Baby Steps

Blind Love ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝ With trembling steps, I carefully approach you again...❞

Myungsoo's mother smiles as she silently observes the young girl that is scattering around the kitchen as she busily prepare the dishes for Myungsoo's birthday. Typically, since she is younger, Jieun always helps in the kitchen whenever there is an event and today is no different. Instead of being out there next to the birthday boy, Jieun is busy in the kitchen. 

"Jieun darling," the beautiful early 40s' lady calls out to the frantic Jieun.

The brunette girl stops in her track before turning to the older woman with a sheepish smile. Mrs Kim laughs at the reddening girl before walking towards her and taking the tray of drinks away from her hands. She gives her a playful stern look before breaking into a smile.

"Today is your favourite oppa's birthday, why are you working so hard in the kitchen? Aren't you suppose to prepare for the little speech you will be giving later?" She teases the younger girl as Jieun blushes once more.

Jieun shakes her head, "Its' okay Imo, I mean I always help you whenever there is an event so I don't feel its' right to leave you alone to entertain and serve the guests. I'll be here with the other maids to help with the food. Don't worry about me," the girl replies with a sweet smile.

Mrs Kim looks at her fondly before patting her head. The older lady has always like Jieun. The perfect wife and girlfriend material but somehow she is sad that her son cannot see that. Today, she hopes that the little plan Sungjong and Jieun plans will go as they planned. Jieun has been so fidgety that everyone except Myungsoo looks over at her with teasing smiles. 

"Don't be like that, go and stay in the living room. Everyone's there. You don't want to dirty your dress before the big surprise right?" Mrs Kim cooed gently at Jieun who reluctantly nods her head.

Sighing, she untie her apron and passes it to one of the maids in Kim's mansion. She smooths her dress again as even the maids give her a thumbs up as a supporting gesture. Jieun smiles at them back - touch by their supports. Wild thoughts do not stop running around her head. She wonders if Myungsoo will give the response that everyone has been hoping for or will he push her away? Pushing her away is not a problem, Jieun can still swallow her pride for a rejection but she cannot live without Myungsoo beside her. Myungsoo is her safety blanket that she always need to have by herside and if this confession cause them to drift apart, Jieun will be devastated to no extent.

Another sigh leaves her lips as she walks with Mrs Kim towards the living room where the eight families - including a group of boys who are also a part of their childhood gang - are leisuring around. It has been a tradition for them to come together during birthdays for dinner. Then, the birthday boy or girl can do whatever they want after the dinner. Somehow a wave of dreadness washes over Jieun as she stares at Myungsoo who is chatting happily with Sungjong and Hoya who is another childhood oppa of her.

Is she really ready to risk everything? There is no answer to that but Jieun knows that in a way or another, she has to take baby steps towards L. Her feelings are there to be told and hiding them will only make her seems like a fool. She hold the present that she bought for Myungsoo tightly. Picking pieces of her courage, Jieun makes her way towards where L is sitting. 

Just for him today, she has dress up and even though she is always appear calm, her heart is beating so fast that she thinks it will fall out soon if she continue walking towards Myungsoo. 

"Good luck baby girl!" Sunggyu who pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter