Dinner

Curious Puppy


 

Tugging the last strands in place, that he saw in his mirror, Kibum could say that he was ready to go.

 

At first it was a weird to think about someone else inviting them and cook for them as well, since it was usually his job.

But for today it wasn't. Today he would just relax and enjoy the meal that he will be served. Something that didn't happen often. Rarely even. Whenever someone did that for him he would always always ask the person if he should help them in any kind. He hated that habit too, but it was difficult for him to sit down doing nothing.

 

He received the message with Jongyhun's address right after having lunch, or rather breakfast, and after taking Comme Des out for a walk.

 

He commanded Taemin to take a shower and dress up nicely while he was gone. The black-haired boy said that they weren't going to a fancy restaurant and that it wasn't necessary, so he decided wearing a regular hoodie with black pants was just fine. Kibum himself just put on a grey shirt along with a thin dark jacket to his blue skinny jeans.
 

After they had figured out their what to wear, they could finally step into the car without any other circumstances and started to drive. They made sure that the puppy had enough to eatand left him in the flat for that evening.
 

„I think you have to take a left turn, Kibum.“ the younger guided him at his driving, looking after the right house with alerted eyes, and according to the desciption they got, they had to be almost there. But it wasn't that easy to find, between those many other buildings.
 

„Ah yeah, I think so..“ he agreed after noticing that they wouldn't find it in this part of the street anymore and turned the steering wheel to the left.
 

He invited them for a dinner in the evening. Why not earlier? The sun would soon set and make it more difficult for them to see the road when they drove back home.
 

The blonde grinned at himself at the thought and shook his head at the fact that he brought him to the point, where they would drive over to his place and have dinner by just a simple call he made.

 

As the car took the turn, Taemin pointed at a certain house that immediately caught his eye„There, this one.“ It fit the description pretty well; brownish roof, short construction and stairs made of stones that led to an entrance area. It had a several plants and flowers in front of it, making it look welcoming and friendly.

 

Parking on the small parking space that was provided, he stopped the car by shifting his key that stopped the engine. Sitting there in silence, he obvserved the environment closely, looking for the front door at the same time, before loosening his seat belt. „C'mon? Let's go.“ he smiled at the younger, next to him.
 

Kibum heard a low grumble coming from his dark-haired friend's stomach. „Yes, please. I'm starving...“ the said boy joked.
 

„Gosh, you should have eaten at least something before we got here. You're now old enough to decide when to eat. “ All day he ate only very few things, like an apple, and now he complained that he was hungry? He was still this typical kid from years ago..
 

„Sooorry~, but I wanted to save some room for the dinner. Let's just go in~.“ he whined and held his grumbeling belly with one hand, his expression telling the blonde how inconsiderate his decision was after all.
 

„You're really something.“ a chuckle was the last thing the dark-haired boy received before they got out of the car and went right up the few stairs that led to the front door.


 

„Ah, there it is.“ Spotting Jonghyun's bell, Kibum pressed the button and a ringing sound was heard inside the house.

 

He was somehow looking forward to seeing him again. He had a good first impression of the man when they met the first time in the park, so why would it be different this time?

 

Shortly after, they didn't even need to wait for many seconds, the light was being inside and through the glas panel, that was built into the door, they saw how a person was walking torwards them with fast steps.

Pulling the door open, the brown-haired boy smiled at them. „Oh hello, it's nice that you're here now.“

He wore a clean white shirt, which told him that the he really made an effort and wanted to show his best side to the two boys.

Was it working? Yes, definitely.

Kibum could barely move his eyes away from the brunette's dark and shimmering ones, that bent kindly as he smiled.

And apparently he awaited them already.

„We're glad we could come.“ Kibum replied with an as sweet voice as the boy in front of him.


 

„Oh, please, come in.“ stepping aside and guiding them the way in the hallway with a free arm, Jonghyun pointed into the direction where his opened door was. The bright light that came from it attracted their attention.

Being all genteman, huh?, Kibum thought.

Walking inside, they both shortly thanked him and made their way to it, and they heard the sound of the main entrance being closed.



 

As they entered his living-room, and Jonghyun closed this door after them as well, Kibum was already busy with looking around in the brown-haired boy's home. It was nicely decorated. Everything was tidy and on its place. The furniture fit perfectly with the colour of the walls, which held several pictures of a black-haired girl and another on of which he assumed was his dad.

The blonde caught himself admire a little. „I hope you like it here.“


 

As Taemin and Kibum were busy taking off their shoes, and Kibum wanted to answer him that they indeed did, they could already hear lively barks of excitement.

Roo was running torwards them, a jingling noise and the sound of her paws that met the floor as she hurried herself to the guests were heard.


 

„Roo!“ Taemin exclaimed happily and leaned down to pat her head, greeting her properly. „Heey,

great, to see you again! How are you, little girl?“ he asked cheerfully.


 

„Seems like she missed you.“ Jonghyun chuckled, watching his dog lying on her back and let her belly being pet while wiggling her short limps in the air.

The dog seemed to enjoy this kind of attention, showing the younger that by just letting her tounge hang out and pant audibly.


 

A scent of deliciously cooked food approached Kibum's nostrils, and he could feel a smile forming on his lips. The blonde was busy eyeing the the little dining area that was connected with the living-room. The table, which was made of a solid kind of wood, already held three pairs of spoons, forks and knives, that was most likely for them to eat with.

 

„Here,“ It seemed like Jonghyun noticed that smile and spoke up again „You can sit down on the sofa if you want to.“ Jonghyun suggested and pointed at the dark brown object. „I'll just look after the food. Would you like to drink something?“ already halfway in his kitchen he turned around to them.

 

„Uhm.. maybe a glas of water, please?“ the youngest of them took his offer and asked politely.

„Off course! What about you, Kibum?“ he asked him, when he noticed that the blonde was still investigating his home with his curious eyes.

 

„Hm? Yeah, sure.“ he quickly looked in his direction and was earned an amused smile, before Jonghyun vanished in the kitchen.

God.. he probably noticed that he was starring. Awkward. His flat hovever was barely bigger than their's, but he had to admit that it was really nice here.

 

Still playing with the little dog, the raven-haired boy sat down on the said couch and placed Roo on his lap again.

Kibum decided to do the same, but still looked into the way where the other boy went, wondering surprinsingly what a big attempt in making them a nice evening he made.

 

It was unintentional but the mere thought made him flush a little, his cheeks gaining a bit of light pink. He had to admit though that Jonghyun really had a great personality...

…and a great smile.

 

His gaze was still locked at the kitchen door, his eyes were still a bit dreamy.

That changed quickly when the said brunette stepped out of it with the two glasses of water in both of his hands, placing them on the smaller coffee table.


 

„Here you go.“ He had to lean in a little more to put it right in front of Taemin's side, which made his upper body get accidently closer to Kibum's face. „Ah, thanks hyung.“ the youngest answered.

He was just centimetres away. Kibum's nose could almost touch his neck, breathing in the pleasant cologne of the other. A soft scent caressed his nostrils and let his eyes close for a second.


 

Noticing that he moved back again, the blonde opened them quickly, not wanting him to see the quiet embarrasing expression on his face. Did he notice..?

Apparently, he didn't, thank god, and just smiled at them. „Dinner will be ready soon, I hope you two hungry.“ he chuckled with a hint of amusement in it, and went back to his cooking.

 

And when Taemin heard that, he snaped his head up „Yes!“ his eyes lit up with anticipation „You have no idea how hungry I am!“

A loud laugh was escaping Jonghyun's throat, tilting his head back in amusement, as he heard that „Oh, I'm really glad to hear that!“


 

Kibum just looked at his broad shoulders and back, that he got the view of when the older returned to the kitchen again. He didn't notice in the park how muscular the boy actually was, and simply looked at it a little longer. It was a riddle to him why he was blushing again.


 

Some clatters of plates were coming from inside and brought his focus back. Followed by a little shake of his head, his thoughts scolded him about him checking the older out. Pull yourself together, Kibum!



 

He saw how Taemin stood up, placing Roo off of his lap onto the floor, where she looked for the next little toy and played with it, and brought their glasses to the table which was placed right next to the kitchen.

Sitting on one of the four chairs that had been positioned around it, wanting Kibum to do it after him and patting the chair next to him. „Come on?“ he demanded, having a big smile placed on his lips and already looking forward to the food.

The blonde then got up and found his place right next to the younger, as demanded.



 

With his brown eyes, the blonde saw through the door, in which the other was still occupied with his task, and also inhale the nice smell of the food.


 

„C-can I help you with something, Jonghyun?“ the blonde stuttered after taking a little sip of his water; his throat feeling so dry all of sudden.

But he also felt the need to say at least something to make the uncomfortable thoughts in his head disappear.


 

As a response his voice echoed from the other room. „No, no, no, I'm your host and I..“ he abruply stopped and casually placed the first two plates in front of his two guests.


 

Using the little pause, before going back to get his own, to look intendedly into the blonde's big eyes, and he finishing his sentence with a grin and a short cheeky wink. „..insisted on serving you for today, remember?“


 

His voice was directly focused onto Kibum, making it sound like he was only talking to the blonde

The warmth that was given off of the other's dark orbs had his face immediately heat up. Leaving him wonder why it had such an effect on him.



 

„I appreciate your help, I really do, but let me just take care of everything. I invited you and therefore it's my job to do everything for you, so...“ he added and shrugged.

Gesturing to the blonde that it wasn't necessary to help him, he thought it would be quite unnatural if he demanded his guests to cook for him. Joghyun liked cooking for people anyway.


 

Eyeing the containment of the plate in front of him, he viewed upon a generous amount of delicous looking noodles with a red sauce on top of them. Warm steam arising from them, looking like they were freshly put onto that plate.

He couldn't wait to taste it. The familiar scent of the food, that reached his nostrils, had him and Taemin release a pleased „Mhh~“ sound.

Spaghetti with tomato sauce. It was his favourite. Did he plan that? It was almost like he knew it.


 

Merely looking at it had Kibum's mouth watering, letting his tounge shortly glide over his lips. „I hope you'll enjoy it!“ he said before starting to eat his self-made meal. They both replied a „Thanks, you too!“ and then couldn't wait to do the same. The boy next to him already started to devour it, faster than he could look.

Rolling the first few strings with his fork on the spoon, Kibum brought it to his mouth and started chewing on it slowly, letting the aroma of the sauce and noodles mix together. „It's really good.“ he eventually said.


 

The brunette shortly looked up at him and smiled in a way to say 'thanks' and then continiued eating.



 

After a little while thought he spoke up again. „Hopefully, you'll still have some place for the dessert, when you're finished with the noodles.“ Jonghyun revealed happily. Wait, what? Dessert?


 

„You made dessert?!“ the two younger boys almost exclaimed simultaneously, the eyes of the younger shimmered excitedly and his mouth formed a wide grin, while Kibum was rather confused. Why was he making such a big effort for them?


 

„Ahaha, yeah I did!“ he said in his usual friendly attitude and his lovely voice „My freezer can't hold much more ice-cream anymore soon, so I thought that it'd be a nice idea to make you guys some.“



 

„Oh boy! Thanks, hyung!“ the dark-haired teenager was hooked by the idea; seeming as he would be able to like this guy.

A little smalltalk followed while the ate, talking about their drive, about their dogs, the weather; a bit of everything that came into their minds.

 


 

-



 

After all of them finished their full loaded plates of the delicious food, Taemin leaned his shoulders back on the chairback; his belly filled up with the noodles and it was simply too heavy to sit straight. He tried to eat slowly , he still wanted to be able to eat the dessert after all. But since he ate so few that day, he automatically ate faster than expected, though.



 

„I think it is time to get the ice-cream, don't tell me you're full already?“ Jonghyun asked cheekily, this time looking at the youngest boy in a joking way.

Maybe it was  too much noodles for his skinny frame..., Jonghyun wondered.



 

Kibum couldn't surpress a chuckle at how full the younger seemed already, putting a palm in front of his mouth to control them, before the other would get huffy about it. It just looked too funny how he now drank his water hastily, the amount of food had him dry out a little.


 

„Nope, not at all!“ he tried to defend himself. „I could eat even more!“ pouting and trying to act tough, he made the brunette laugh with his childish attitude instead.

Kibum let out a brief laugh, while patting his shoulder. „Oh, don't exaggerate Tae. We don't want your belly to explode. We can still wait a little with the ice-cream.“



 

The blonde's expression was worried, remembering that he often gets a tummy ache if he didn't pay attention, the younger wasn't a person that ate that amout of food alot. But unfortunately, the younger always tended not to listen to him and eventually overeat himself. Just like a little child.


 

„No, no, don't worry I'm fine!“ he waved with his hands. „I always have space for ice-cream!“ Since he did't want to refuse the offer, it seemed to be fine to him.



 

„You guys...“ Jonghyun shortly shook his head and chuckled with joy. „I guess I get it then, huh?“ doing as he said he got up from his seat.


 

„Uhhh, yes please~“ the younger sang happily, automatically finding his hunger again.



 

„Just a second, I'll just clear the table.“ Kibum then said while pilling up the plates to bring them to the kitchen sink, without letting Jonghyun a chance to tell him that he didn't have to.

„Don't expect me to just sit there and watch while you are doing all the work.“ he uttered, raising an eyebrow when he saw the brunette's attempt to disagree, but then closing his mouth again.


 

„It's alright, I like to help.“ he added while smiling widely at him. Jonghyun returned that eye smile back to him. „Thanks.“ while setting up thre bowls where the ice-cream would be put in.

Once again a shy blush made its way on Kibum's cheeks, remaining off-guard at his charming use of body language.


 

They lost track how long they've been there already, but it didn't matter anyway. The rest of the evening went by pretty fast, and it was mainly about the two older males that exchanged some information about themselves, their families, their hobbies and random stories from their childhood, they talked continuously about them but laughed alot. While eating the sweet dessert, they got to know each other a little closer.

Taemin just followed the conversation with one ear and focused on the various kinds of the ice-cream that he got offered, instead. A happy smile danced on his lips as well as he joked along with them.




 

During the course of their conversations, Kibum noticed Jonghyun's touchiness and how he always tried to grab his hands or arm when he was telling something funny to them. Almost seeming like he actively tried to get in contact with him.

But Kibum didn't mind, though, he found it cute somehow. He concluded that it was just the other's charakter to approach people like that. He was pretty much used to it by now anyway, and he would lie if he said he hated it.



 

-

 


 

After a while, when the evening gradually passed into the night, the empty bowls were already put aside; the youngest of them had his head placed on his arm, his eyelids almost closed and his throat emitting a wide yawn.

„What time is it, actually? I think it's soon time to go.“ Kibum wondered. They were just too sunken into their conversation, so that they completely forgot about the time.


 

„Really?“ the elder asked, perking his brows up, but shortly eyeing his watch before opening his lids widely. „Oh, it's 11:30, already!“ Where did all the hours go?



 

„I think it's the best to go then, before Taemin falls asleep on the table.“ the blonde laughed, looking over to him while shaking his shoulder to wake him up from the pre-phase of sleep. „I guess your right.“ the brunette agreed as he saw the sleepy boy standing up and strech his arms a little.



 

Petting the puppy goodbye, after they put on their shoes again, Jonghyun guided the boys the way out to the front door. „Kibum, I'm tired. Is it okay if I wait in the car?“ another big yawn followed out of the little boy's mouth, putting his hand in front of his mouth and closing his eyes.

It was definitely time for him to go to bed as soon as they were home again.


 

„Of course, I'll be there in a minute, too.“ as he got the answer he mumbled one last comment to the brown-haired boy. „Thanks for the great food, hyung! It was very delicious, goodbye.“ he uttered his words very fast before he waved at him, turned around and tried to make his way to their car in the dark. He almost tripped the few steps that led to it, but managed to hold his balance.



 

As the sound of a closing car door was heard, the two males faced each other again, a little awkward atmosphere surrounding them and Kibum just rubbed his arms to warm them up, since the night winds felt pretty cold on them, while looking to the ground.

It was so... quiet outside.


 

„It was very nice to have you over.“ he heard the other say with a casual composure, breaking the silence. „I hope we can repeat that again maybe?“


 

Looking up, he received once again one of those charming smiles; returning it. „Sure, I'd like to do that!“ „Great!“ he said, his eyes shining in delight.


 

Without any warning he wrapped his arms around the way slimmer body of the blonde, hearing a quiet exhale escape his lips. But compared to the sudden action in the park, Kibum was less surprised.

„It was nice getting to know you a little better. Get home safely, you two..“ he whispered in his ears with a husky voice, only audible for him.



 

What followed after caught him completely off-guard, though. Before he even knew what happened the other had his lips placed briefly on the his's left temple in a short peck.

It was short, very short. But long enough to freeze the blonde's body for several seconds.

Wh-what..?


 

As briefly as it took, it ended just as fast, and he was released from the warm hug that he was too slow to even return, left confused.

„Goodnight.~“ he got as an answer, along with a cheeky grin on the face that was just centimetres away from his'. He watched the brunette step over the door sill into the hall, receiving one last wave from him and seeing it being shut with a clicking sound. All happening so fast to him.


 

Nothing could leave his mouth, he was just standing there, being left speechless. Did he really just...? Touching the little area on his head, he blushed. A warm and yet uncomfortable feeling rose up inside his stomach. He definitely didn't expect to get kissed this evening...




 

Turing around after shaking his head furiously, he got himself back to his senses. With fast steps he just wanted to reach the car as soon as possible. Awkward. He felt so awkward.

Sitting down next to his best friend he closed the car door and breathed out deeply. His heart race needed to calm down. He can't drive when he was that nervous, damn. „This guy...“ he whispered to himself. He could only chuckle about it.



 

He shot a glance over to the boy, seeing how he was already in a deep slumber; head leaned back and mouth half open, snoring quietly.



 

Chuckling at the sight, Kibum's long fingers tugged some seperated strands out of his face. „Sorry.. next time we'll drive home earlier, I promise.“



 

Sighing, he turned his car keys slightly, the engine starting with a loud noise that probably woke up Jonghyun's neighbours. He couldn't care less actually when he maneuvered the car out of the parking spot and the headlights lightened up the many green plants in front of it.

Gazing one last glance torwards the house, he saw how the last light was being turned off eventually.



 

„Yeah... Goodnight Jonghyun.“






 






 

Here's the 5th chapterr~




 

My teachers thought it would be fun to occupy me with three tests in one week,which is why I didn't update it like I planned to do.

But hey, this one is a little longer still :3

Hope you had fun reading it ^-^