04

[Series] Let time decides

 

“Do you want to join us for lunch?” Kikwang invited, smiling innocently along with his best friend, Yoseob, who was standing beside him. They were just done with Physic class -the class that Nana hated the most. 

“No. I have somewhere to go.” Nana explained and smiled sheepishly.

“It’s okay. See you around.” Both of Kikwang and Yoseob made their way to cafeteria. 

“These two guys always stick together. Cute,” Nana said to herself and chuckled.


***


She looked around the library and amazed with it. “Ohmygod, this library is really large. Can I found book I want in here?” she wondered and laughed to her silliness. She went to the librarian and asked where was Science section. 


“How I wish I can understand Physics better in lectures.” She sighed while looking for Physics book. “Mr Jung, that old man...I don’t know what he’s talking about in class. How did he become a lecturer?” Nana mumbled to herself.

“I agree with you. He absolutely doesn’t have talent in lecturing,” a voice added.

“I know right! Every single thing he said, I don’t understand.” 

“He makes joke with serious face too.” 

“Yeah. No one even laughed and he didn’t even care about it.” Nana sighed. She stared at the Physics book that she held blankly. Realization hit her. Who talked to me? Nana turned her head to the source of voice. 

“It took you a while to realize that you talked to someone,” the owner of the voice said and chuckled. He was standing a bit far from Nana. Nana raised an eyebrow. The guy seemed so familiar yet he was.

“You were that guy!” she exclaimed, referring to the guy she bumped into.

“Shh! This is library for your information.” 

“Ah!” Nana covered , admitting her mistake. She grinned. “Sorry. What are you doing here?” Nana didn’t realize that she asked stupid question.

The guy laughed. “What do you mean by what I am doing here? It’s library and I came here to read book?” He intentionally made his statement sounded like a question.

Nana blanked for a moment. But then she came to her senses. “Ah, that’s right. I’m an idiot, right?”

The guy nodded, agree. He laughed. “I was just kidding. No, you’re not an idiot. If you’re, how are you ended up here?”
Nana was blanked again.

“Nevermind. By the way.” The guy took out something from his pocket; a small box (looked like a ring box). He handed it out. 

“Here is yours,” he said and smiled. Nana furrowed her eyebrows. Her mind almost couldn’t process anything. Yeah, she became blank again. 

“Are you not proposing me right?” Nana joked and stared at the guy blankly. The guy chuckled and shrugged. 

“Maybe yes, maybe no. Kidding. I think it’s something belong to you.”

An eyebrow raised by Nana. “Something…belong to me?”

The guy nodded. Hesitating, she took the small the small box but didn’t open it yet. 

“What is something belong to me? I don’t think I lost something…” Nana mumbled by herself.

This girl is surely clueless. Kinda cute, like someone I know, the guy thought and chuckled on his own thought

“A ring?” Nana examined carefully the ring. “OMG it’s my ring! Where did you find this? I don’t even know that my ring was lost. No wonder I felt something missing. Thank you so much!” Spontaneously, Nana hugged the guy. The guy was taken aback with her action. 

“Oh, sorry!” She took two steps backward. “It was just a habit,” she said, grinning awkwardly. 

“It’s okay,” the guy smiled. “Ah, I should go! See you around!”

“Thanks again!” Nana uttered “Wait, your box!” But the guy had disappeared from her sight. With positive mind that she would meet the guy again, she happily kept the small box; to give back to him.

Even after their third encounters, they still didn’t know each other’s name. Would they manage to recognize each other after knowing each other’s name? Let time decided. 


The first week of college wasn't that hectic. Many labs' lecturers were absent, so, there were not many works given yet. And it was already Sunday. Nana rested her head on the study table for the nth times. It had been nth times since she tried to understand Physics. Not even one got into her head permanently. She didn’t understand. That was why she kept forgetting and forgetting, including the basic math. She wasn't that good with math. Continuously, she let out a sigh. 

"Nana, are you alright?" Gina asked, who was just passing by her bedroom. 

"Unnie!! Help me with Physics please!" Nana pleaded, showing her puppy eyes. Gina chuckled. 

"Me? Do you know why unnie take Interior Design course? Because unnie isn't good with Science. Unnie failed Physics during high school you know?" she ended it with soft laugh. 

"Good luck my dear."

With that, Nana groaned in frustration.

***

 

"I'm going out for a walk," Nana told, slipping her sneakers. 

"Bring me together noona!" a 10 years old boy excitedly shouted. 

"There is no way I could bring you. I don't want to. Go on studying." 

"Noona please!" the boy pleaded, biting his lips. "I've been stuck in the bedroom for days...don't noona pity on me?" 

Nana rolled her eyes. "Fine! I'll give you 5 minutes to dress up."

"Noona, I'll be there," Kim Eunjo uttered, pointing to a playground. They were in a convenient store. After buying some snacks, Nana headed to the playground where her younger brother was. While munching her snacks, Nana saw someone familiar. She narrowed her eyes and tried to recognize. 

"Your eyes work too hard eyeing me." 

"Eyeing you? Oh please Kikwang.” Nana rolled her eyes. “Wanna have some snacks?" She offered after Kikwang settled himself beside her. 

"No thanks. I'm taking care of my body, so..." 

"Are you sure you don't want?" Nana asked again, munching the snacks rapidly in to lure him. Kikwang chuckled. 

"Surely you do know how to lure people," and he had a bite. Nana laughed. 

"When it comes to food, it is my specialty." 

"So, you live around here?" Kikwang asked, taking another bite of the snack. Nana nodded. 

"You too?" 

"Yep."  

"It's getting dark. I've got to go. See you tomorrow in class," Nana smiled and waved good bye. 

"Ok, see ya." 

"KIM EUNJO! Let's go home!" she yelled out loud. 

"Ok noona!" 

Kim Eunjo immediately sprinted toward his noona. Kikwang chuckled watching the siblings. 


It's going to be double update! But different time. HAHA lol