Evening Sky

Blind Love ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝ You keep lingering in my heart like this...❞

A year later

The New York's skyline starts to get darker as the bright lights fill every inch and corner of the never-sleeping city. Jieun inhales deeply before throwing her glance outside of her 24th floor office. It has been a year since she took the offer that Yi Fan gave her and moved to New York to start a new life where nobody knows about her past nor abot her pain. New York - despite being a busy city - is like a healing camp for Jieun. Although a slow process, she is finding her peace and healing once more in this foreign place.

"Miss Jessica," her secretary gently knocks against the glass table as Jieun set her attention back to the blonde lady.

Jieun carefully put down the file that is in her hand, "Yes?" she asks as her secretary shakes her head.

"No, its' just that you look so out of it. Do you want to go home and rest? We can finish this discussion tomorrow." Her secretary named Sarah suggests as Jieun gives her one of her rare smiles.

Going to New York has its effects though. Jieun loses the smile that always lit her face and somehow she becomes more distant than she ever is. Nobody dares to snoop around her business even though she is new. The used to be childish and naive girl turns into a cold and quiet lady just in mere year. Maybe, it happens because she closes her heart the moment she steps into New York.

"Thank you Sarah, you can go first." Jieun says as her secretary clear the files that are scattered around her table before moving out of her room - leaving the girl alone in the vast office.

Jieun sighs as she slips her coat on and grabs her Louis Vutton Speedy bag. Slowly, she walks out of her office while her mind wanders back to her homeland. Jieun have not call home even once she left the house. The only source of news is Sungjong, aside from Sunggyu, that knows her exact location. 

"Good evening Miss Jessica," the security guard at the lobby greets her as she steps out of the elevator.

Smiling sincerely at the good-looking man, Jieun nods her head, "Ah Chad, bring your wife for dinner tomorrow, okay? I want to see the boys. I miss them." She speaks up as the dashing young security guard gives her a thumbs up.

Her smiles may be rare but Jieun is still that warm-hearted girl years ago towards some people. Unlocking her red Range Rover Evoque, Jieun quickly enters her car before igniting the engine. The strikes of yellow and red falling onto her window makes Jieun miss Seoul more than ever. There she is in another country that speaks another language but her mind and soul is still wandering somewhere in South Korea.

"Why do I feel like the whole world will leave me if I continue staring at the sunset?" Jieun mumbles to herself before pulling out of the parking lot fast.

She drives mindlessly as her mind keeps thinking of that one person she is supposed to forget. Why must he keep invading her head? He is the reason why she leaves Korea but still he has to be the one running around in her memories - messing her mind. The young woman is tired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter