Planned

Curious Puppy

Jonghyun called Kibum once in a while. Seeming definitely interested in staying in contact, the blonde often locked himself up in his room, preventing the younger to listen to them talking. Taemin noticed the two of them held quite long conversations and didn't take long to see that the elder was crushing on the brunette boy.

He made it very obvious after all, but Taemin saw how he got out of the room with a big smile or even reddened cheeks after they hung up.

It was fine to him though, he liked the older male too and also enjoyed to see his friend happy. It also didn't take long until the brunette knew the way from his to their flat, and it looked like they didn't live too far apart from eacht other either.





 

It was time for Taemin to go to school again after his holydays were over. In his opinion those two weeks went by way to fast after all, but it was nice to him to see all of his classmates and friends, who had gone on vacation, again.






 

Kibum got up early that day to make sure he wouldn't oversleep, like it usually happened. He made him some breakfast after he got ready and was on his way out to his work already, as the younger came into the dining-room. A tired expression was readable on his face and his hair was still messy. He stood there, still in his pajamas and looked at the blonde with a face that had the word 'morning' written all over.






 

The blonde just ruffled his hair and told him not to be late and that he'll bring him some chocolate cake, that the boy liked so much, after his shift was over.

Of course, the yonger liked the idea and waved his elder goodbye, as the said boy made his way out of the flat to his car, to start his day filled with hours of work.

He was such a hardworking person. Taemin admired him for that.





 

Starting to eat the toast on his prepared plate, he notice a feeling build up inside his stomach. A feeling that somehow told him this was going to be a long day.




 

-




 

„Kyaaaa~ Finally, it's over, I'm hungry now~.“ He lifted his arms in the air to losen up the stiff feeling in his shoulders that he got from sitting in class and not listening to his teacher's lecture. It was too boring and too difficult to concentrate. Instead he devoted himself to folding and throwing paperplanes around the classroom whenever he had the chance.








 

„From what? Throwing around planes? Seriously, you should be glad that the teacher didn't see you.“ Minho nagged him, „The second term has started today and you don't really seem to care about it. How are you planning on keeping your grades like that?“ he shook his head.








 

„I will! Somwhow..“ He murmured, knowing that he might need some help soon if he wanted to keep up with the entire subject material. „Don't worry about it.“ But for now it wasn't such a big problem to care about for the next days, he'd seek out a tutor in the next weeks or so. „If you say so..“








 

Right now he just wanted to get home. He was still tired and even more hungry. Not wanting to be alone for the day, he briefly invited Minho to come with him. This way he could also help him with his homework.





 

Arriving at home, the first thing he did was tossing his bag in a not so gentle way on the ground of the dining-room, hopping on their sofa he let out a satified sigh, his smile dropping when his belly growled.

Minho casually closed the door and placed his bag right next to the other's, when he felt something jup around his legs. „Oh, hey buddy!“

It was the puppy that barked a few times when he got up from his sleeping place, as he heard the two ender the home. Greeting them and asking the taller boy for food.

Minho gladly fullfilled the dog's wish and patted his head, before he grabbed the food; he was often enough there to know where it was.






 

„Do you want something to eat, as well? I'm looking if we have some pizza.“ He asked the other male, simply making his way to the fridge to see if they had some left.





 

Doing so, he walked past the phone and saw a little red light was flashing up; someone left a message on the answering machine.

Who could have left it?

Now he got curious. Pressing the button on the phone, a male person spoke up with an hectic pitch of voie, that Taemin recognized right away.








 

„Taemin, this is your father. Please call me back as soon as you hear this.“ A beep sound followed after the message ended.

„Dad?“ He wondered. Why did he call them? Why he? His mom usually called them. This was the first time in a while that he heard him call them, so why now? Something inside Taemin told him that it was going to be serious.








 

Minho just looked at him confused „Why does he want you to-“

„I have no idea“ Taemin interrupted him before he could end his sentence, since he asked himself the same question. He was unsure as well when he lifted up the telephone from its charging station. „but I'll have to call him to find out, I guess.“








 

His friend just shrugged and watched the boy anish in his room. Having already pre-typed the number as he closed the door behind him, and feeling a wheird and uneasy knot inside his stomach, he pressed the call button and held the device on his right ear.








 

It was indecisive what he should expect from the oncoming conversation, he nervously was going up and down in his room while listening to the signal that told him to wait. He expected him to pick up any second.








 

Feeling like he waited for at least a minute, he heard how someone picked up and he was met with a „Taemin?“ The voice of his father startled him. So he was indeed waiting for him to call back.








 

„Dad.“ he answered. „Why did you want me to call you?“

„You have no idea what I want to talk to you about? At all?“ His voice was calm but somehow outraged. Somehow expecting his son to exactly know the reason why he wanted to talk to him. „No. I don't. That's why I am asking.“ Taemin just replied, confused. „W-what happened? Did I do something wrong?“

A heavy sigh followed the question. „You promised your mother and me something at the beginnning of this school year, remember?“








 

„You said, that even though you're living with Kibum, you'd still be working hard and keep good grades. I've talked to your teacher yesterday and he said that they decreased over the course of the last months, and that he is worried about it.“

Taemin's eyes snapped open. What? He was worried about his grades? Why?

Yes, he knew that he wasn't the best student, and that he'd been going to clas with an unmotivated attitude, but he was deninitely not the worst student with the worst grades. How and why did they deacrease like his father described?








 

„He is worried? About my grades? But-“ „There is no 'but', Taemin!“, His dad rose his voice; the boy clearly heard that he was mad.

„You broke this promise, you used to be such a great student, what happened, that changed it all of sudden?“ He kept confronting the younger with this agreement that they made, which made him feel guilty.

He had promised his father to study hard and have good grades, while in return his dad had agreed to Kibum and him to move together.

He did study hard, but... just not as much in the last weeks...

„I-i am a good st-“, He attempted to convince him otherwise, „Really? You've had more than enough time to prove me that!“ He heard a bundle of papers being tossed onto a table. „Your teacher gave me a copy of your marks, and I must say that I am not very pleased about them.“








 

They were written on that paper. His 'so called' bad marks. It was difficult to change something that his dad had in front of his eyes and thought was true.

He never failed a test. At least not one that would have a dramatic consequence, he knew that, he was sure about it! So how come his father thinks he would be a bad student?! There had to be something wrong!








 

„And that's just why I wanted to talk to you. I want you to move back to us, Taemin. To me and your mother.“

„You want me to do.. what?! No! You can't do this! I don't want to!“ Shocked by the claim, he refused his father.








 

„I really hate to say this, young man, but I need to draw a line somewhere.We only want the best for you! And the best thing is to come back to us!“

„W-why?! No!“

„Because we are your parents Taemin, and it is our duty to care about your grades!“ Yeah... about his grades... just about them. How could I forget that?

Taemin was mad that his father. He couldn't expect from him to move back to them. He couldn't. Taemin loved Kibum. He loved his nurturing attitude and the ability to make him smile whenever he was sad. He was practically like a mom.

„I-i'm not a bad student, dad.“ He tried to sound calm, but he heard his own voice crack a little. He fumbled around with his sleeve with his fingers; he was all churned up inside.








 

Nothing but slow breathes were heard from the other line. His dad probably noticed the unfamiliar undertone in his words. But when he thought his father wouldn't answer anymore at all, he heard a long sigh being blown into the receiver. „Okay.. alright“

The boy widened his eyes slightly at the utterance. What did he say?

„I'll give you a chance. But if you won't get better grades, I don't see a reason to let you stay with Kibum anymore instead of your parents.“








 

„R-really..?“ he whispered, After a pause he answered. „Yes...,yes really.“ The guilty tone in the words were audible for Taemin, showing him that the man didn't want to be angry at him.

„Taemin I... I think we should bring this up at another time Goodbye.“ The younger heard him say before he hung up.

It was relieving at first, the boy could slowly breath out calmly again. That's really not what he expected today. Not at all.








 

A heavy sigh of exhaustion passed through his lips as opened the door to see the other sit on the sofa, Comme Des on his lap, with the television and his head placed on the backrest. He needed to prove his dad that this was a missunderstandment and that he didn't need to be upset.

„And?“ He looked up at the younger, as he saw him in the corner of his eyes, noticing the pleading look.








 

„Minho, you need to do me a favor.“ He smiled at him slightly, still looking a bit banged up from the conversation. „Your mother knows the principal, right? I need to clear this up somehow.“





 






 

„Tae I'm back!“ Placing his keychain on the table, the blonde put the promised chocolate cake into the fridge right after he entered the door, letting the words echo through the room's.

His exhausting hours of serving customers ended minutes ago and he was more than happy to be at home now.

Silence. Instead of getting an answer though, he only heard his dog's sleepy snorings in the livin-room.

„Maybe he didn't hear me...“ He wondered, knowing Taemin's habits of listening loud music which made him unable to perceive the slightest sound.

Stepping torwards the door that led to the younger's room to open it, in hopes to see his friend sit on his bed and wearing his headphones while eating something. It was usually like that.

But, as he looked inside, he was left with an empty room. Where was he? Was he still not home from school? „Taemin..?“ A tiny whisper left his lips.

Stepping out of the room again, thoughts started filling his mind again. Was he at some friend's house? It wasn't yet a reason to worry, but.... wouldn't he have left a note if so?

His thoughts weren't able to answer just one of those questions. His head snapped up at the ringing of the doorbell.

Without thinking long about it, he walked to it, wondering who it could be, since he didn't expect any guests today.

Grabbed the handle and slowly pulling the door open, he was greeted with familiar brown eyes and a big, sweet smile. „Jonghyun!“ Kibum exclaimed quite surprised, „W-what are you doing here?“








 

„Oh hello Kibum, uhm...“ The said boy saw how the blonde was caught off-guard by his sudden visit and had to chuckle by the sight. „Taemin called me and-“ He explained to him.

„Taemin called you?!“ Why did he call him? And not Kibum?

„Yes, and he told me that I should come over and maybe spend some time with you, while he's gone.“ He said, and shrugged with a smile. „He kinda caught me off-guard with the call, but it's okay, I have some time on my hands.“








 

Oh, so he invited someone and didn't even say a word to Kibum about it. Or his absence. What is this kid thinking? Did he think he was lonely? Was he intending to cause the blonde worries? „Did he tell you where he is now?“ Kibum tried to not let the brunette see that he was confused about the younger's irresponsible acting.

The soft look in his eyes, though, immeadiately made him forget about his internal rant; he felt his cheeks heat up a tiny bit and looked to the ground in embarrassment. He looked so... handsome.

„No, I he didn't, sorry. He sounded like he was in a rush and I didn't even get the chance why he wanted me to come. But it seemed as he was with a friend, he kept talking with another person, too.“

Well, that explained it more or less. And now he also knew that everything seemed fine, when he was with a friend, but still he hated it if he didn't get any information about his current stay.






 

„Do you have some time or...?“ Jonghyun asked carefully and the blonde unconciously let out a chuckle, giving him a smile when he looked up. „No, no, it's fine. I do have some time.“ Maybe it was his charming smile again that made him act all shy around him like that.






 

„So, what are we doing now? “ The blonde asked him curiously, after he locked his door again, knowing that Taemin had his own key and could enter anytime he wanted.




 

„Oh, I thought about maybe watching a movie in the cinema, or what do you think?“

Kibum asked suspiciously and raised an eyebrow. „Are you asking me out for a date?“

„Why? Do you want it to be one?“ he asked with a sly grin and changed the angle of his head in a cocky way, wanting to see how far he could go.





 

It was a good question. Did he? Kibum locked his eyes with the other's darker ones. He had an unreadable expression on his face, but Jonghyun seemed pleased with the answer. „Maybe.“




 

-




 

As they arrived at the cinema, Jonghyun suggested some action movie. And of course, the gentleman that he was, he insisted on paying the movie tickets. Kibum only agreed to it if they wouldn't buy any popcorn for him; he did ot want him to spent too much of his money on him. It was alright to Jonghyun; they could share his'.

For Kibum, it didn't really matter in which film they were going in after all, it was more important to the blonde that he had the brunette sit next to him.

It surprised Kibum how easily someone could talk him into going somewhere with just the blink of an eye and a sweet smile. But then again, in the back of his head he still thought about where his friend was. 'I can't run after him all the time, I need to give him his privacy. He's old enough...', he thought.

It was almost disturbing how fast he forgot about the younger by just having Jonghyun sit next to him, in this dark room, with a random film playing on a big screen. The entire place wasn't very full, rather empty even.

Kibum didn't even pay attention to the movie; he just kept observing the boy on his left side in the darkness, trying to stay unnoticed. He would seem like a creep if someone saw him, he was very sure of it. But in that moment he did not really care.

From that angle, Kibum found him to look very handsome; the film light contouring his attractive features. The way he was eating his popcorn, the way crumbles would fall onto his; all seemed attractive to him.








 

The younger noticed how the other had to cough slightly, and shifted his body in the seat to get more comfortable; his head automatically leaning closer into the blonde's. Intentional or not, it made him uncomfortable how Jonghyun's most ordinary movements made him awkward to be around him.

Perceiving a warm feeling grow inside his body, that was slowly rising up to his face, Kibum heard his breathes close to his ear. He felt how warm they were. 'He's too close...'.

The other didn't seem to mind about it, just casually viewing the scene in front of him.

Gulping, Kibum tried to distract himself by watching the movie now; still peaking with his eyes once in a while.








 

His pupils went back to the screen everytime he saw Jonghyun escaping a laugh or just move in the slightest way. He couldn't remember acting like that before. He couldn't remember his heart beating so fast before.




 

-




 

„That movie was awesome!“ They were going home now and trying to get used to the bright daylight after sitting in that room for one and a half hours, in which Kibum was scared of being seen gawking at the elder like a little schoolgirl would do. He needed fresh air now.

Jonghyun decided to accompany Kibum home. It was still afternoon, but he felt like doing it anyways.

Arrived at Kibum's flat, Jonghyun started, „Did you actually like it?“ Receiving a nugde in the side from the other the blonde flinched in reflex. „D-don't, I'm ticklish.“ Kibum giggled in embarrassment and slung his arms around the area the older was poking. Only hearing the brunette murmur a indistinct 'cute', that made him blush. And again he felt something warm around the area of his stomach.




 

„Sorry, action movies aren't really my thing.“ Kibum said honestly. He didn't really get to watch it anyways.

„I just thought you'd like it..“ His voice told him that he was a little disappointed; he wanted to make the other have fun. Big round eyes, that reminded him everytime of an adorable puppy, locked with his own, feeling bad now for his utterance. „S-sorry, I didn't mean it like that..“

This time it was his turn to surprise the elder with a hug. With a quick movement he slung his arms around his neck in hopes to make him see, that he was grateful for spending time with him. But pulling back eventually after a moment, he grinned at the elder.

„I did like it, don't be mad, alright?“ Grabbing into his pocket, he got out his keys to lock up the door. „I'd better go inside now. I bet Taemin's already home and expects me to cook him something..“ He giggled at the thought. „Thanks again for the invitation, I think I owe you one this time.“ Kibum chuckle, being serious about his statement, though. Already having turned the right key in the lock, and facing Jonghyun with his back, the said boy didn't want to let him go inside, yet.




 

„Wait... before you go...“ He put his hand softly onto his shoulder, preventing him from vanishing into his flat. „Yes? What is it?“ the blonde turned his head around to look him once again into his shimmering irises. „You don't have to do anyhing...“ He started, keeping the grip on his upper arm.





 

It happened a little to fast for Kibum to perceive it properly; all happening like pressing a button.

The last thing he knew, was how his eyes closed slowly by itself and his breathing stopped. His body reacted for him. Without many thoughts, Jonghyun approched his face and brushed the corner of his lips with his own.

His body was so close to his. He didn't know when his arms took hold of the other's shoulders, but he didn't care either. He enjoyed that moment.

Seconds passed, and yet it seemed so long until he was freed from the soft lips, that he kept staring at an hour ago.

„We're even, now.“ The brunette said with his hoarse voice, letting his arms go from the younger, who was simply nodding shortly with a tiny smile on his lips, being completely taken aback. „Have a nice afternoon~.“ Jonghyun wore another one of his confident smiles, before turning around and making his way home as well; casual as always, acting like nothing happened.




 

Kibum looked after him. His mouth parted. His cheeks blushing hard. Lifting his right hand to brush alond the warm spot with his fingers. Distancing from the younger, he saw Jonghyun turn around one more time after a few metres to wave at him. „Don't forget to eat something!“ He shouted.

The blonde just nodded in response with a laughing expression and got inside, when the boy turned around again. He had to lean against the other side of the same door first, trying to calm down his rapid heartbeat. Kibum's gaze was fixed somewhere on the floor, smiling shyly at himself. Shaking his head, he realized how awkward he was acting around the older. He did it again; and left him the same way as on the one evening. As if he was doing it on purpose.




 

After some seconds of standing on that spot, he felt how his belly growled lowly, he pouted and put a hand on it. When was the last time he was eating today? Did he forget that too?

Deciding to get his phone, that was laying on the sofa, and check the time, he saw how a tiny window was popping up with a message. 'Taemin?'

There it was; A message that had him breath out calmly in relief.





 

'Hey Bum ^-^ You don't have to worry about me alright? But I'm gonna stay over Minho's house until tomorrow. We still have to clear something up.

How was it with Jonghyun? Did you have fun? :3

Bye~'





 

All those emoticons were just so typical for him. Hedidn't even want to know why they had to 'clear up' something. „What is he doing all the time...?“

He set this up on purpose. Taemin definitely planned that, right? Along with the thoughts, a loud sigh escaped his lips.

„This kid...“





 







 

Was it boring? Sorry about that..^^

The next chapter might also be the last one for this story~

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it ^.^