Invitation

Curious Puppy

  
 

Several days passed already since the encounter with the clumsy boy and his puppy. They went back to their usual course of the day. It didn't happen much and Kibum even wondered if he probably forgot them already.

 

 
 

The blonde's bedroom was filled with silence that morning. He was still in a deep slumber. His right arm rested right next to his head on a comfortable pillow. A soft blanket covered his slim frame and kept him warm. The only thing that was audible in the room were his breathes that were steady but also very quiet.

Nothing seemed to disturb the peace. Well, maybe except for one thing.


  

 

Ring Ring

 
 

 

„Mh... stupid alarm clock...“ he murmured sleepily, turning over to the other side of his bed in hopes the noice would stop by itself and let him sleep for a few more minutes, cuddling back into the sheets and slipping back into his dreams of cute puppies and chocolate ice-cream.

 
 

 

Ring Ring

 
  

 

He frowned his eyebrows and pushed the white cushion on his head with force in an annoyed move, in hopes to soften the ringing sound that reached his ears. He was tired, he didn't want to stand up; not yet.

 


 

Ring Ring


 

 

Suddenly opening his eyes widely in realisation. He didn't have to work today. He didn't set his alarm for today. He lifted his head, his pupils confusingly wandered accross the room until they stopped at the wooden surface of his nightstand; his cellphone rang. Who was calling him at this time?!

 
 

 

Not wasting a second, he crawled in its direction, grabbing it with his left hand, while the other one tried to tug his warm blanket around his delicate body, and pressing 'accept' before he even thought about it.

A sigh left his lips „..Hello? What is it?“ His voice sounded hoarse from the sudden use, but he didn't even bother to sound friendly either. Placing his right hand under his chin, after he rubbed the remained sleep out of his eyes, to support the weigh of his head that felt so heavy in the morning.

  
 
 

A cheeky half chuckle could be heard coming from the the other line. „Oh? Did I wake you up? Sorry about that.“

 
 
 

„Execuse me but.. who's this?“ Kibum frowned, because his brain wasn't completely awake yet he processed the voice to slowly to recognize who it belonged to.

 
  
 

„It's Jonghyun, good morning Kibum.“ he greeted him with his warm and sweet voice.

Oh, who would have thought?


  

 

„Oh, It's you.“ he replied to him tiredly and had a good yawn „Don't you think it's a bit too early to call somebody?“


  

 

The boy seemed to wonder about the younger's question, his voice contained an undertone of confusement „You think 12 p.m. is too early to call somebody? Well, should I call you in an hour or two again then?“

 


 

„WHAT?! It is noon, already?“ he was quiet shocked, how come he slept so long?


  

 

„Why didn't Taemin wake me up earlier?! I have to...“ He was way to busy rambling than listening to the brunette and trying to throw the blanket off of him to stand up, which did not work as planned.

„Ahh!“ Instead ending up being tangled up with his feet in it, tripping and falling headfirst right next to the bed on his carpet, creating a bumping sound as he landed and only letting out a groan of annoyance.


 
 

 

„A-are you.. alright?“ Jonghyun asked carefully on the other side of the phone.

 
 

 

„Y-yes I am, don't worry..“ He said while his right cheek pressed agains the floor and slowly brought up an arm to support his weigh and lift himself upwarts.

 

 

How graceful that must have looked.

 


 

„Are you hurt?“ Standing up and checking his neck and belly he said „I guess nothing's broken.“ It wasn't meant to be funny but he managed to bring out a chuckle to show him that everything was just fine and sat back on the edge of the bed.

„Anyway.. why are you calling me?“ he wanted to know and got back on track, while rubbing his elbow that he landed on.



  
 

„Right, I wanted to ask you and Taemin if you wanted to come over to my apartment this evening and have dinner? You know... as a return for finding my dog.“ So he did in fact hold his promise? Honestly, Kibum thought that he wouldn't hear from him again, but apparently he was wrong about that.

 


 

„And you couldn't have called me sooner, huh? Like yesterday, maybe?“ he asked ironically with a raised voice, setting his arms akimbo.


 
 
 

„Err, sorry about that. I'm a ver spontanious person and don't really think before I act you know, hehe..“ The embarrased laugh told him that he wasn't planning it out very well, and Kibum caught that.

Indeed, Kibum remembered the hug he gave him out of nowhere. He wasn't expecting it but took it as a nice gesture, though. „So.. what do you say?“



  

 

„Well that is... very nice from you, but don't you think that's a bit sudden?“ He was still a little bit unsure about this. Jonghyun was a nice person, a very polite one even, but should he really accept his invitation? The blonde nibbled on his lip in a nervous gesture, thinking about what to say next.

 

 

 

„Huh? Too sudden? I hope that I didn't rush you and that you don't think too bad of me now.“ he indicated to the part were he asked after the blonde's number. He couldn't really help it, he was able to bond with him right away. So without much thoughts he just went for it, and surprisingly the blonde let him have it.



  

 

„No, no, no! That's really not it!“ he tried to convince him, „It's just that... well...“ he was running out of reasons, why not to accept his friendly invitation. It was just unusual for him to get to know other people like that.



 
 

If he thought about it... he never really make an effort, getting to know people and making friends with them.


 


 

He was just so not used to someone thanking him, in this way for something so little, that he did. He was usually the one giving other people things that made them happy. It was a kind of an rude attitude to say 'no' to him since he insisted.

 


 

Slapping an imaginary palm on his forehead he realized that he was acting like a child. He didn't know him very well, yes, but that didn't mean that he couldn't change that.

 
 

 

Giving in, he answered to him „Alright... what time do you want to have us over?“ looking onto the floor, he just heard the words flowing out of his mouth like water.


