Hana

Apartment 23 | 2.0 || hiatus

hope (hōp)
v. hoped or hop·ing
1. A longing or desire for a particular event that one considers possible
2. A powerful force that will get you through the toughest times but is dangerous to lose
3. Mankind’s greatest weakness and greatest strength

6th of February, 2012

When were you planning on telling me this?”
 
She was already frustrated, angry even as the tears were b in her eyes. When was she going to enlighten him? “I don’t kn—”
 
He didn’t let her finish. “When we’re all alone, old and gray, rocking in our chairs in front of an empty fireplace?” Luhan belted, a slight waver in his voice as he almost violently tried to reason with Hana. The latter remained silent at the accusation and averted her eyes to her shaking hands. “It’s not something you whisk into the world like it’s nothing, Luhan,” her answer came, her voice soft.
 
“But it’s me, Hana,” her boyfriend took a desperate step forward, “I’m with you in this life; we share a future! I would’ve had a hard time even if you had told me but then at least I would’ve heard it from you.” The step he had taken before was evened out once again when he backed away again. “But the fact that I had to hear it from your mother—”
 
“It’s not like I planned it that way, for god’s sake!” Hana exploded, her frustration reaching a new high. Even with her anger almost getting the better of her, she couldn’t blame Luhan for reacting the way he did. But still, it wasn’t fair.
 
“It doesn’t matter how you planned it! You didn’t tell me and that’s enough.”
 
Both remained silent at this. The tears that Hana had tried to keep from falling were already trailing down her cheeks, but Luhan took no heed of them as he was still fuming at the front door of their apartment. His cheeks were flushed and a deep frown ran between his eyebrows; Hana could still make out the familiar creases through his red fringe that cascaded unruly across his forehead.
 
“I need time, Hana,” Luhan’s soft voice broke the silence in the room, catching Hana’s attention. She mirrored his expression. “For what?” she asked, squeezing her fingers in her hands as she took an uncollected step forward. Luhan rubbed his face tiredly before responding, not meeting with Hana’s worried gaze. “I need to process… whatever this is because it’s not nothing,” he explained calmly and sighed. Hana’s frown deepened. “And I understand that, but…” she pressed her lips together for a moment, wiping away another tear, “do you have to do it like this?” her voice ended in a deep waver, which she tried to swallow away. This wasn’t fair.
 
The redhead remained silent for a second before scoffing incredulously, lightly shaking his head. “Unbelievable…” he muttered and grabbed his jacket, searching the pockets for his keys and discarding of Hana’s wishes. Hana watched him move around hastily, when she realized what he was doing. “Where are you—”
 
“Out,” Luhan briskly interrupted her and ran a tired hand through his fiery hair. When Hana didn’t respond, he looked over his shoulder to find her standing near the dining table, her fingers grazing the table top. “Just… leave me for now, please. I’m…” he didn’t finish his sentence, sighed and closed his eyes for a moment before leaving. The door thudded to a close and for a moment it was utterly silent. Hana was still standing next to the table but dropped herself onto a nearby chair when she felt her legs buckle from under her. Her eyes scanned the empty room around her, making her realize that he had really left. Luhan had actually left her behind.
 
Anger began setting in because this was so typical. He was acting as if he was the only one in this situation while it was actually Hana who was suffering the most out of all of this; it was like he was wearing a mask that filtered out the parts that showed that he was the truest victim. She knew—Hana knew that it wasn’t going to be worth it. There were no shiny stars of realization that were going to greet her afterwards, nor understanding. Just an empty feeling that would remain.
 
A tear trailed down her cheek, balancing from her jaw before plummeting down. This wasn’t fair.
 
 
 
6th of February, 2014
 
Taking two steps at a time, Hana jogged up the stairs to the second floor of the building. Her hair was damp with sweat and clinging to her neck, just like her T-shirt that stuck to her back, and her sweatpants felt raw against her skin. She hadn’t been on an early morning run for a long time, but today, for some reason, seemed fitting. Humming to herself, Hana unlocked the front door to her apartment and slipped through it, finding all the lights on. Surprised, she glanced around because it was 7 am in the morning and when she had left an hour ago, Sehun was still fast asleep.
 
Throwing her keys in a bowl, she scanned through the apartment, calling for Sehun multiple times but got no answer. Frowning, Hana set for her bedroom. A smile took over when she quietly entered the room because she had finally found the blond. His arm was slung over his head against the headboard, his face slightly tilted as he was sleeping with a smaller body resting on top of his stomach, tiny head against his broad chest. Hanhae’s short legs dangled from Sehun’s sides as he had his arms pulled up under his chin and let out a soft snore every few seconds. Hana chuckled silently at the sight and began undressing quietly, trying not to wake the duo, before she hopped to the bathroom for a quick shower.
 
After she had gotten out, the apartment was still silent so Hana made sure to keep it down as she got dressed and made her way to the kitchen to make breakfast for the three of them. She cursed when she spotted the filled sink with dishes from last night so reluctantly the woman set out so clean them, humming to herself as she set the wet plates into the drying rack.
 
A pair of arms slipped around her, hugging her from the back, making Hana jump in her spot; Sehun let out an amused chuckle. “Don’t sneak up on me like that!” she complained and clumsily nudged Sehun with her elbow. The blond smiled and rest his head in her neck, taking a deep breath. “Good morning,” he mumbled as he nosed her ear. Hana smiled at his voice that was still thick of sleep, and nudged her head against his. “Is he awake?” she asked while drying her hands with a cloth before turning in Sehun’s arms so she was facing him. The blond nodded, his eyes closed, and pouted his lips as if he was waiting for his morning kiss. Hana happily obliged and pressed her own against his, her hands resting against his clothed chest as she basked in his warmth.
 
“Morning,” Sehun and Hana heard a sleepy voice join them in the kitchen. Both turned to the source and smiled at the sight of Hanhae’s bed-hair and ruffled pajamas. Together with the dog plushy under his arm, the sight was terribly endearing and resulted in Hana wiggling herself out of Sehun’s arms so she could pick up the four year old boy.
 
“You hungry?” she asked as the boy nuzzled into her neck. He nodded lightly and allowed Hana to cradle him. “I’ll go set the table,” Sehun yawned behind Hana and pressed a kiss against the side of her head when he passed her. Hana hummed and looked down at the boy in her arms who had already dozed off again.
 
 
 
Taking in the dark hall that led towards the backroom, Hana winced. “Are you sure we’re allowed to be in there?”

“Of course,” Sehun chuckled as he walked in front of her, “Just because Xiumin isn’t here yet doesn’t mean that the area is on lockdown.”
 
Sneering, Hana smacked his arm lightly. “You know what I mean.”
 
“So violent,” Sehun muttered, rubbing his arm, before he glanced at his nephew that was walking next to Hana, his hand in hers, and ruffled his dark mop of hair. “Everybody likes kids,” he simply said and showed Hana a grin before walking ahead and turning on the lights in the club. Gradually, the floor panels began lighting up together with the bar and the few overhead lights so the trio could see where they were going. Instantly, Hanhae was amazed by the largeness of the room—since he had never visited the place before—and slipped his hand out of Hana’s so he could run onto the dancefloor. Hana made a move to follow him as she was worried he would trip over something. “Hanhae!” she called when she didn’t spot the little boy anymore.
 
“Leave him, he’s just exploring,” Sehun came up to the woman, smiling, and crossed his arms as he watched his nephew climb the stairs to the Cage, Yixing’s workplace. Hana winced when Hanhae’s foot slipped from one step and moved to help him, but Sehun just wrapped an arm around her to stop her and pressed a kiss against her head. “He’s fine, Bub.”
 
Hana sneered at the new nickname Sehun had made up for her, and she couldn’t say she was a fan of it but anything was better than airhead, even though there was some sort of sentimental value attached to the degrading word.
 
“Come on,” Sehun began leading Hana towards the bar and mindlessly pulled out a stool for her to take a seat. She did and once again he grinned at her before he left her at the bar and he was hopping over to the Cage. She turned in her chair as she heard Sehun call for Hanhae.
 
“Want to see something cool?” he asked the boy, to which the latter nodded enthusiastically. Smiling, Sehun pointed at the brightly lit tiles of the dancefloor, “go over there and wait.”
 
Hanhae nodded and ran to the dancefloor while Sehun climbed the stairs to the DJ platform; Hana saw him scanning the music board and click some buttons, and search for his nephew for a moment. “Okay Hanhae, remember when we were practicing counting to five?” he then asked the boy when he spotted him in the middle of the illuminated square. Hanhae thought for a second before nodding. “We’re gonna do it again, okay? One…” he began and motioned for Hanhae to continue.
 
Hana watched Hanhae struggle for a moment and look at his hands. “Two… three, four…” he counted on his fingers and looked up at his uncle, who was wiggling five fingers and mouthing the word with his lips. Hanhae mimicked him for a moment before a wide grin spread on his lips and he lifted his arms in the air with a small jump. “Five!”
 
At this Sehun smiled and pressed a final button, lighting up the whole room with neon beams that circled around, creating colorful spots on the floor and around. Hanhae let out a screech of glee and jumped around when strobes began doing their work on the beat of the music that played in the background. Hana watched the boy, laughing happily as Sehun walked down the steps again and joined Hanhae, flailing his long limbs around and dancing around his nephew. Hana leaned against the edge of the bar as she watched Sehun lift the boy into the air, playing around.
 
A smile found her lips but also felt a dull ache in her chest, making her falter the slightest. She pushed the feeling away, relying on her conscious to keep the thoughts away. After ten minutes of playing around, Sehun returned and left Hanhae to play on his own, joining Hana again.
 
“That looked fun,” Hana smiled at him and fixed his bangs for him when he stood next to her, his hands on his hips. “It was,” he responded, a little out of breath. Hana chuckled, looking at Sehun who wore a content smile on his lips as he watched his nephew jump around, trying to step on the lights before they twirled away again. When he averted his gaze to Hana, he quirked an eyebrow with a small smile. “What?”
 
Hana returned his smile and lightly shook her head. “Nothing.”
 
Sehun watched her for another moment before gently taking her nose between his index- and middle finger, wiggling her head lightly before letting go and walking behind the bar.
 
“Wow, awesome moves, little man!”
 
The two looked at the entrance of the club when they heard a new voice over the music, and immediately spotted Jongdae bouncing next to Hanhae. The boy smiled up at the man but didn’t give him any more attention than that, returning to his hopping onto the lights. Jongdae laughed at the rejection and instead of lingering around, moved over to where Sehun and Hana were.
 
“True heartbreaker, that little one,” he laughed when he had approached the two and nodded at Hanhae. He took a seat next to Hana after greeting them and squeezed the woman’s shoulder with a small smile. “You guys are early.”
 
Hana hummed. “You have any idea what time Minseok will be here?” she asked. Jongdae shook his head, leaning his elbows on the bar. “Think he should be here soon, though. It’s almost eleven.”
 
The woman hummed mindlessly but Sehun’s voice pulled her back. “You’re cute when you’re worried.”
 
“Shut up,” Hana scowled because she hadn’t thought she was that obvious, but glanced over her shoulder anyway to try and spot Hanhae, before turning back to the blond. The latter chuckled and nodded at the platforms on the side, “He’s gallivanting over there, Bub, he’s fine.”
 
Jongdae snorted and Hana knew exactly why so she chose to flick his ear as a reminder that she wasn’t one to be laughed at; it wasn’t like she had chosen the name, Sehun was just weird like that.
 
Pitter-patter against the glass floor caught all of their attention once Jongdae was done whining at the pain that shot through his ear. Hanhae didn’t have to say anything for Hana to understand that he wanted to sit on one of the stools so she slipped off her own and lifted the boy into it. Sehun had already slipped a cup over the bar to the boy, presenting it to him. Hana frowned at the orange drink and cocked an eyebrow at Sehun. “He already had juice during breakfast.”
 
“Orange juice is healthy!”
 
“Real juice, yes, but not that artificial stuff we pour.”
 
“Oh come on, one glass won’t hurt him,” Sehun reasoned and leaned on the bar, “besides, our own dancing machine here is totally thirsty, right?” he asked Hanhae, who nodded, but surprisingly Jongdae joined him as well. Hana just rolled her eyes and let the boy sip on the drink; it wasn’t like she could go against Sehun’s strange reasoning anyway. “You’re such a kid sometimes,” she muttered but Sehun caught this and just mimicked her childishly, to which Hana responded by moving to smack him with subtle profanities escaping her lips, but Jongdae quickly interjected.
 
“Okay mom and dad, stop,” he covered Hanhae’s ears and frowned at the two. “We are in the presence of innocent ears.” Hanhae just looked at Jongdae with bright eyes, head locked between two large hands, still sipping on the straw between his lips. Hana sneered at the blond behind the bar, who dared to smile victoriously and walked around the counter. “Didn’t you guys have somewhere to be, by the way?” Jongdae asked once he had let go of Hanhae and reached over the bar for a napkin, because Hanhae’s straw was dripping juice onto the counter. Hana nodded and propped her chin into her palm. “But we’ll have to wait for Minseok because he was going to look after Hanhae for us.”
 
Jongdae’s eyebrows shot up at this. “I can do that.”
 
Sehun frowned, a little apprehensive at the suggestion. “I’m not sure that’s entirely safe.”
 
“I have three younger siblings and know damn well how to handle little kids, thank you very much!” Jongdae responded, his tone quite offended but he laughed it off. “And besides, it isn’t like he’ll be able to cause much havoc in here.”
 
Hana hopped from the chair next to Hanhae and his head. “Will you be okay with uncle Jongdae here?” she asked the boy. He silently nodded while sipping his orange juice, which was almost empty. “Uncle Minseok will be here soon as well, so you won’t be alone for long. We’ll be back in a bit, okay?” Hana explained while straightening the collar of Hanhae’s shirt. He had lost his coat somewhere in the club during his dancing. Hanhae hummed in response and waved with his free hand at Hana and Sehun. Both smiled at the boy, but Sehun made sure to get Jongdae’s attention as he did the I’m-watching-you move, but Jongdae merely mocked this and waved them away. Hana pulled the blond with her and glanced over her shoulder, just in time to see a little moment of interaction between the two at the bar.
 
“Your cheeks are seriously no joke, little man,” Jongdae commented while he lightly poked one of Hanhae’s protruding cheeks, to which the younger made an attempt to bite Jongdae’s finger, earning a yelp from the elder. “Hey, not cool!”
 
Hana chuckled. They’ll be fine.
 
 
 
Hana enjoyed being out and about with Sehun. He always seemed to relax more when he was outside and somehow became less of a pain in the . Busy streets didn’t withhold him from showing Hana affection, nor was he scared of the occasional handholding. It wasn’t like they went out a lot, though. Their reason now was that Miss Kim, Suhyun’s personal assistant and Hanhae’s sitter, couldn’t make it as she was visiting her father who was in the hospital. Sehun had happily taken the errands upon him and also told his mother it was okay for Hanhae to stay with him until Miss Kim had time again. Of course Suhyun was overjoyed and appreciated the help.
 
“Alright, we have to deposit miss Kim’s money, pick up my mom’s suits and find some new clothes for Hanhae,” Sehun ran through their list, “First the money because I don’t feel entirely safe walking around with—” he stopped talking when he noticed that Hana wasn’t next to him anymore. He turned his head and found that she was a few steps behind him, lingering in front of a store.
 
“Why’d you stop walking?” Sehun asked curiously, his hands stuffed into the warm pockets of his coat as he approached her. He checked the window Hana was staring at before looking at her again. She didn’t respond, and just kept her eyes on the stuffed rabbit in the display. Its long ears framed the cute, pink snout that innocently peered back at her, the white fur gleaming in the light.  

