SoT Outtake 2

Snippets of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Didn't go through either of the beta, pardon any grammar or syntax error. It was braindead editing after work. On to the outtake! 

Snippets of Time Outtake— Sooyoung, Nicknames and a Little Prank

“You sure?” 

“Yep!” 

“No… not really, Yoong.” 

The plan was as dubious as it could get. However, repeated persuasion from Sooyoung did nothing to deter Yoona. She remained adamant, insistent and very very sure of herself. 

The only thing her eight year old brain could process was ‘this gonna be fun’. Everything was classic Yoona— doe-eyes and playful glint.

“But… she’s old!”

“Yep?” 

“Umm, and old people are like…” Sooyoung scratched her head, trying her very best to find a suitable word,” I dunno. They’re no fun.” 

“Unnie’s fun! She gave me the special name!” 

Yoona giggled and started prancing around excitedly, rattling off the details of her plan yet again. It sounded incoherent but Yoona said it with such confidence that it actually sounded plausible. 

Realizing that she was unable to prevent this disaster from brewing, Sooyoung smacked a palm to her forehead. 

“A red sharpie won’t work!” 

“Yes it will!” 

“Urg.”

“GAHHHH!”

Yoona roared back at her bestie, pulling the sides of wide. Sooyoung facepalmed yet again.

Might as well go down together. 

“I hope she doesn’t dislike me because of this...” 

“Unnie will lurve you!” 

“Ummm. I don’t think so, Yoong.” 

“You like my special name too, unnie will lurve you lots!” 

Sooyoung looked not a single bit assured. Nothing about this plan sparked confidence in her but she had the pride and duty of a bestie. She would support Yoona even it spelled out doom in bold letters. 

“Soooooo…” Yoona brandished her trusty sharpie, “I’ll do this and we just wait.” 

Sooyoung glanced at Yoona doodling red on herself, positive that the plan would fail. It screamed failure in so many forms but there she was squatting at the turn of the street, amidst weird stares from passers-by. 

“Soon… sooooooooooon~” 

Yoona peeked out anxiously, anticipating Jessica’s presence any moment. Seconds turned into minutes and all Yoona did was mutter that same word and it became increasingly obvious that the little kid’s patience was drying up. 

“Where’s unnie?!” Yoona snapped her head back to question Sooyoung. 

“Whut?” 

“Where’s unnie!!”

“How’d I know?!” 

“Hmph!” 

With a huff, Yoona turned her attention back to the street. Random teenagers walked passed, chatting and laughing, but Jessica was not to be found. 

“Maybe God doesn’t want you to pull this prank.” 

“Nope, I don’t believe that,” Yoona shrugged keeping her eyes trained on the streets, and almost immediately after, she got her reward, “Unnie’s here! Sooyoung! Unnie’s here!” 

Pricking up her ears at the mention of ‘unnie’, Sooyoung got up from her position and peeked out from above Yoona. She had heard so much about this ‘unnie’, but this would be the first time she actually see the legendary unnie in flesh. Somehow, Jessica had managed to stay under Sooyoung’s radar for all this time. 

She must be an invisible woman, Sooyoung had thought to herself at one point. 

But the moment Sooyoung laid her eyes on Jessica, something strange happened. It was almost like a switch flicked and following that, her brain shut down in haste. All she could do was stare at Jessica, who was in her school uniform. 

Jessica was more like the Pied Piper than the Invisible Woman. 

“...look real and… Hello?” Yoona waved her hand rapidly before smacking her friend hard on the back, “Are you sleeping or something?!”

“Huh, what? No… I just thought you unnie’s...” Sooyoung shrugged as she wavered and trailed off, keeping the uncertain pretty inside her head, “Start the plan now?”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter