CHAPTER 5 – Mr. Wu Part 1

Countdown

[Yi Fan’s POV]

 

                The smile never left my lips until I arrived home. It felt good. The feeling is new but it’s far from anything unsettling. My Myeonnie-baby is just so cute. He took me out from my world and slowly dragged me to his own. I was starting to feel more alive since I met him. The tingling sensation in the pit of my stomach every time he tried to throw ‘intimidating’ remarks was making me smile. People would normally see that as bullying, but to me, they’re just useless words. Thanks to my dad. Oh yeah. I remembered, we agreed to have a talk. I stepped inside the house and greeted my mom who was working her magic in the kitchen. She has the ability to make rubbish to a delicacy. I loved her food so much. It was one of the reasons that I despise fast food.

                I walked to her with a smile and kissed her cheek as I greet her a good evening. She smiled and returned to cooking. We chatted about our day for about fifteen minutes until we heard their room door shut. Dad came down the stairs and I greeted him.

                “Hi dad.” I smiled at him. He patted my back and smiled widely. He came near mom’s work of art, which was the food, and engulfed mom in a tight embrace. I smiled, seeing my parents sweetly treating each other. It’s amazing how they remained like that, considering that they grew up together. Aren’t they tired of each other’s faces? I laughed internally.

                Mom spoke, “Your son and I were having this conversation about this guy that he’s growing to like. And, he meet some new acquaintances.” She beamed. Yep, they know my preference.

                “Really? Who’s the lucky guy?” dad said.

                “We’re on the same batch. His name is Suho. He’s a Kim. And he’s…he’s so cute.” I said, trying to hide my flushed face by drowning myself with the lemon juice that mom squeezed for me. My goofy parents decided to troll me when they noticed my flustered expression.

                “Oh great! We have to invite him here. We should meet our future son-in-law!“my mom said. My dad clapped his hand and pointed a finger in the air as he act as if he had formulated the best solution for a nation’s poverty. I spurted my drink and glared at them. The freakin’ lemon juice squirted through my nose!

                “He definitely should visit here and congratulate him. I was thinking that my son was aual. I guess he did some great seductive moves to make you hard.” Dad said tapping my shoulder in a satisfied manner. The hell? He even swayed his hips from side to side, as he approached my mother.

                “Da! Stop it!” I whined.

                “Awwww. It’s been a whie since you called your father like that..” mom said, holding her hands near her chest in adoration.

                “Eh?” I said dumbly.

                “Awww. Come to daddy, you 22 year-old baby.” Dad cooed. I grimaced, making them laugh. I loved them so much. The news about me, making friends, lifted their spirits up. They always wanted me to have friends, considering our indefinite transfers in the past. However, dad’s case scared me so much. I was always worried of them meeting my dad. I do not know if he’s going to treat me weirdly if ever I would decide to bring them here. He said we’ll talk. I guessed this is the right time, right? After our laughing fit, I excused myself so I can change to clothes that are more comfortable. I sighed deeply as I skipped down the stairs to the kitchen.

                They were setting the table for dinner. I helped dad with the plates as mom scooped for the food. I looked at my parents and smiled. Something crossed my mind and clicked. Dad! He’s not given me treatment since I came home! Oh my god! He’s abducted and I have an alien for a dad in front of me! I chose to keep quiet and saved the talk for when we are eating.

                The rich aroma of mom’s chicken dish wafted throughout the dining area. We all inhaled the soothing feel it gave off and then we laughed at our action. We said our graces and began stuffing ourselves with the delectable meal. We ate in silence, slipping some remarks and small dialogues until I asked the jackpot question.

                “Uhmm…dad?” I began.

                “Hmmmm?” he hummed in response. Both of them slowed down with eating.

                “Well, I just wanted to, you know…ask about why you-“ I gulped and continued. “Why you act that way to me?” I said, holding my breath as I wait for his response.

                Without looking at me he said, “Do you have bullies at school? Or anyone who tried to say something unpleasant to you?” I raised a brow and then narrowed my eyes a bit.

                “To be honest, whenever you act that way and say those things to me, I feel more bullied here than at school. But because you, I think, are one heck of a crazed dad you redeem yourself all the time. So far, no stupid remarks from those imp-brained jocks got to my nerves. Thanks to your colorful showers of flowery remarks, I got used to ignoring it dad.” I blurted all out, tearing up a bit, with a hint of sarcasm. Phew!

                Dad chuckled and mom smiled. Then he said, “Well, I guess it’s served its purpose already.”

                I looked at him in disbelief, stuffing my mouth with more food. Goodness! Mom should let the world taste her food. it’s no joke. They burst out laughing when they saw my face. Then I noticed that my face was becoming sticky from the smeared sauce in my face. Was I dozing off?

                “It’s better that way, Fannie. You are a big guy now. At least, the situations that dad has put you through helped you be composed, patient and strong.” Mom said wearingly all of a sudden. Then she sighed in relief.

                “I thought this won’t come to an end. I guessed now we can say that you’ve grown up?” she said, looking lovingly at dad and me. She held my hand and squeezed it. I smiled. I also sighed in relief.

                “Now, you can confidently invite your little boyfriend to dinner soon.” Dad said, wiggling his brows. I face palmed. He’s crazy, really. The dinner ended well. We cleaned the table all together and bid our good nights.

                I skipped back to my room, happy that my life would be fine from this night onwards. I heard mom shout from the kitchen, “No running upstairs young man. You’re no five years old.” I shouted a quick sorry and jumped to my bed. No need to worry about a furious-sounding dad. My life would be on the right track. I wanted to celebrate this event! I was in the middle of rolling in my bed, ruining the blankets and making some things fall when my phone beeped. I sat up and dived through my blankets to look for my phone. Stupid blankets!

                I felt it beside my knees and looked at the screen. Wholly crapped meadows! My Myeonnie-baby texted me! I knew he would miss me. This day can’t get any better! But that’s what I thought.

 

To: Fannie babe

From: Myeonnie babe

   Tao said I have to bring you to our get-together or they will beat me up to pulp. Wait for me tomorrow, after class and we’ll go back here at home for the party. Kfly! - _ -

I quickly typed my reply.

 

        To: Myeonnie babe

        From: Fannie babe

                         Sure, babe! Are you gonna sleep now? Sleep later, let’s talk. ^^,

 

I tapped my phone as I wait for his reply. Not a minute passed, my phone beeped again.

 

To: Fannie babe

From: Myeonnie babe

    Aish! Stop it! I’m not a baby nor a piglet! I didn’t say anything about sleeping already. What if I don’t wanna talk to you?

 

I just smiled widely at his reply. It took me a minute to process his mention about a piglet. I laughed and typed in my reply.

 

To: Myeonnie babe

       From: Fannie babe

    Then you will be my baby or my piglet. I don’t really mind, though. You’ll talk to me because I know you want to, just as much as I wanted too. ;-)

 

I smiled at my confession, satisfied at how manly that sounded. My phone beeped again.

 

To: Fannie babe

From: Myeonnie babe

    I don’t want to be a pig. I may be in the city but I don’t want to be called like that. Your endearment will do. Now, talk. >_<

 

I felt my face beginning to hurt from smiling so wide. I hurriedly typed my reply.

 

To: Myeonnie babe

       From: Fannie babe

    Myeonnie. Happy? I’m also happy…very much. ^_^

 

I don’t know what’s running in his mind, but I really love this feelings he’s giving me. And it’s just a freaking text conversation! My phone beeped.

 

To: Fannie babe

From: Myeonnie babe

    Enough! What’re you happy about? Happy you’re doing this to me?

I hate you!

I hate you!

I hate you!

I hate you!

I hate you!

I hate you!

 

YiFannie

 

My eyes widened when I saw the endearment. It took me five minutes to recover from the shock. I was about to reply but then, my phone beeped again.

 

To: Fannie babe

From: Myeonnie babe

    Shut up! Don’t ever mention anything from that message! ArgH! So annoying! Good night! > O <

 

p.s.

don’t forget about the party. Get permission from your parents and bring comfortable change of clothes.

 

p.p.s.

 do not EVER talk about this to anyone or else I’ll break your beautiful nose!

 

 


 

There. I hope You like it guys. I thin it's kinda short? Please bear with it.. Thank you! Subscribe, upvote

 and comment. ^_^

 

Please tell me what you think.. >_<