The Unexpected Heart Beat

Unexpected Love

Claire's POV

Whatever I do, Junhong's smile is still in my mind. I try to ignored it, but the more I ignore it the more I think about his simple smile. His smile leave a big impact to me and every time I recall our conversation last night my heart just skip a beat.

*flashback*

As I went out from my room, I saw Junhong went out from his room also. I wanted to say goodmorning but he's talking to someone in his phone. I'm about to go downstairs when suddenly Junhong greeted me.

"Goodmorning Claire" Junhong greeted then smiled at me

"oh...uhm g-goodmorning Junhong" I replied then smiled back

My heart just skip a beat again. Why I am feeling this way? And I also feel embarrassed when I'm talking to him.

"going to school already?" he asked

" ah, yes" I replied

Junhong just smiled again at me.

Ohmaygahd! Junhong please! stop doing that! Youre making my heart pound! A lot! wait?! why am I feeling this way?? what is happening to me?!

"oh u-uhm.....I-Im going... B-bye!" I quickly said then hurriedly walk away from him.

*end of flashback*

"Claire! Claire! CLAIRE!" Ada surprisingly yelled

"a-ahhh! what?" I quickly asked getting my self back to reality

"are you with us? I'm trying to call you many times, but you just sit there and having your daydreaming"  Ada answered

"oh, uhm I'm sorry" I apologize

"is there something wrong? are you sick your face is kinda red?" Ada worriedly asked

"what? my face is red?" I said then brush my cheeks with my two hands

"you want me to help you to go to the Clinic?" Ada asked then start patting the back of her hands on my forehead

"I'm not sick" I said

"are you sure?"

"yes! besides I cannot afford to be in the clinic because we need to practice our dance for the ATS!" I said then get up from my place

"youre right!" Ada said

There's only 3 days left before the ATS. Our section is one of the class that will perform for the ATS. And guess what we're dancing New York, New York for the talent show which is not really good because I have two left feet or let's just simply say I'm not good at dancing.

We need to practice all day and I have the feeling that I need to drink an energy drink. Our teacher said that this is our first and last performance for the ATS so we really need to do our best to perform.

Fighting!

Zelo's POV

Today is my rest day, so I don't have an appointment with my co-members. I was left alone when Claire leave for school. I don't know what will I do for the whole day so I guess I'll just sleep.

Suddenly I remember my conversation with Claire last night. I didn't expect her to be like that. I mean I feel comfortable when I'm talking to her. I feel like an ordinary boy whose also talking to a ordinary girl.Claire is not bad at all, I think dad is right Claire is a really nice girl even though she's so clumsy.

I didn't realize that I'm smiling like an idiot while thinking about Claire. Wait! me? thinking about Claire?

I went to the backyard and found a little garden. I didn't know we have a garden.

"ah! I really need to explore the whole house!" I muttered

The garden is not that big. There are common plants that planted there, daisies, yellow bell, orchids, herbs and other plants. The good thing here in the garden is you can see the view of the beach here. I sit on the soft green grass then enjoyed the view of the waves coming on the shore.

Suddenly my phone just ring. It's a call from my dad.

"hi dad" I greeted

"Junhong how are you?" dad asked with a unusual voice

"dad are you alright? you sound sick" I asked worriedly

"ah, sad to say I have a cold and cough"

"how are you?"

"well, I'm here in my room right now resting"

"do you want me to go there? I'm free today dad" I said

" ah, it's alright. I know you are also tired preparing for your comeback next year so just rest"

"are you sure?"

"of course, oh How's Claire? are you being nice to her?" dad suddenly asked

"well, she's doing great. So far theres no war between us" I answered

"really? that's good to here! Junhong I suggest that you should know more about her"

"dad.."

"Junhong, Claire is a really nice and good girl. Plus she's really pretty. Nothing will lost to you if you try" Dad suggests

"okay, okay if that makes you happy"

"thanks Son" dad replied while coughing

"uhm dad, I think you need to rest now, I'll just call you later okay? bye dad" I said

After call, I decided to explore the house and also the neighborhood. I took my skateboard and start exploring the neighborhood using it.

After I explored the whole house and the neighborhood I decided to go to the kitchen and look for something to eat. After I ate my lunch I have really nothing to do now so I just decided to sleep.

Claire's POV

"okay! well done everyone!" the teacher said as she clapped her hands

Ah! Finally the practice is over! I'm so exhausted. I went down from the stage with my classmates and I went straight to the chair. I sat down and let myself rest for a minute.

"Youre doing great!" Ada said

"ah, thanks. you too" I replied

" but still I can't imagine you dancing!" she said then chuckled

" I can't believe myself neither!"

"I think our performance will be perfect!"

"ah! I hope I can't destroy our performance!"

"Claire....."

"Alright, Alright! I will do my best! Promise!" I said then smile

"Fighting!" we both said then chuckled

As I walk inside the house I felt that all of my energy are drained. I think don't have the strength to cook for our dinner later. All I wanted to do right now is sleep. I went to living room and lay on the couch. The house seems so quiet. Junhong is not home? maybe he's with the rest of B.A.P. Ah! that's good. Atleast I know that I will not cook dinner for tonight. And all I'm going to do is sleep. I shutter my eyes and let myself rest.

Suddenly 5 minutes after I decided to rest, someone is patting my face gently and trying to wake me up.

"Claire! Claire! wake up!" a familiar voice said

"what?" I said trying to open my eyes and I realize it's Junhong

"cook dinner for me! I'm hungry!"

"yeah, yeah, later....huuuwwaaahhh!"

"I want you to cook right now!" Junhong insists

"I'm tired, cook by yourself!"

"I don't know how to cook!"

" ahhh, I'll cook later. please let me rest. I'm so tired!" I protest

"tch! what the heck did you do the whole day that made you look like a zombie?"

"ahhh! don't asked questions! go away. I'm going to sleep!"

Junhong still trying to talk to me and asked me. But I decided not to response on what he's saying and try to pretend that I'm already sleeping.

When I finally don't here his voice in the living room.I decided to take a real nap. Ah finally! I could charge myself now.

Zelo's POV

I'm so hungry right now. What am I suppose to eat? Claire is still sleeping and I don't know what time is she going to wake up. I can't sit here and let my tummy growl. But then I decided to wait for her for almost 15 minutes.

Okay that's it! I can't take this anymore! So instead of waiting Clumsy to wake up I decided to cook for myself even though I don't know how to cook.

I went to the kitchen and find some easy-to-cook food. I found some ramen in the cabinet but I'm craving for rice. I look at the rice cooker but I didn't find cooked rice so I'll just stick to the ramen. I look at back of it to read the instructions on how to cook it.

After I boiled water for the ramen I carefully pour it in the bowl with the ramen in it. Suddenly the back of my left hand accidentally touch the hot kettle. I quickly put the kettle down and look at my left arm. Gradually my left arm turned reddish. I decided to wash it the water in the faucet but I think I just made it worst. I wander around to find a first aid kit but I didn't find it.

I didn't know what to do with my hand anymore so I think I'll just let it be like that until it's heal. As I walk upstairs I see Claire crouching on the couch. I think she's cold, so I decided to get her blanket from her room and cover it to her. As I cover the blanket around her I notice her tired face. She really is tired. I gently tuck the strands of her hair on her ear that covers her eyes. She's really cute when she's sleeping. I didn't notice that while I'm watching her I'm moving closer to her.

Suddenly her eyes just opened. Our eyes got widened in surprised then she swiftly bang her forehead to mine.

"what are you doing jerk?!" Claire yelled

"aaahhhh! I was just..."

"you was just? what?!"

"I was just trying to remove a dirt from youre face stupid!!" I lied

"removed something?!" she said trying to search it on her face

"why did you do that?" I asked brushing my palms to my forehead

"b-because...... youre so close to me!"

"you could've just scream instead of banging my forehead to yours!"

"I-I got shocked so....... ah! okay I'm sorry!"

"tch! you always say that! You really are Clumsy!"

Claire come to me and unexpectedly touch my forehead without looking at me. She gently brush her soft hands to my forehead.

"I said sorry already" she simply said

I didn't know what to response to her. So I just remove her hands from my forehead.

"does it still hurt?" she asked

"aa-ah, I'm okay now" I respond trying not to look at her

"okay, by the way have you already eat?"

"mmmmm, not yet" I quickly answered

"oh, okay I'll cook" she said standing from the couch then hurriedly went to the kitchen

Claire's POV

As we quietly eat our dinner together I noticed Junhong's left hand is reddish.

"what happened to your hand?" I curiously asked

Junhong stop chewing his food and look at it.

"oh, uhm.... it's nothing" he quickly answered

"okay" I respond

When we finished eating our dinner Junhong insisted on helping me clean up the table.

As I get the plates from the table Junhong insisted on carrying the plates.

" I said it's alright, I can do it by myself. Go to your room now" I said trying to get the plates from him

"I don't want to. I will carry this!" Junhong insisted

"Junhong!"

" I said I'll carry them"

I accidentally touch Junhong left hands.

"ouch!" he yelled

"Oh! what's the matter?" I said then get the plates from him

"it's nothing!" he replied

"it's your hand isn't it?" I asked then placed the plates to the table

"no it's not, it's just...."

"let me see" I said then quickly grab his hand

"you burned yourself didn't you?" I asked

"ahh..it's.....uhmm..... yes" he respond

"where?"

"I was just trying to put hot water on my ramen but I my hands accidentally touch the hot kettle"

"okay, let me treat this" I said letting go of his hand

I ttook the first aid kit from my room and start treating Junhong's hand.

" I'm sorry" I said while putting an ointment to his hand

"huh? why are you apologizing? it's not your fault!"

"if I just cook dinner, you wouldn't try to cook ramen and ended up like this" I said

"youre tired, and you need to rest.So its not your fault. Besides you already cook dinner for us"  Junhong said then smile

I smiled back to him as I put the bandage on his hands.

"okay, it's finish" I said securing the bandage with a tape

"thank you Claire" he said

"youre welcome"

Before I finished washing the plates Junhong finally said goodnight to me went to his room. When I finish my job on the kitchen I also went to my room and rest.

Zelo's POV

I can't stop looking at the bandage on my hand. While Claire is putting the the bandage on my I couldn't stop to stare at her. Her face is full of patience and care while treating my hands. And I feel comfortable whenever she touch and hold me. Her hands is so warm and soft. It made me want to hold her hands so badly. I don't know why am I acting this way. The most unexpected thing I noticed is when she finally finished to put the bandage on my hand she smiled at me then my heart just skip a beat.