Cold Love

Wonders of a Teenage Girl

The palely lit hospital room seemed more dreary than before. I was lying in my bed, waiting for Minho to come. Taecyeon....... Minho........ What do I do? Minho's my hot boyfriend that's backstabbing my brother's beloved band and Taecyeon....... Taecyeon used me and the feelings I used to have for him to make Minho mad. Am I not important to anyone? Both of them are just using me to aggravate each other......

A few minutes after the clock stuck midnight, I heard the slight shuffling of shoes outside my room.

"Mi?" A gentle knock resounded through the door. "Mi, can I come in?"

I straightened up in bed, swishing my hair past my shoulders, and making sure nothing was on my face.

"Come in."

The door opened to reveal Minho's tall lean body. Minho gazed straight at me and strolled in, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"Mi, you okay? You didn't sound so good on the phone."

"Minho. Sit down."

Minho pulled up a chair to the side of the bed, gazing at me softly.

"Mi, is everything alright?"

"Its fine Minho. I just needed to talk to you."

His eyebrows furrowed even more, and his mouth turned down into a small frown.

"What is this about Mi?" Minho said, his tone suddenly rash sounding. "I don't have a lot of time."

Everyone just doesn't have time for me, huh?

"So you don't have time for your girlfriend?!" I yelled. "Tell me the truth! I'm sick of lies!"

"Mi, calm down. Let's just talk."

"No! You don't get it!! My brother is telling me that you are trying to sabotage him and 2pm!" I cried. Tears were welling up in my eyes.

Minho's face changed automatically. His eyes, loving turned stony. His face seemed as if he had experienced a depression. His high cheekbones and flushed skin looked gaunt and pale.

"That's not true, Mi. I'm not using you; I love you."

I paused thinking about what he had said.

I whispered. "I never said anything about using me."

Minho froze. Then, he changed again.

Gruffly, Minho retaliated. "Mi, come with me." He grabbed my wrist roughly, pulling me out of my position in bed. A searing pain rushed up my arm, and I could feel it all the way to my toes. His burning eyes hurt more than my wrist. What is going on?

"Minho, stop it! It hurts."

Ignoring my words, he pulled even harder. "Come on, Mi I have to talk to you outside."

I dug my heels into the hard tiled floor. "I'm not going outside with you! We can finish this conversation in here!"

He turned around, facing his stony eyes back on me. "Mi, you are coming outside with me," he said in a gruff voice. "Let's go."

Enraged, I flung his arm from my wrist. "Stop it Minho! I'm not going with you! We're over!"

I felt a rush of pure terror, as his strong hand came towards my face. The sound of his hand striking my face resonated throughout the hospital room, along with the slamming of the now open room door. My hands reflexively flew to my face. H-how could he? Minho......

"Get away from her." Growling at Minho, Taecyeon stormed in from the open door.

Taecyeon rushed to us and pushed Minho away from me. Feeling protected, I slowly scooted behind Taec's strong back.

"What's wrong with you?" Taecyeon shouted. "You have some freaking problems, slapping Mi like that!"

Minho just stood there, allowing Taecyeon to push him around. His angry frown had been replace by a small smirk. His eyes looked at nothing but Taecyeon's eyes,  challenging him to start something. 

Taec, realizing he was gonna get nothing but a smirk, stopped yelling and talked in an eery calm tone. "Get out. Don't talk to Mi and stay away from us."

Minho, shaken out of his trance, stalked out of the door after throwing a final glance at me. His eyes, cold and unforgiving. I shivered in my thin hospital clothes. His eyes...... so...... dead.

As soon as Minho shut the door after him, muscular arms found their way around me. Startled, I released the waterfall of tears in my eyes in his arms. I knew in my heart that Taec wasn't in a better position than Minho. They both used me to make each other mad.

But just at that moment, I loved that feeling. A pure, blissful feeling. Maybe it was because Minho had just harrassed me. Maybe it was because I felt a little hazy like before. Maybe it was because the people I loved, couldn't be trusted. For whatever reason, I liked being in Taec's arms.

 

 

His protection.

 

 

 

His serenity.

 

 

 

His love.