  

 

„Really?“ The blonde heard how excited the other sounded about his answer. Maybe it was just his playful atitude that made him agree to it.

„How about at 7 p.m.? I'll cook for you guys.“ he said it so bluntly, as if it was a naturalness to do this for them.

 

 
 

„Do you do that often? Inviting someone for dinner that you don't know?“ he chuckled, not meaning it offensively, though. It was actually an entitled question.

  


 

„Ha, you're very funny, Kibum!“ A laugh from the other line was heard. „But to answer you, no, I don't do that very often. It was the first time, even.“ he uttered. Oh. That was pretty unexpected.

 


 

Another chuckle followed. „Are you surprised?“. „N-no, not really.“ The words came out in a murmur. But yes, indeed he was. With the confidence and casualness that he asked him with, it made him think he'd do it regularly. Weird.



 
 

Slowly noticing the built up silence, Jonghyun thought it was time to end the conversation. „Well then, I guess I'll see you two later? I'll send you my address in a message, okay?“


 


 

„Yes, sure, you can do that.“ the blonde agreed. „I'll see you later too.“ He heard one last „goodbye“ and hung up.

 

 
 

Blowing out some air from between his cheeks. He just got an invitation. From someone he just met once, wow. That didn't happen everyday.


  

 

However, he Placed the phone back on its previous place, got up from the bed and made his way to the kitchen, yawning. He needed some coffee now.

  


 

As he was busy stirring the sugar with a spoon in the cup, his ears perked up, he heard some giggles coming from the living-room. Kibum decide to go and see what the younger was doing. He was probably watching some TV show again.


  


 

A friendly „Good morning.“ greeted him as soon as he entered the room.

Taemin sat on the couch, also still with his pajamas on and watched some cartoon. „'Morning.“ he gave back in a moody tone and sat next to him.

„Why didn't you wake me up earlier?“ the blonde asked him.

 

 

The younger looked at him with an arched eyebrow. „Waking you up? I didn't want to. You were tired, I guess you had a long day yesterday.“



  
 

„Wow that's... really nice from you.“ Kbum smiled, remembering that he had cleaned the whole apartment and washed his and the younger's entire clothing. Liking that the other noticed his effort in keeping everything clean in the apartment during the his holidays.

And right, he remembered, that when they finished their evening meal yesterday, he still drank one or two cups of coffee while watching a movie, which was a huge mistage, he spent hours to fall asleep during the night.



  

 

„Also, I don't like dealing with your moods when you get woken up too early, so..“ the younger looked directly at him and chuckled at him cheekily, which earned him a slight punch to the shoulder.



  

 

„Yah! Don't act like I'm the only one here, that hates that!“ Kibum huffed and took a sip from his coffee. This little boy was getting a bit too naughty for the blonde's liking. „You're the also a huge morning grouch, so stop this bold attitude of yours!“ He murmured a short 'yeah, sorry' and went back to his series.

 

  
 

Feeling the need to care of him eating something in the mornings regularly, the blonde spoke up „Did you have breakfast already? And why are still in you pajamas?“ he nagged as he took a closer look at him.


 

 

Standing up and making his way to the fridge he heard the younger say „Uh, yes I already ate something, I'm not really hungry now.“


 
 
 

Cocking an eyebrow to himself while grabbing some bread, jam and butter from it, the blonde wondered about the boy's sudden lack of hunger.

 

 

„Are you sure? But if you change your mind, don't come along later and expect me to make you something.“

Spreading the two ingredients with a knife on his bread he only received a hum from the said boy. „Mhm..“

 



 

He was still focused on his TV with his head placed on his arm, looking almost bored. Why was he being so quiet? Kibum wasn't used to that.

Taemin would always be jumping around all the time like the little kid that he was, or merely smiling. He decided to leave it that way, but... what was he thinking about? What kept him in thoughts like that? Was it something that bothered him?


  

 

„How was your fall from the bed, by the way? Did you hurt yourself?“ the raven-haired boy suddenly wanted to know. It was pretty difficult for Taemin NOT to hear the bump that was coming from the other room.


  
 
 

Kibum peeked around the corner from the kitchen to the younger, looking at him with a slight flush on his cheeks and growled lowly.

Wonderful, another thing that the the boy could with now.

 

 
 

„What? I'm just asking.“ he said innocently with a small smile and turned his head back to the program as he noticed the warning glare that he was sent.

At least he wasn't as grumpy as he looked.


  

 

Kibum smiled at the reaction, rolling his eyes, and took the plate with the bread to sit back down on their comfortable couch again. „I hope you haven't planned anything for today.“


 
 
 

„Huh, why? Have you?“ Taemin wanted to know.

After taking a sip from his warm coffee, the blonde explained „Jonghyun invited us for dinner this evening.“ 



  
 

„Oh, the boy from the park? That's cool!“ he said, eyes brightening up in excitement, the previous serious facial expression long gone.

 



 

„Yes, that boy.“ obviously hiding a little bit of dry wit in the words, he warned playfully „I hope you'll behave.“

 


 

„What? Me?!“ Taemin exclaimed, placing a hand on his chest in an shocked gesture and pretending like he was seriously offended by the comment the blonde gave off.

„But really... am I really that bad?“ he then asked with with his big doe eyes and small pout on his lips.


  


 

He already knew the answer, but loved to hear that he was sometimes giving his best friend a hard time. With a lazy move of his head in his direction, the said boy emphasized „You want me to answer this honestly?“


  


 



 

 

Here, an update for you ^^

I wish I had something important to say here x'3

Hope you liked it xD Maybe leave me some comments? ^^