The Unexpected Smile

Unexpected Love

Claire's POV

"I have something to announce" the teacher stated

Everyone in the room stopped talking and listen to our teacher.

"on this coming October 20 we will have a very special program, and we will call it the Autumn Talent Show" the teacher said

Everyone in the room start to murmur about the teacher said.

"since every year we always throw a winter talent show, the faculty and student council decided to have a Autumn talent show, this will be the first Autumn Talent Show on our school so everything should be majestic and splendid" the teacher explained

"plus! he will have a very special guests!" the teacher addded

A special guest? wow! that's new! we never had a special guest before. We'll I hope that guest is awesome and worth watching.  After the teacher announced everything she dismissed us. Everyone in the room went out happily. As I pack my things, I got surprised when Ada just popped infront of me.

"Ada! your scared me!" I said

"still not getting used to it?" she asks then grab a chair then sit on it

"what do you want?" I mumbled

"you look blooming today!"

"blooming? me? no I'm not!" I said then patted my face gently

"oh come on! are you in love?" she asks

"what? me? in love? Ada please stop it!" I defend

Me? in love? with whom? I try to ignore what Ada said then stand up from my chair

"hey! we're you going?"Ada asks grabbing her bag and start following me

"I'm going home" I answered

"what? it's still early!" she said while looking at her watch

"I need to be home before six" I said

"Claire!" Ada muttered then looked at me with her puppy eyes

"alright! where do you want to go?" I asked

" we haven't eat daboki and ramen for a while" Ada said

"okay, come on!" I said

"your treat huh?"

"yeah, yeah! come on so your mouth can shut up now!" I joked then we laughed together

Ada start slurping her ramen and munching her daboki like a very hungry monster.

"hey Ada! slow down!" I stated

"oh! it's so delicious how can I stop myself?" she replied

"well, it's your fault if you choke!" I said then start picking some daboki with my chopsticks

Wow! it's really yummy! Honestly I missed eating this kind of food with my Bestfriend.

"hey, by the way how's your life in your father's house?" Ada suddenly asked

"ooohhh? ahhh... g-great!" I answered and start eating my ramen

"how's your father?"

"he's doing great. I hope he can recover soon"

"don't worry he'll be fine" she said then patted my shoulders

"thanks" I respond

When Ada and I are finally full I decided that I should go home now because it's exactly 5 pm. As I usually do I waited for a bus on the station.

When I'm finally home I noticed that some of the trees on our neighborhood is turning orange and yellow and starting to fall. Ah! I can sense that autumn is on it's way. The wind is also starting to get cold now. And I think that it will be more colder especially our house is located at the end of the street where the beach is near. Speaking of beach, I still didn't go there. I wanted to have a walk at the seashore and pick up some seashells. I thought it would be fun with my dad and mom, and also with my granny and Ada. How I wish we can do that.I continue to walk on my way to the house. I opened the front to and went straight to my room to change my clothes. After I finished changing I went to the kitchen and start making dinner. I didn't realize that Junhong is not here in the house. Maybe he's still busy with his other members. When I finally finished making our dinner I didn't know what will I do next. So I just sit on the table and waited Junhong to come home.

Zelo's POV

"okay guys! good job" Yongguk said as we when we finished the whole song

"Zelo! you seem so energetic today" Himchan muttered as he drink from his bottled water

"did you gulped a lot of energy drink before we practiced?" Daehyun asked

"I guess I'm just in the mood to practice" I answered then drink my bottled water

After I take a shower I decided to go home so that I can rest now. I felt that my energy is all drained. As walk inside the house I went to the living room and lay on the soft couch. I close my eyes and let my to have a nap for a while.

After 5 minutes I get up from the couch and head to my room. As I walk upstairs I noticed something on the dinning table. Instead of proceeding to my room I slowly walk to the dinning room and found Claire laying her arms and head on the table and I also found the complete set of meal on the table.Don't tell me that she cooked dinner and waited for me. I looked at my watch and realize that it's already 7:30. I sit on the chair beside her and slowly examine her face. I just realize that she's kinda pretty, especially when she's sleeping. Her thick eyelashes, fine  reddish lips and cheekbones are so prominent. I decided to examine her more closely so I move my face more closely to hers. Suddenly she just moved then start to mumble something so I moved my face away from her.

"you! yeah you! why are you so mean huh?!" she gently mumbled

"talking in her sleep?" I asked

"Junhong......" she said

Did she just said my name? or did I hear it wrong? I looked at her closely and and moved my head close again.

"why are you such a jerk?" she uttered

I can't believe what she just said! Me? Jerk?!

I smiled then bit my lower lip. I can't believe that she's saying that to me. Wait don't tell me that she's dreaming about me?

I stand from the chair then gently patted Claire's back.

" Hey Claire! Clumsy Claire wake up" I said

Claire yawn then gently rub her sleepy eyes. She looked at me then her eyes got widen.

"Are you surprised?" I asked

"of course I'm n-not!" she answered

"found you sleeping there so I decided to wake you" I muttered then looked away

"oh is that so?by the way did you already ate your dinner?" Claire asked

"ah, not yet!" I answered

"uhm, I cooked dinner for you" she muttered then look away from me

"ah, I see. I really wanted to eat but I'm so tired so I already need to rest. I'm sorry" I answered

"oh, it's fine" she simply answered

"okay, I'll go to my room now" I said then start walking upstairs

Claire's POV

Junhong just walk away from the dinning room after he replied "okay" on what I said. I plastered a fake smile on my face so I can hide my true emotion. I understand that he's really tired but what about me? I did went home early just to prepare dinner for him.That jerk! if I only know that he will not eat dinner maybe I'm still spending time with Ada and having fun.

When I finished fixing the food that I cooked I went straight to my room and decided to go to sleep.

A little girl in her school uniform is standing beside the front door. While the other children running and excited to go home.The little girl seems like she's expecting someone. I watched her waiting for someone. Hours and days had passed still the little girl with pinkish cheek is still standing. She never get tired. The flowers start to blossom. The sun started to hit the surrounding with it's rays. The leaves of the maple tree infront of the building started to fall. The small white ice crystal started to fall gently. Four seasons had passed but still the little girl is still waiting for that person to come. Suddenly a tall man with a familiar face walk towards the little girl. The little girl smile gently and hold the man's hand. Is this the person that she's waiting? As they walk together the man paused then kneel at the little girl at her level.

"I'm so sorry sweetie, but daddy needs to leave" says the man

"but daddy why?" the little girl asked

The man didn't answer the little girl's question instead he just kiss her forehead stand up then leave without saying anything.

The little girl start to cry. I want to hug her tightly and comfort her but when I'm about to come the her,her image started to fade away.

I opened my eyes then rub them. What a weird dream! I look at my clock to check what time is it since its still kinda dark. Great! it's exactly 12 am in the morning! Suddenly I felt dryness from my mouth down to my throat. I decided to get up from my bed and go to the kitchen to have a glass of water.

As I head to the kitchen I heared a sound of humming person. I slowly walk to the kitchen and found that the back door is open. The lights are not on so I cannot see the person's face. The light from the outside is the only light that fills the kitchen.

" A thief?" I murmured softly

As I watched the "thief" wanders around and open the fridge I also grab my chance to grab something for hitting it to it's head. As he scan the fridge I slowly went near at cabinet to get a pan. As I open the cabinet it made a creak making the "theif" to pause and turn around. I quickly hide beside the cabinet. The "thief" ignored what he heard and continue to explore the fridge. Finally the Pan is in my hands! I slowly walk towards him and when he's about to turn I hit the pan on his hooded head.

" aaawwww! what the....." he yelled as he fall to the ground brushing his head

But before he get up I kicked him.

"Claire stop it! it's me! Zelo!" The man yelled

"what?"

"are you stupid?! I'm Zelo!"

" Junhong?!" I said then quickly run to the main to switch on the lights

I found Junhong crouching in pain on the floor. What did I just did?! I hit Junhong on the head!  ahhh! youre so stupid Claire!

I hurriedly run towards him and help him to get up.

"what was that foor?" he asked

"ahhh....uhmmmm.... I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hit you. I thought youre a thief. I'm so sorry!" I said then bit my lower lip

"do I look like a thief to you?" he asked

I help Junhong to get up lead him to the couch in the living room. I went to the kitchen and to gather a cold compress for his head. As I put the compress on him Junhong removed my hand away from his head.

"I'm so sorry" I said again

"What the hell is your problem with me?" he asked holding the cold compress on his head

" what are you doing in the kitchen in the middle of the night?" I asked curiously

"ahhh, uhmm....I'm hungry so I came to the kitchen to get some food, but I ended up hitting a pan in the head by you!" he explained

" it's because I didn't recognized you because the lights are off and your wearing a hoodie!" I respond

"are you saying that its my fault?" he asked removing the compress from his head

"ahhmmmm..... I'm not saying anything" I response looking away from him

Junhong looked at me then roll his eyes.

I felt kinda guilty on what I did, but if you gonna think about it very carefully it's his fault. If he just switched on the lights then maybe I won't mistaken him as a thief.

Junhong stand from the couch and head to the kitchen. I quickly followed him, wondering what will he gonna do.

"what are you doing?" I asked

"can't you see clumsy? I'm going to eat! I'm hungry remember?" he answered

"ah, is that so?" I said

He stare at me with his uncomfortable eyes. I swiftly look away from him. When I decided to go back in my room Junhong called my name.

"what?" I asked

" could you heat this for me?" he asked holding the tupperware where I put the dish that I cooked last night

" please, this is the thing you can do after you hit me in the head" he added

I can't say no to him. Besides he might make the kitchen really messy if I him reheat the food.

I sigh and took the tupperware from him. As I start preparing for his meal Junhong is staring at me. I cannot see it but I can feel it. His eyes are on me. 

When I finished preparing his food Junhong start to eat his meal like a hungry child who didn't eat for a week. I just watched him as he eats his meal. Suddenly Junhong's eyes just hit on me.

"what? is this your first time seeing me eating?" he asked while munching his food

"of course not! I've seen you eating for almost.....2 times I think? this is the 3rd time" I said

Junhong just looked at me and smirk.

"youre still a student right?" Junhong asked

"yup" I said then nodd

"how's your study?"

"well, I'm trying my best especially in Algebra"

"Algebra? is that hard?" He asked

"well kinda, wait don't tell me you've never encounter it?" I asked curiously

"uhm, of course I know how to solve a equation duh! I'm just asking if Algebra is suitable for my smart mind"

" tcchhh, smart?!"

" what?"

"nothing, how about you? how's your career? how is your life being a super famous superstar?" I asked

"mmm, it's alright"

"just alright?"

"mmmm. kinda tiring" he said

"really? but did you know? youre so lucky because you had all the things and you always got the things you wanted"

"hmmm, not really" he said dropping his chopsticks

" huh? why?"

Junhong just sigh then drink his glass of water.

"I'm already full. I think I need to rest now. You have school tomorrow right? I think you should sleep now" Junhong said then start to walk  upstairs

Suddenly Junhong stopped then turn around and face me.

"By the way, thank for the meal. Goodnight Claire" Junhong stated then smile at me gently

My heart just skip a beat when I saw him smiled at me.

" uhmmm, youre welcome. Goodnight Junhong" I replied then smile back

A/N: Aaawww! this is the first time they had a proper conversation. Hehehe! I can imagine Zelo's smile. And this is also the first time I share my feelings about this ff. nyahaha! by the way, do you like this chapter?  Thanks for reading.