07

[Series] Let time decides

 

“How was your Physic test result?" Junho asked as he walked beside Nana. Nana's face was all gloomy. She didn't answer his question. Sitting on a bench that located along the corridor, Nana buried her face in her hands. From those reaction, Junho knew that her test result wasn't good. He grabbed her hand and dragged her. Nana followed Junho without questioned anything. They reached at a playground. Junho told Nana to sit on a bench while waiting for him. He went to somewhere and came back with ice creams in his hands. He bought two three-scoops chocolate green mint ice creams. Nana looked up and seemed surprise. 


"For me?" Junho nodded and passed the ice cream. A smile immediately formed on Nana's face. “How do you know my favorite is chocolate green mint with three scoops?”

“I saw you bought ice cream last time and the flavor, I just picked it randomly,” Junho answered frankly.

“Ah, thank you.” Nana smiled and started her ice cream. Junho smiled back. You remind me to my childhood best friend a lot. The flavor was her favorite too. She resembles a lot with my Nana. Is she my Nana? But..., he thought and sighed. How he wished Kim Nana in front of him was his Kim Nana.

 

Flashback

“I searched for you everywhere and you were here?” 8 years old Junho asked, taking a seat beside Kim Nana who was sitting on a bench near the playground. 

“Don’t you want to play?” Junho asked. “There’s one empty swing. I can push for you if you want.” Nana didn’t respond. Her head was staring the floor since then. Her fingers were playing by itself. 

“Are you sick?” Junho put his hand on her forehead but the temperature was normal. Soon after that, sobbing was heard. Nana didn’t lift up her face. Junho had gotten more worried but he tried to guess anything possible. Even before he managed to say anything, 

“Omma scolded me for skipping piano class....” 

Junho smiled. At least she told him. “Wait for a moment.” Nana continued to sob until Junho was back. His hands were holding something. Two three-scoops chocolate green mint ice creams. One for Nana and one for himself. 

“Here,” he handed out one to her. Nana’s face brightened seeing the ice cream. Taking the ice cream, she smiled widely. 

“You always know how to make me happy back.” 

Junho smiled. With only buying her favourite ice cream, Nana would forget other things and be a happy kid. 

End flashback

"You failed, right? The test?" Junho asked. Nana slowly nodded. Junho chuckled. Nana pouted because Junho laughed at her.

"Why did you laugh? It’s not even funny.” She instantly her melted ice cream. 

“Do you want me to be your tutor? I got quite good mark for the first test,” Junho said. 

“Pfft, are you showing off now?” Nana rolled her eyes. 

“No. I’m not intend to show off. It’s no need for me to show off,” Junho said casually. “I’m sincere okay. I’m sincerely want to be your tutor. You don’t want? Fine. It’s not me who losses.” He shrugged continued eating his ice cream. 

“Really? Really you want to teach me?” Nana asked, blinking her eyes.

“Yup,” Junho nodded. “I’ve got to go. See you at library at 2pm starting tomorrow. Bye.”

***


“Sorry that I’m late,” Nana apologized. She took a seat opposite Junho. Junho was focusing on his book. He looked up and met Nana’s eyes. He smiled.

“It’s alright. We shall start now,” he said. But Nana didn’t respond. Her mind was like somewhere else but she was staring straight at Junho. Junho waved his hand in front of her face. “Are you okay?”

Nana was like waking up from her reverie. “Oh, sorry,” she said embarrassedly. Her face was slightly pink. Actually, like their first meeting, Junho’s smile seemed like taking away Nana’s soul for a moment. 

“Are sure you alright?” Junho asked, slightly worrying because of her face. Nana nodded, saying she was okay. They proceeded on studying in instant.

“It’s not that easy but understandable. But being able to understand a sub topic is a great feeling. Ah finally!” Nana said excitedly. Her smile won’t off from her face. Junho chuckled. 

“It’s almost 6.” Junho stretched his body. “Let’s end it here.” 

“6 already? Woah, time flies so fast,” Nana said, starting to pack her stuff. 

“Let me send you home,” Junho offered. 

“Ah, there’s no need. Thank you for teaching me today.” Nana smiled shyly. She was about to walk away but her arm was grabbed by Junho.

“I’m insisting,” Junho said, sounding a bit stern.

They were in the car. Junho’s car. Junho was driving. In the silent, a soft groan was heard, breaking the silent. Knowing what sound it was, Junho couldn’t help but smiled.

“Where should we eat? Do you have any idea?” he spoke. Smile was still on his face.

“Eh? Eat? What do you mean? Weren’t you said we are heading home..? ” Nana said embarrassingly. “I’m not hungry....” She lowered her head. Once again, the soft groan was heard. Junho laughed. Silently, Nana cursed her stomach for being so loud. 

“Thanks for the dinner...” Nana uttered, smiling shyly.

“It’s nothing. Get into your house fast.” Junho ruffled her hair and got into his car. In instant, he left. 

Nana touched her hair. He reminded me to Nuneo. Nuneo always ruffled my hair after walking me home. Always. I miss him...where he could be right now? She took a look at the night sky. Wish you were here, Nuneo because I need to introduce you to Lee Junho. He’s just like you.