“Hana?”
 
The woman looked away from the window, meeting with Sehun’s questioning gaze. A small smile appeared on her lips. “It looks like the one I had when I was a kid,” she explained nostalgically and looked at the bunny again, forcing her hands into her pockets. Sehun stared at her for a while longer before also glancing at the display. “It’s cute,” was all he could muster up to say but Hana didn’t notice his lack of response. Images of her own plushy mirrored themselves in her mind as she recalled the slightly yellowed bunny that she brought everywhere when she was younger. Her father had bought it for her as a present for when she was born and until Hana was fourteen, she had it neatly placed on her bed and slept with it every night.
 
“Bub, we need to get going,” Sehun’s voice pulled Hana back. She hummed and hooked her arm through Sehun’s, and abruptly pulled her gaze away from the display. “Where to?” she asked and allowed Sehun to lead her to the crossover. “Bank,” Sehun replied and crossed the road as soon as the lights turned green. Hana chose to push the image of the bunny and the white walls to the back of her mind, and paid attention to Sehun’s actions as they went. The deposit went without much of a hassle since Miss Kim had an account with the Ohs, so all that had to be done now was visit the dry-cleaner and the mall. Figuring that it would be wiser to visit the mall first before picking up large bags filled with suits, the two headed over to the one closest to it to pick out some new clothes for Hanhae.
 
Hana didn’t have any siblings, nor any cousins or younger family members in general so the kids department wasn’t exactly her forte. She did like the idea of the compact clothing though, and found it cute to look at like any other person. Absence of reason for a visit, however, withheld her from going around stores and quite honestly, Hana felt uncomfortable being surrounded by them. It felt strangely foreign and confronting.
 
Absentmindedly, she ran her fingers over the neatly folded shirts on one of the shelves along the walls. Graphic prints adorned the tops and created a rain of colors throughout the store. There weren’t a lot of people around aside from a few—Hana figured—mothers who were holding up rompers and jackets as to see whether it would suit their child or not. What Hana noticed was that all the women wore subtle, content smiles as if they were genuinely having fun in what they were doing. Was it really, though? Hana just saw it as shopping for clothing, much like she would do for herself but only now she had to search for a few sizes smaller. Maybe it was all too black and white for Hana and did it require a child of her own to understand the true meaning behind those content smiles.
 
Averting her eyes from the women around her, Hana looked down at her hands to find a blue T-shirt between her fingers. She hadn’t even realized that she had pulled it from a shelf; upon taking a closer look, the fierce picture of Captain America was staring back at her, doing a thumbs-up while holding his shield against his body with his other arm. Cute, Hana thought to herself as she felt the start of a smile form her lips, but was startled when a voice appeared next to her.    
 
“What about this?”
 
Hana turned to Sehun who, quite hesitantly, was holding up a simple pair of dark jeans for what seemed a new born baby. She looked around, scanning the surrounding displays and realized that they were all as small as the jeans he was holding and, not surprisingly, the shirt she had in her hands. “Cute but I think we’re in the wrong department. For what age are those even?” she asked with a subtle grin when she locked her gaze on Sehun again. He frowned and checked the tag, a pink hue washing over his cheeks. He scoffed and threw the jeans back onto the heap, not looking at Hana before stepping away to the back of the store. “What am I even doing?” she heard him mumble to himself as he walked to the bigger sizes.
 
Hana chuckled at this and neatly placed the T-shirt and jeans back before hopping after her boyfriend. He was already through some thin jackets, glancing at Hana before focusing again. “You okay?” he asked her, not looking away from the green bomber jacket he was checking out. Hana was surprised by the sudden question but was quick to realize why he was asking. Trying to seem as neutral as possible, she walked around the rack and began sifting through some pajama pants.
 
