeobo!" She chokes out - calling her husband that is waiting for them in the living room, "Hwang Jae Jin!" she shouts louder as her tears continue streaming.

Her tears of guilt is ruining her make up but the mother could care less about that. She has been selfishly happy that Riann is getting married that she barely sees the pain that Jieun has been holding. Or actually are they just ignorant to her pain?

"Yes darling?" The charismatic middle aged man enters the room and stare in shock at his wife who is bawling her heart out on the bed, "hey, what happened? Where is Jieun?" He asks worriedly as he watch his wife weakly points at the empty closest that belongs to Jieun.

His heart drops. 

"D-did she leave?" he asks in disbelief as his wife nods her head.

His eyes wanders around the room - still not believing that his precious daughter leaves them without a goodbye - when a silver envelope neatly settled against the photo frame of an old picture of Jieun and Myungsoo grabs his attention. Mr Hwang slowly walks towards it and picks the envelope with a shaky hand.

"What is that yeobo?" Mrs Hwang sniffs as she walks up to her husband's side.

Mr Hwang takes the content of the envelope out and the parents quietly read the letter that is placed in the envelope. They could not help but to tear up a little.

Dear Omma, Appa and everyone

I firstly want to apologize for leaving without a notice. It is not what I intend to do but as time passes, I realizes that I cannot continue lying to myself and say I'm fine with Riann unnie getting married to Myungsoo oppa. As their wedding date drew closer, I came to understand that I can never forget Myungsoo oppa. He walks into my life like a dream and then he disappeares like a dream too. It hurts... So badly. I love oppa so much tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter