CHAPTER 1 – Kiss Me Slowly…or not!

Countdown

                “Yah! Faster, earthling! You’re on my way.”

               

                “I’m very sorry.”

               

                “Hey, don’t be too hard on the kid. Yi Fan, it is okay. You can go.”

 

               “Thank you, sunbae.”

 

                “You’re too hard on him, Suho.” Lay said.

 

                “What? I was just messing with him. Did you see his face? For a big guy, he could have punched me. But he won’t, so I like it. He’s hilarious and I really like his reactions.” Suho said happily.

 

                “You’re sealing him in. He’s barely talking anymore.” Lay scolded. Before he could nag Suho more, the bell rang already.

 

                The two guys made their way to their rooms. Suho headed for his Chemistry. Lay, on the other hand, made his way to the library. The guy works there as an intern.

 

[Suho’s POV]

               

                Chemistry. Chemistry. If not for you being the reason behind my amazing body spray, I wouldn’t care learning about you for all my morning today! Mr. Do Kyungsoo is just blabbering in front of the class. Miraculously, the class is attentive whenever he’s the teacher. But, I barely kept my attention to class this time. That Yi Fan guy was a bit off today. How did I know? Well, I keep track on the people I ‘interact’ with. He’s too hilarious today. Something was definitely off about him. It’s like he’s there, yet he’s not there. You know what I mean? Argh! It’s frustrating me.

                “Mr. Kim. Mind sharing your thoughts with the rest of the class? You were scratching your head like some insane primate back there.” Mr. Do said, making the class laugh. you, Yi Fan. You did this.

                “I’m sorry, sir. I was just trying to compress your lessons in my tiny brain, thank you.” I said sarcastically. He looked at me and started laughing. Nice. Very nice. Laugh all you want, owl-sir!

                “Oh come on. I know better that something’s bothering you.” He said. “Talk to me after this class.” As if on cue, the bell rang loudly, signaling for lunch break. My annoyed expression softened as I approached Kyungie.

                “Hyung, you’re distant today.” Kyungie said, giving me a small smile. I sighed.

                “Sorry, genius boy. I can’t keep my mind off Yi Fan today.” I said honestly.

                “Hmmm? What’s with tall-hyung?” he said questioningly. I laughed.

                “For a genius teacher like you, you sure act your age.” I said ruffling his hair. He giggling.

                “I’m still young, okay? I just graduated a lot earlier than you. Hyung. Teaching is tiring.” He sighed deeply.

                “That’s what you get for being too smart. For a nineteen year old boy, could have been enjoying your teenage days. Next year, you won’t be in the bracket anymore.” I said.

                “I love what I’m doing. Besides, I can’t mess around like how you do it. I can’t have my mom chasing me around like what your mom’s doing.” I smacked his head.

                “Yah. What was that for?” he exclaimed. “Serves you right.” I teased. He glared at me playfully.

                “Yi Fan-hyung,” He started, “what about him, hyung?”

                “Well, I think I came like the guy now.” I said without hesitation.

                “Oh? I like him too, you know. He’s smart and tall. A bit lazy and awkward, but he’s okay.”

                “Pabo. I mean, I like like him.” He looked at me with wider eyes, questioningly raising his brow. I nodded.

                “Yeah. I like him in that way.” I smiled.

                “You like him…but you bully him.” He started, “and you laugh at him and scare him. Nice way of expressing your feelings, hyung” he chuckled.

                “It’s called ‘grabbing his attention’, okay?” I said.

                “O-kay. This is getting awkward.” Kyungie laughed. “I’m hungry, so let’s go and eat. My crocodiles are nagging me already.” He said.

                “Aish! This kid.” I said, shaking my head.

 

[Yi Fan’s POV]

>Earlier this morning, before going to school<

 

                Breathe properly. Just keep it in. Do not lose it. Stay still. It will end soon. This is what I’ve been always telling myself whenever he’s doing this. He’s been like this since who knows when.

                “Get out of there, you little !” Dad screamed behind the door.

                “I’m 6 feet 1 or something, dad. I’m far from little.” I shouted back.

                “Shut up! Get out of there! Now, head!” he said angrily.

                “I swear, you’re too loud, dad.” I said as I open the door. When he came in to view, he knocked me down the floor. Then he started giggling.

                “Aish! Dad, grow up! Why are you always like this? You sure you’re not bipolar or something?” I scolded him. You see, dad’s been this weird ever since my brain started working. He calls me names and shouts at me whenever we’re not seeing each other. Just like now. He was calling me names because my door’s locked and we are not seeing each other’s faces. But, when we’re face to face, he switches to MY DAD. I once asked mom if dad’s crazy, but she said he’s normal. I remembered saying, “Wow, mom! If dad’s normal in that case, then maybe we are aliens in this planet.

                The doctors also said that he’s normal. I just had to sigh.

                “Are you ready for school?” dad asked as he moved to stand up. I followed him.

                “Yes. I’ve been ready since thirty minutes ago.” I said as I grab my bag.

 

***

>School grounds<

 

 

                I was walking to my class. I swear dad’s giving me the best headache every morning. The kid called my father is the clingiest person EVER! When we’re face to face, that is. I was holding my throbbing head when someone suddenly spoke loudly.

 

                “Yah! Faster, earthling! You’re on my way.” My squish-ball Suho said.

               

                “I’m very sorry.” I said and bowed to him slightly. He startled me, my goodness.

               

                “Hey, don’t be too hard on him. Yi Fan, it is okay. You can go.” Yixng said.

               

                “Thank you, sunbae.” I said. I was a transferee so I had to pay my respects to them.

 

                I walked away from the two of them before I started gawking at Suho. He’s too cute for his own good. Acting tough. Hah! He maybe thinks that I’m scared of him but I can squish him like a squishy squish-worthy thing.

                I had developed a very unhealthy infatuation to that squish-ball since last year. It was in the middle of the school year and we had to move from my old hometown to Seoul. I was freaking out that time because I thought my dad committed a crime, so we need to hide from the cops. But to my relief, the goof-dad of mine was actually promoted and was designated to the main branch of their company. The privileges of the company include free education for the son(s)/daughter(s) of the employee on their exclusive school. Rich people.

                Now you know why I am here. Why I had to be the new kid and suffer the so-called bullying from the squish-ball named Joonmyeon a.k.a. Suho. It was like infatuation at first sight. I could not say yet that I would come to love him. He’s too stuck up. Too many walls to break. And I, knowing myself, am too lazy to act on it. Heck, I cannot find the push button for me to be not lazy. Making friends? Nah, I’m too lazy to talk. No one tried to approach me again casually after I ignored the jocks from the basketball team, football team and baseball team. Told you I’m too lazy.

                With my laziness and all, I find it so much amusing whenever Suho tries to ‘interact’ with me. Every day, he’s becoming more and more adorable and squishy in my sight.

 

***

 

                History ended when the bell for lunch rang loudly. I decided to drag my feet to the cafeteria. It’s Thursday and I have no class until 2 in the afternoon. I want to sleep at the rooftop after grabbing some lunch. Peace and quiet can help ease the headache from my goof-dad’s scene. I swear, he’s not making it any easier for my health. It’s like I am dealing with a mental patient. He’s a jerk and a dork in one body.

                I got two pizza slices and a can of diet coke from the cafeteria. I was making my way to the rooftop when I felt slightly dizzy. I tried to walk faster. It’s better, right? The faster I get there, the earlier I get to rest. Logical? Whatever.

 

***

                Yi Fan is fast asleep on the flat surface of the rooftop. The sun is hidden by the clouds, making a nice cool atmosphere for a sleepy lazy . The door opened, but Yi Fan did not budge. Footsteps can be heard approaching the sleeping boy, but the said guy is asleep.

                Suho gasped when he came to see the face of the intruder. The rooftop is his self-proclaimed private territory. Now, he is having a mental breakdown because his ‘love’ is in his territory, sleeping like sleeping beauty, with Adams apple and a muscular arm. Suho shook his head, trying to shake the dirty thoughts away. He sat beside Yi Fan and made no sound. He is trying to avoid looking at Yi Fan’s sleeping face, but his strength is slowly fading.

                Yi Fan, in his sleep, felt a presence beside him. He thought, it was an angel that came down from heaven. Soft features, angelic face. But the angel’s eyes were closed. And its face is inching closer to his. His heart began pounding in his chest. He is going to be kissed by an angel.

                Suho is slowly inching his face closer to Yi Fan’s face, unconsciously. He came to his senses when he saw that Yi Fan had opened his eyes widely, putting Kungsoo’s eyes in shame. Then he realized that they are in an awkward position. He is straddling Yi Fan’s waist and he is about to kiss him. He started counting from three and he is going to stand up.

                Yi Fan, on the other hand, is in panic and shock. Not containing his panic anymore, he suddenly raised his head.

 

                That, people, is the legend of an awkward kiss, in an awkward situation, at an awkward position.