Conflict

Boy Who Cried Love

Sehun stared at the weeping man in front of him. The man whom he thought was strong is now on his knees crying for his lost.

He wanted to cry too, he wanted to mourn. But everything is so sudden that it hasn’t sunk in his head yet.

His mother is gone? Sehun couldn’t fathom anything. How? Why? What? He wanted to ask these questions but no words would come out of his mouth. Sehun looked at each person in the room finding all their head hung low.

How many hours did he sleep? How long has his mother perished?

Sehun felt dizzy with all the questions in his head. He stood up and is now the center of all the attention. His father too stood up to meet the level of his son which is quiet impossible because Sehun is now taller than him.

He wondered when he’d grown so much, and then it hit him that he hasn’t been taking care of his son ever since he lost his daughter. Now he made a promise to himself. We should start over, this is what you want right, honey? I’m going to do the things I should have done before now. He’s all I have left. His father thought positively but their next conversation crushed all his hopes for a new beginning with him.

“What did you do to her?” Sehun looked straight to his father’s eyes.

“What?” His father said, surprised by Sehun’s sudden anger.

“It’s you. It’s you, right Abeoji? You’re the reason why eomma passed away!” Sehun said coldly.

“What are you talking about Sehun? I’m not the one who made her sick!”

“YES YOU ARE! If it wasn’t for you noona would still be here, if you just let her go with Seunggi hyung she could have been happy and alive! If it wasn’t for all your over protectiveness noona would still be with me and eomma wouldn’t fell ill!—“ *Slap!*

Shocked was written all over their faces when Luhan slapped Sehun. Even Sehun turned to look at his favorite hyung who had just slapped him hard.

“Don’t blame your father for what happened to Yoona. You know it was an accident, Sehun. No one can be blamed.”

Betrayed, is what Sehun felt when Luhan spoke. He touched his cheek and smirked. He looked at luhan coldly and spoke in the same tone he had just used to his father.

“Wow, so you’re on his side now. I’m impressed hyung, so much for trying to please your suppose to be father-in-law,” sarcasm and mockery are obvious in Sehun’s voice, “So bad no one can stop her. Noona wanted to flee with Seunggi hyung because she doesn’t love you. You were just a friend to her. So when she found out Abeoji had arranged her marriage to you and that you were planning to propose on our supposed trip to the Philippines, she immediately called Seunggi hyung.”

“Stop it.” Luhan looked away, it hurts now even than before.

“Why hyung? Don’t want to hear how you and Abeoji chased their car that led them to the accident?”

“Stop it now, Oh Sehun,” Now it was his father who spoke, “Stop it now or I’ll really have you out of the house.”

Sehun chuckled then looked straight at his father, “Abeoji, did you forgot that I already left? I came here for Eomma, not some old hag who only cares about his filthy wealth.”

“Watch your words Sehun, I didn’t taught you that—“

“Didn’t taught me? Of course Abeoji, of course it’s not you who taught me. I taught myself, because my own father left me when I needed him the most. I was lucky I still have a mother during those times.” The reality shattered Sehun and he stopped talking for a while.

The thought shut Sehun’s mind. The wound is fresh and open. And then he remembered he doesn’t know where his mother was.

“Where did you take eomma?”

 

“She’s in the morgue, the cremation is not until later.” It was Suho who answered him, his father was stunned over Sehun’s words. He is guilty of course, he knew he should have been there for him. But he helplessly watched his daughter die, he couldn’t handle that.

The room became silent after that, everyone was just standing staring at something. No one said a word until Sehun’s father spoke, “I told the nurses we’ll use this room while waiting for the cremation. I’ll send you food for all of you. I’ll leave for now, call me when the time comes.”

“Off you go to our golden cavern.” Sehun said sarcastically without looking at his father. And as the saying ‘Like father, like son’ goes, his father left without saying anything.

After his father was out of the room, noise came to take his place. Condolences here and there, they were just afraid of Sehun’s father. Now that he’s out of their sight they all sat on whatever they can sit on and started talking about something.

While everyone is keeping themselves busy with talking or doing anything they can think of. Two men are distant and silent.

Luhan was beside the window looking out while Sehun sitted at the chair he was in before and stared at nothing.

Being the observant he is, Xiumin noticed there is still tension between the two. So he called for the others attention silently without Luhan and Sehun noticing.

The guys huddled together pretending to play, thankful that Sehun and Luhan put their earphones on.

 “What should we do? They look like they are not going to speak to each other for a while.” Xiumin stated.

“I suggest throw them off the building tied together.” Everyone turned to look at Kai like he is crazy.

“Just kidding! Geez. But seriously, what should we do?”

“I actually sort of agree with tying them together.” Now it was Kyungsoo they all have their attention at.

“Are you two drunk or high or what?” All their eyes turned to Lay like he just said something absurd.

“Hyung, sometimes you speak to yourself.” Tao said.

“I don’t Tao, I compose songs. And why is this suddenly about me? D.O-yah, why did you agree with Kai?”

Now everyone’s attention is back to D.O. He looks helplessly small among the group but looks can be deceiving they say.

 “I didn’t completely agree with him, just the tying and together part.” He explained.

“Elaborate.” Kris said.

D.O looked at Sehun whose eyes are now close then Luhan who is so into the view. Then told everyone to get closer and elaborated his plan to get the two back in good terms. 

 

"You think that's gonna work?" Suho asked worriedly.

"Trust me, hyung." D.O smirked at the older guy.

"Well, let's hope for a good outcome and eat now shall we? The food is waiting." Sunggyu said and all the others stood up and hurried for the food.

Disturbed by the sudden louder noise, Sehun and Luhan looked at the guys queuing for the food. Then they glance at each other then looked away faster than you can say, "good terms".