What Hurts The Most

Wonders of a Teenage Girl

Taking my hand in his, Junsu started to gently speak to me.

"Mi, after we found out that Minho did that, Nichkhun and Wooyoung told the rest of us, excluding Taecyeon. We didn't want to upset him more. So the five of us, visited Yoona's home one day, to talk. When we got there, Yoona's parent told us that Yoona had not lived with them for a while. They told us that she had been hospitalized for the last year. She had brain cancer, they said. We were so busy tring to find out what Minho was up to that we hadn't even noticed that Yoona quit as her condition became more serious."


Junsu sighed, guiltily. "We didn't know anything and we were acussing her. When we visited her in the hospital, she ran from us. Ran from us Mi...... someone that was our friend of two full years was horrified at the sight of us. Later she said that she didn't want us to see her in this state. We talked and we did get all the misunderstandings out of the way. Yoona's family was very poor and could not support her financially.  That's when Minho offered her money in exchange for being his fake girlfriend. She accepted, because she needed the money and she didn't know that Taec would find out. She couldn't back out later. We were close to tears by the end of Yoona's story and of course Wooyoung was in the corner crying a waterfall. A few days later, Yoona died. Although Minho's money lengthened her life, nothing could save her at the end. We all attended her funeral, but Taec never found. He thought that Yoona died of a heart problem. He also never knew Minho's true identity. Taec still hates Minho only because he took Yoona from him.

After Junsu stopped talking, I just sat there. My hands glued to my sides, my mouth paralyzed. How could Minho do this? Where was the adorable Minho I met on the plane? I realized what I had to do.

"Give me my phone." I whispered.

Nichkhun quickly handed me my cell phone. I scrolled through the list of contacts until I found it.

 

 

Calling 'Minho'

 

 


"Hello? Mi, I was so worried! How are y-"

"Minho, we need to talk."

".......Ok....."

 

 


2PM~2PM~2PM~2PM~2PM~2PM

 

 

Taec's POV

I sat in the cold, metal chair while staring at my half-eaten sandwhich.

"Come on, hyung!" Wooyoung said cheerfully. "Mi's going to be okay!!! She's not going to die! You don't have to look so serious!"

Looking over my reaction, Chansung took it upon himself to lead Wooyoung away. "Hyunggg~ buy me some banana milk~"

As they left, skipping and holding hands (A/N: lol -_- chanwoo!), Junho gave me a firm glance.

"Hyung, you okay?"

I sighed. Nobody would understand my pain...

"Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking."

Junho nodded and a blanket of silence continued. Then he spoke up once again.

"It's tomorrow, isn't it?" Junho asked.

"Yeah...."

Tears were threatening to spill over. Tomorrow. The anniversary of my first love's death. The day of her last breath. The day when her smile ceased and her milky white skin turned lifeless. Her beautiful hair lost its volume and lusciousness and her voice lost all words. Although she never said so, I knew she loved me too. I didn't even get to hear those words. That's what hurts the most.

 

 


Yoona...... I miss you.....