t w o

Keep On Waiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I tried to be strong, I acted as if everything was okay, but it wasn’t.  I started doubting if I’d made the right decision. I was sitting in my new room, skyping with my parents. My mum was already crying and dad was trying to comfort her when I knew he was himself down. I felt the same, I wanted to burst out crying, but what for? They wouldn’t move to Korea just because I’m crying and missing them, besides I still wouldn’t be able to meet them often, cause of my busy schedule.

‘Mum, don’t cry… please… I know you miss me, I miss you too, but… please, do it for me.’ I sniffled.

‘Okay, honey. Just take care of yourself. Don’t fool around and don’t stay up late. We love you.’ My mum sobbed and hugged my dad tighter. Oh how I wanted her to hug me too.

‘And, Minjee…  just try to avoid guys, they can hurt you!’ My dad stated and I knew what was going to happen next.

‘It’s Meili, not Minjee…’ My mum glared at my dad and he chuckled slightly.

‘Just avoid them, remember.’ He turned to face me, or rather the camera. I nodded without any further comment and smiled at them. I missed them a lot, I wish I could go back to San Francisco and be a normal kid. But it was only temporary, I knew that when I wake up I’d feel completely different, refreshed and ready for another round of practicing.

I’ve been here for two months now and everything’s changed, I’m not talking about ambience but about me. I’ve turned to somebody else and I’m not sure if I like where it’s going. I’ve been so busy lately, that I don’t even have time or will to talk to my friends as often as I did in the beginning of this long trip of mine.

The conversation ended and I stared at the black screen. I felt alone, as if I’m the only person that exists and lives in Korea. I know I’m overreacting, but try to put yourself in my shoes. I know nobody and the people I do somehow know in here are unfriendly or avoid me as if I had HIV. EXO was here, but the only person who was eager to talk to me was Lay. He was always smiling at me and offered help with dancing and singing. Hadn’t been for him, I’d probably break down and cry when I first met EXO in Korea, in the dorms to be exact. We’ve lived under one roof and Baekhyun was supposed to help me, why? Because my manager said so. I still needed help with Korean and singing and he was a perfect person, or so they thought. Being the friendly and easygoing person he was, or thought to be. I’ve got to know his other side, the one that nobody knew. And to be honest, I didn’t like it.

 

---

 

‘Are you an idiot? Can’t you just sing one part properly?’ He sighed and clicked his tongue. ‘I can’t understand why they couldn’t hire a professional teacher. Or at least pick someone else. I’m wasting my time with you.’ He let out a heavy sigh and frowned at me.

‘I’m sorry… I’ll try again.’ I bit my lower lip and ran my hand through my hair. I felt miserable. I wanted to hide under the covers and pretend like I don’t exist.

‘I’m not in the mood to listen to your so-called singing.’ He stated and shot me one last glance before going out of the studio. I sighed relieved and scared at the same time. You see, Baekhyun was my bias in EXO, that was until I met him and until he showed me his true personality.

‘Are you done?’ Lay peeked inside the studio and smiled at me, revealing his cute dimples.

‘Yeah.’ I sat loudly on the floor and closed my eyes, not wanting to burst out crying in front of him. ‘Don’t you have any practise or something?’ I looked at him. Maybe I was too obvious, but I wanted him to go away. I needed some time to be alone and think over every decision that I made. Was I really that mad keen on becoming a star? Was I really that into it that I let a stranger insult me? Because Baekhyun is a stranger to me.

‘I don’t!’ Lay grinned and came closer. ‘I have something for you!’ He beamed. I wonder how he can be this hyper when he and EXO have more schedules and less sleep or spare time. He must be so strong. I really marvel at him.

‘Hm?’ I raised an eyebrow at him, asking him nonverbally what was on his mind.

‘You’ll see. Come on.’ He offered a hand so that I could stand up. I grabbed it and stood up, looking him straight in the eyes. He smiled at me again and started walking in the direction of the kitchen. Not again, please don’t let it be…

‘Ta daaa…’ we entered the kitchen and there it was, a tabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter