05

[Series] Let time decides

 

It was Monday again. Kim Nana’s first class was Biology lab.

“Where’s your partner?” Kikwang whispered from table beside Nana. Nana shrugged. She seemed worried. Taking another glance of the empty seat beside her aka her partner’s place, she was praying hard that her partner would come soon. She didn’t want to do the experiment alone. As Nana felt someone’s presence at the door, she quickly looked up. It was a guy with blond hair. He wore sunglasses.

“Blond hair? Isn’t that the guy that I thought he was so cool on the first day? Yes. That’s the guy! Even now he looks so cool but why he wore sunglasses? Please. It’s early in the morning,” Nana whispered silently to herself and giggled. The guy walked in and sat beside Nana. He was indeed Nana’s partner since everyone else already had their own partner.

“He looks arrogant. I hope he’s not such a disturbance to you, Nana,” Kikwang whispered softly as he could. He didn’t want the guy to listen. Nana smiled. 

“Don’t judge a book by its cover Kikwang,” she replied. Kikwang shrugged and faced the front. The guy beside Nana removed his sunglasses and wore a glasses. He turned his head to Nana.

“It’s you!” They both said in unison and laughed together. Lucky their lab lecturer went out for a moment. They might get detention on the second week of college. 

“We’ve met a few times and only now I know that you’re my partner,” Nana said excitedly. She was never this excited when meeting new person. Maybe because the guy was just attractive to be ignored.

“Me too! Only if I asked your name in our last meeting. I could have known that you’re my partner.”

“You know my name?” Nana seemed shocked. Mindlessly shocked.

“Yeah. The paper that pasted on the board last week remember? It’s Kim Nana right?”

“Ah, yeah.” Nana smiled sheepishly. “But, I’m sorry. I don’t remember your name though.”

“It’s okay. I’m Lee Junho,” Junho said, holding out his right hand. Nana smiled and shook his hand. 

***


“You two know each other?” Kikwang asked after lab ended. His eyes grew in curiosity.

“Kind of. It’s our fourth meeting, right?” Junho stated. “We met by accidents.” Nana nodded, smiling. 

“But, we didn’t know each other name until just now,” Nana added.

“Ah, it’s like that...” Kikwang uttered, nodding in understand. “But hey Junho, when did you change your hair color? I didn’t recognize you at all!”

“A few weeks ago.”

“You two know each other?” Nana asked, referring to Junho and Kikwang. She tilted her head slightly, curious. The two looked kind of close or something.

Slinging an arm around Junho’s neck, “Yeah. We’re neighbour,” Kikwang said, grinning widely. “He sometimes stays at house next to mine.”

Nana raised an eyebrow. Junho chuckled. 

“You seem like don’t understand.” Nana blankly nodded to Junho’s statement. She absolutely didn’t understand.

“My home is somewhere else and I stay with my friends sometimes. That’s why.”

“Oh I see...” Nana tried to process Junho’s statement. She was kind of understood it. Kind of. Not fully.

Yoseob came out a bit later and approached them who were outside the Biology lab. He talked to the lecturer earlier about their experiment. “Kikwang-ah, let’s go. Nana, you wanna join us?”

Nana smiled. “Sure. Let’s go.”

“Where are you guys going?” Junho asked.

“Library,” Kikwang replied shortly. “You-”

“Pass. See you guys around.” Junho turned around and walked away. He didn’t even let Kikwang finished his sentence. 

“Aish this guy. He didn’t even let me finish my sentence.”

“Junho wait!” Nana called out. Junho stopped and turned to Nana. 

“Yes?” He raised his eyebrows, wondering why she called for him. Nana went through her bag and took out something. She handed it to him.

“Here is yours.”

“Ah, this ring box. You should keep it to yourself. At least there’s a place to put when you took off your ring,” Junho said sincerely, smiling. 

“Oh...okay...” Nana smiled, feeling awkward but good. “Thank you.”

Junho and Nana ended up in the same class again. Compared to the first week, they sat beside each other starting the second week. They, too, found out that their class schedule were the same. Same class, same lab but different group partner except Biology lab. They grew closer but of course as friend. 

***


“Nana, I couldn’t find it.” Nana looked up from the book she was reading to find Yoseob was pouting sadly. She giggled.

“What? Is there something funny on my face?” Yoseob asked, touching his face to check if there was anything. Nana shook her head. 

“Then?”

“Nothing. It’s just you, too cute.” Nana giggled. Before Yoseob got mad, she got up instantly and went to search for the book. 

“Where are you book? Hmm...” Nana was searching for Chemistry book but specifically by an author. But she couldn’t find it. “It was here yesterday. Probably someone is borrowing it,” Nana sighed. She didn’t really need the book but test was around the corner and the book was the only book she trusted. She was about to walk away when a voice spoke up.

“Are you looking for this book?” 

Nana turned around but she found no one. She furrowed her eyebrows. Where did that voice come from? She wanted to leave immediately because it felt creepy.

“Yah Kim Nana, here!” 

It was Lee Junho. He was sitting at a corner, at the end of book shelves, with a book in his hand. Nana walked closer to him. She hit his head once and grabbed the book. The book was the book she was searching for. 

“Why did you hit my head?” Junho asked whiningly, rubbing his head rapidly because it was hurt.

“You creeped me out, huh,” Nana said, annoyed. She turned around and walked away.

“Aish this girl.” Junho continued rubbing his hurting head. “How can a girl could hit so hard?”

They met, got to know each other, grew closer but they didn’t manage to recognize each other yet. When they would be? Let time decided.