“Yeah,” her simple reply came. But Sehun wasn’t convinced; Hana heard him step closer to her and grab her by the arm before dragging her into an aisle where coincidentally the changing rooms were. Hana’s back thudded against the wall of one of them as Sehun pulled the curtains closed and turned to the woman.
 
“Is something wrong?”
 
Again Sehun asked her the question and Hana couldn’t help but squirm uncomfortably under his gaze. “Why would there be anything wrong? And why are we inside a changing room?” she chose to reply and looked over his shoulder at the wavy, velvet curtains, reminding her of the red walls of Blackjack. Sehun sidestepped so he was in her line of vision and moved closer.
 
“Privacy, and I don’t know. I just saw you looking around a little lost earlier and I couldn’t help but—” he chopped his sentence and somewhat shrugged. “Is this awkward? I mean this whole shopping for kids’ clothes, is it weird?” he waved his arms around as much as the little cubicle allowed him. Hana couldn’t help but let out a soundless chuckle, as to suppress whatever was bubbling in her memory. “Why would it be weird?”
 
Sehun ruffled his light hair, seemingly annoyed with himself. “I don’t know, I feel like you’re not entirely comfortable and that’s making me uncomfortable and honestly just doubt whether this whole thing was a good idea or not, and frankly realize that I acted on impulse and didn’t thi—”
 
Once again his sentence was cut off but this time it was because of Hana. Their lips molded into a soft kiss with her clutching to the front of his coat to pull him closer to her. Sehun was surprised for a moment but soon after lost himself in Hana, and mindlessly placed his palms next to her head against the wall to steady himself. Seconds went by before Hana pulled away, a small smile on her reddened lips.
 
“It’s sweet that you’re worried but I’m fine,” she reassured the blond. Sehun’s eyes opened at her reply and locked with Hana’s. He remained silent as he searched her face for any signs but couldn’t seem to find any; his hand found her cheek and caressed it gently as he rest his forehead against hers. “Alright,” he muttered against Hana’s lips and rest his eyes. Hana found it cute when he fussed over her; it was so out of character that she was amazed every time it happened. She had already known him for almost half a year but she was lucky enough to get to know him on a new level and see sides of him she didn’t know he had—this being one of them. It made her giddy, but at the same time, guilty—especially now.
 
Her grip tightened over Sehun’s coat as she curved her head up, kissing the blond a little harder this time. Somewhere along the way, Sehun had cupped her cheeks and deepened their kiss by slanting his head to fit his lips better over Hana’s. Maybe it was the added fuel of them not exactly being allowed to do this in a fitting room but Hana felt anxious. She wasn’t sure whether it was because of the turn of events today or the whirlwind of emotions inside of her but something did the trick.
 
As if Sehun noticed the way Hana seemed to hold back—even though she had initiated it herself—he moved away with a last kiss and showed a small smile. “Come on,” he her cheek once before slipping his hand into Hana’s and checking if the coast was clear for them to exit the changing room. Hana stared at the back of his head, somewhat confused of her own actions, and Sehun. She didn’t know if he was truly aware of anything but if he did, he chose to ignore it and Hana made sure to appreciate that as she followed him back to their mission of finding some proper kids’ clothes.
 
 
 
Hana noticed that the music had lowered since they left. Instead of the constant beat of songs, now she could make out various voices communicating with each other at the back of the club at the bar. Sehun and Hana had left the Hanhae’s new clothes and the suits in the car and entered through the front entrance, having an instant overview of the club. Hana almost immediately recognized the dark-haired woman who was seated next to Jongdae at the bar.
 
“Mom? What are you doing here?” he asked when he was close enough to realize who were sitting there, Hana on his heels. “Oh, Sehun, Hana,” Suhyun turned in her seat, smiling brightly and happily accepted a kiss from her son on her cheek. Hana followed suit and smiled at Hanhae who was napping in his grandmother’s lap, and his head. “You told me you would pass Blackjack before coming over so after my meeting I thought I’d come and check the place out during the day,” she smiled at Sehun and nodded impressed. “Minseok has undoubtedly outdone himself.”
 
