Grateful

Curious Puppy

He couldn't deny that he was still thinking about this voice, which kept floating around in his head, that he talked to just minutes ago. So friendly and soothing. He liked it.

He tilted his head back, closed his eyes and inhaled deeply once again.

 
Now he sat there under the tree's shadow and waited. Waited for Kibum to arrive. He had an excited feeling in my stomach, that just wouldn't go away. Perhaps just the anticipation for Roo.

He didn't expect to get a call today.

He was just expecting to go for a morning walk and wake up from a rough night that he spent without too much sleep.

 
Jonghyun still had to thank Kibum properly for the trouble he caused him after all. Because really... he was a lost cause. He felt so embarrased as he admitted to Kibum that was over-worked. He just wanted to get home and bury himself in pillows. Regardless of any concequences.

 
„Huh, what the-“

Out of nowhere he could feelt how something soft brushed his cheeks that felt like little paws. Instinctively lifting his arms up and trying to grab whatever there was 'attacking' him out of nowhere with his hands, grasping it gently. Feeling fluffy fur between his fingers.

 
A light whine was heard, followed by a bark.

 Jonghyun opened his eyes widely „Roo!“ Now holding the missed dog in both of his hands right in front of his face. „Oh god, where are you coming from?“ He laughed excitedly, smiling like an idiot and held her close. The dog gently his face with her warm tounge, welcoming him in her own way.

She was back.

 
A giggle along with another person clearing their throat met Jonghyun's ears.

  
Beholding a second, then turning his head to the source of the voices and facing a black haired boy, that tried to contain his laughter with both of his hands in front of his mouth. A cheeky „Surpise!“ came from the boy and he smiled down at Jonghyun.

A taller boy, who had his arms placed on his waist, was standing next to him and flashed him a smile with his perfect looking teeth.

His hair was placed in layers around his head, complimenting his facial features.

 

 

„O-oh, hello!“ he exclaimed, turning his attention to the two boys, standing up while letting Roo off of his arm and let her sit on the bench.

He did it a little too fast which is why he got up a bit clumsily, his legs trying to find balance.

 
„Wow, take it slowly, everything is fine.“ The blonde chuckled. „Oops, did we scare you?“ Taemin asked amused, obviously at how funny Jonghyun looked doing so.

 

 

„Ah.. no, no, it's alright. Jonghyun's big eyes looked curiously at the two of them, awkwardly scratching the back of his head while his mouth formed a toothy grin.

It was contagious so that they couldn't even keep a straight face themselves.

 

 

With a smile the blonde now started to introduce themselves. „I'm Kibum and this here is Taemin.“ he pointed at himself and then at the boy next to him. „And you are...?“

 

 

„Uh, right, I completely forgot to tell you my name. I'm Kim Jonghyun.“ he answered while shaking both of their hands.

Jonghyun had to lift his head a little more at the blonde, since he was a few centimetres taller. That didn't prevent him from looking closer into his eyes tough, noticing how they turned into half moons when he smiled at him.

 

 

So they tip-toed up at him, leaving him unknown to what they wer doing. How sneaky.

„You should have seen your face!“ The younger giggled and Kibum bumped his elbow into the younger's side to signalize him to stop.

The blond boy grinned at him. „Sorry for if we caught you off-guard this way but we thought it would be a nice way to say 'hello' like that.“

 

 

With gentle features on his face the brunette said „It's okay, really. I'm just.. so glad that you two found her. “ he suddenly pulled the blonde into a hug, wanting to express his graditude. „Thanks..“

 
Kibum was too surprised to actually move at the strangers action, hands just lightly touching the boy's shoulders; blinking confused and blushing even.

Taemin wasn't a very big help either. With those constant chuckles that he kept letting out. He probably already noticed the flushed cheeks of his friend.

 
Receiving hugs was something that Kibum liked. He really did.

But this one was getting kinda awkward. He was quiet shy when it came to hugging someone he never met. Obviously.

 
It took too long for Jonghyun to let go of him again for Kibum's liking. He could feel brunette's breath on his own nape, which made the whispy hairs around the area raise slightly. It was almost too intimate for him.

 
Clearing his throat the second time since they got here made Jonghyun realized that the latter was kind of feeling uncomfortable with the situation; releasing him from his strong arms and grinning at him. „Sorry, I often thank people like that without even realizing that it might be a little weird for them.“ A cheeky laugh followed his explanation.

Again he scratched his head and laughed at his own action. „I hope I didn't offend you somehow.“ he worried, looking into his deep brown eyes, noticing the peachy colour around his cheekbones


 

„No, no, no, it's fine.“ Kibum gestured with his hands. He just took him by surprise; he wasn't used to the other suddenly getting so touchy.

 
His brows contracting, Kibum shot another glare to the younger as he heard the chortles of contained giggles. It seemed Taemin was really amused by his elder's reaction. He's a really big help.



 

„I still wish I knew how to thank you two. “ Jonghyun's voice brought him back on track, tough; giving him another smile.

„What? Oh no, it is alright, really. We're glad we could help.“ he said nicely and wanted to deny his indirect offer with a light shake of his head.


 


„Please, you found my dog. Roo is very special to my sister. I'd have been in real trouble if you hadn't found her.“ Jonghyun reasoned with a chuckle. The two boys nodded understandingly.

 
Jonghyun just couldn't let someone go by just saying 'thanks' or any variation of that; he loved to show his graditude by actions. Even if he didn't know that person very well, or if what they did was nothing to actually speak of.

 
„Well, it was actually my dog that found her.“

 
Turning their heads to observe the two dogs and Taemin, who was now sitting next to them, as they heard several whines. The black-haires boy was too busy to pet them and waiting for them to leave than following their discussion anymore.

They saw how Kibum's dog now also sat on the bench, close enough to Roo, feeling the need to protect her from anything; having their eyes focuse at their owners and listening to their conversation.

„We just took care of her and brought her here.“ Kibum chuckled.

 

 

„Really? You dog's pretty smart.“ he smiled and reached over to the said puppy to pat his head, also thanking him for bringing back his puppy. „He must have been trained very well since he found Roo. She loves playing hide and seek, you know.“

 

 

Kibum smiled widely at the compliment and played with the end of his sleeves. „Oh well.., thanks.“ And again, a slightly rosy colour tinted his cheeks. It made him kinda uncomfortable.

 

 

„I just really want to return the favour. It's the least thing I can do.“

 
..Very polite guy, Kibum thought. He was being so friendly, even though they've just met. It was difficult to say no to him. Especially to those big eyes that shone at him, wanting to express their thankfulness.

It would be rude to refuse.

 
„W-well... only if you don't mind of cour-“ „Of course, I don't mind.“ Jonghyun answered before Taemin could even finish his sentence; again, showing his big white teeth.

 
When his phone vibrated again all of sudden. „Huh? Oh, just a second..“ Grabbing from his pocket and opening the message that he was sent. The boys watched him going through the lines with his eyes.



 


Jonghyun? What is taking you so long? Did something happen? Should I call you? I'm just worried..

- Sodam

 
And there it was. The infamous message that his sister sent him whenever he took too long. Because really... he originally was just here for a twenty minute walk.

How long has he been at the park exactly? An hour? Two? He didn't notice how the time flew by.

 
The brown-haired boy placed his hindex finger under his chin in a thinking gesture. „Mmh..“ After a some seconds an something came to his mind. „Would it be alright if you gve me your number?“ he asked the blonde.

 
„Huh? My number? Why?“ Surprised at the request he just cluelessly tilted his head at him.

 


 

It was time for Jonghyun to go home soon, so they wouldn't be able to talk about his offering very much. Which he really wanted to do.

„I still owe you something, remember? And I don't think that we'd be able to talk it out right now, since my sis' wants me to get home now, haha.“ he laughed.

 
Kibum sighed and saw that the older was pretty convinced about his doing. Jonghyun seemed like a very trustworthy person to him.

He didn't think that he'd do something funny with his number, no. He simply didn't act like someone that just wanted his number to mess around with him.

Still, it was strange for him to do something like that.

 
Looking into Kibum's eyes, he already anticipated a positive answer from him.

 
„Well... , alright.“ he gave in, taking the device and saved his number in a contact list. While handing it back he slightly brushed his hand, feeling how warm his skin was.

 

 

„Great!“ he said after he put it away again and looked up to Kibum to flash him another sympathetic grin. „I'll call you the next days, alright?“

„Uh, yeah sure.“ He said, still a bit impressed by the elder's abruptness.
 

 


„I don't want to sound rude but I really think that I should go now. My sister will go crazy if I don' t show up soon.“

Sodam is indeed a person that is difficult to deal with. In the first second she cries over tragedic programmes on television and in the next second she screams at you for standing in the way. It was pretty much the same with text messages. She hated it if somebody took to long to respond to her, and she hated to be ignored.

Jonghyun thinks she has intense mood swings, which is why, and also because he loves sister, he never wants to make her sad. He never knows if her sadness might become anger.

 

 

„I hope you don't mind.“
 
Taemin now turned his head into Jonghyun's direction and spoke up too with one of his eye smiles „Of course not, we understand That.“

Kibum smiled silently at the younger's words. It was rare for the boy to take the initiative in a discussion, so he was very surprised.

 

 

„I can relate to you. Kibum can also get pretty obnoxious if something doesn't go as he wants it to be, you know.“ he added.

Wha... This damn kid! Was he trying to make him look funny?!

 

 

The comment earned him a loud laugh from the brunette. „Really Taemin? He doesn't look obnoxious to me.“ he claimed with his charming tone of voice and winked at the blonde with one of his big smiles as he lifted his dog up from her place and carried her on his elbow. Looking down to her „Time to go home, our dear Sodam's getting worried.“ he said.
 
He politely said goodbye to them and turned around to still wave at them as he made his way out of the park on his way home. As his frame became smaller and eventually disapeared around corner Kibum turned his face to the younger, not looking too happy.

 

 

Arching his eyebrow and leaning closer to him „What did you mean by 'obnoxious' exactly, hm?“ He wasn't very pleased with what he heard from the raven-haired teenager and slowly became a bit pissed.
 
The boy casually crossed his arms and sputtered bluntly „Oh nothing, just that it feels like having a big sister when I live with you.“

A sister? Oh really?!


 

„Are you saying I'm behaving like a girl?“ The blonde bursted at the seams as the other uttered those words, he reached up his hand to his arm to pull him closer and whispered lowly into his ear „If you find my presence that annoying, feel free to move out whenever you want.“ he threatened.
 
Taemin gulped „No, no, no, I... I was... j-just kidding you know... . Hahaha... .“ Laughing awkwardly and waving his hands in attempt to appease the older. He should stop teasing him all the time.

Still feeling his penetrating gaze on him, the black-haired boy stuttered an apology „D-don't overreact o-okay? I-i promise I'll do the dishes from the cake that we had today, alright?“
 
A sudden change in Kibum's face was noticeable and a smile found his way back on his lips. He probably liked the idea „Good, now let's go home. I think it might rain soon.“

Rain? After such a warm day?

He pointed up in the sky, showing him the accumulated clouds that had a grey shade in them. The weather was going crazy the last weeks. 

A whistle that had Comme Des' head snap up, showed him that his owners wanted to go and jumped off of the bench to follow them with fast steps.
 
And yes, he was right. Several water droplets started falling from the sky. It wouldn't take long until the ground will be covered in little waterpools.
 
Since the blonde hated to be in the rain, they ran and made it home in time, before the sudden downpour could fully hit them and wet their clothes.

Kibum made them both coffee and even Taemin held his promise to wash the dishes. It was a nice gesture from him. He found Kibum just very scary when he got pissed.

They spent a nice afternoon with a movie on the couch. Whenever one of them laughed the other would automatically follow. Comme Des simply lay in his dog basket and wached the two of them with his head tiredly placed on his paws, looking like he'd fall asleep soon.


 


They didn't mention a word about the incident at the park for the rest of the day again. Maybe it was because they were so focused on the screen. They understood each other without many words, so it was unecessary to talk about it.




 





 

Later that day in the evening Kibum lay in his bed, listening to the calm raining sound, because he couldn't sleep yet. He thought about the whole course of the day, how weird it was.

 

 

Finding a puppy. Finding their owner. Being hugged by him. Passing that person his number like it was nothing special. He was still quiet unsure if what he did was right and it had him change his lying positions a few times while he kept thinking about it. But again his smile looked too honest to be having devious ideas. He shouldn't worry too much.

He should be glad instead. The pup got back his pup.

 

 

It is said that a pet usually resembles their owner in any way. Well, Kibum could actually approve of it this time when he was looking in the brunette's face. Definitely noticing several attributes of a dog in his features. Lucious brown hair, round eyes and a pointy nose.


 

It was weird indeed. Or it was just him who thought so.

 



 





That's it for chapter 3


Tell me, if you liked it or not

I'd love reading your opinions x3