The mentioned man smiled flattered and shook his head. “It wouldn’t be such a success without my great crew, Miss Oh. Sehun has been a very valuable asset to Blackjack. We wouldn’t have it any other way.”
 
“-up,” Hana could make out what Jongdae subtly coughed out, and chuckled. Still feeling a little out of it, Hana approached Suhyun and held out her hands. “May I?” she asked; Suhyun was quick to understand what she wanted and handed a dozed-off Hanhae to her son’s girlfriend. She smiled and turned her attention to Sehun, joining the conversation again. “I’m happy my son has finally found a place where he belongs,” she said and the blond’s cheek fondly. Sehun showed her a small smile and placed a hand on his mother’s shoulder, squeezing it lightly before looking at his boss. “Do you need me tonight? Because I actually wanted to take my mom and Hanhae out for dinner.”
 
Minseok thought for a moment, glancing at Joonmyeon. “It’s Saturday so I expect it to be packed, though.”
 
“That’s okay, I’ll cover for you,” Hana interjected when she saw Sehun’s faltering expression, and glanced at Minseok. “If it’s okay with you?” she asked her boss, lightly bouncing Hanhae in her arms. Minseok seemed like he wanted to say something but the sight of Hana like this truly pulled on his heartstrings so he let it slide. “Sure, if you don’t mind,” he showed her a smile and looked at Sehun. “Then it’s settled.”
 
Sehun glanced at Hana, unsure, retracting his hand from his mother’s shoulder to take a step closer to his girlfriend. “Are you sure? You know you can come with us,” he asked her and gently pushed away a strand of Hana’s fringe behind her ear. She nodded and gestured at his mother. “You deserve a night with her,” she smiled. Sehun held their eye contact for another moment before he leaned in and pressed their lips together in a loving and thankful kiss. Hana smiled against his lips but moved away too quickly for Sehun’s liking and looked down at Hanhae in her arms.
 
“I’ll never get used to this,” Joonmyeon winced at Sehun and threw a wet cloth at him. “Nobody asked you to,” Sehun countered playfully and skillfully caught the cloth, flinging it back instantly. Somehow they ended up bickering together with Minseok about the essence of hygiene behind the bar, so Hana just zoned them out and smiled at Suhyun who she caught looking at her.
 
“It looks good on you,” Sehun’s mother commented and glanced at her grandson. Hana could only smile at the compliment and tightened her hold on the boy the slightest, making him stir in his nap. Suhyun had stood up from her seat and moved to stand next to Hana. “Can’t wait to have little ones of your own?” she smiled at the woman, and Hanhae’s unruly black locks. Again Hana’s chest constricted at the dull pain that pressed on her lungs, and she couldn’t help her eyes from searching for Sehun who was standing behind the bar, the ache worsening at his bright smile.
 
“Definitely.”
 

AN; [18.7.15] HELLO HI WOW OK AM I STILL WELCOME OR. my summer break has officially started guys and i finally have a little time to de-stress from everything going on lately. school starts at the beginning of september again so i hope to squeeze in an update before that! this story is off hiatus as of today~~
on to this chapter~~ its a huge wordvomit that i hope you guys somewhat understand?? you all may know how i like double meanings but nobody ever seems to understand them so i adjusted my writing a little to make it easier i guess. the other chapters were mostly focusing on the one character that was important but in this one it was needed as sort of ~~~hints~~~ that i hope you will understand what might be coming in the next chapter of hana and her history/background... i mean..... theres that........ .-.
ON TO YOU GUYS how have you all been! (((THANK YOU BTW FOR THE ONES THAT LEFT SWEET COMMENTS BEFORE I ANNOUNCED MY HIATUS!))) has summer break started for you as well and are you enjoyng?? maybe are you guys going somewhere on a holiday trip? i would like to get to know you guys so for starters i would love to know where all of you are from! like, there are a thousand of you guys so it must be everywhere in the world right? im curious hohohoho so comment below with your country and maybe your thoughts on this chapter~~~ <3