01

[Series] Let time decides

Their first met wasn’t like any other typical couples that met and fell in love at the first sight. They started off just like that. They were merely 6 years old when they first met.

A little girl was sitting on a swing. The swing didn’t move but instead the girl’s body was moving up and down. Her small hands were covering her face.

“Why are you crying?” a voice asked. 

The girl looked up to see the person who just talked to her. The person was in front of her, standing with hands in pocket. He was a boy, around her age. While still sobbing, she pointed to her right knee. There were some scratches and a bit blood but it wasn’t that bad. The boy looked at her scratches knee.

“Ah, because of this?”

The girl nodded and lowered her head. The boy then took out a handkerchief from his pocket. He kneeled on the ground and wrapped the scratch knee with the handkerchief. The girl stared blankly at the boy’s doing. She didn’t even realized that she had stopped crying and also her tears already dried up.

“Done!” He got up and smiled. “Don’t cry anymore okay?”

The girl nodded and uttered, 

“Thank you.”

Her voice was soft but loud enough to make the boy heard. The boy gave a smile, showing his eyesmile.

“It’s nothing. I advise you to wear legging next time. So that you won’t get hurt on the same place again when wearing skirt.”

The girl nodded shyly and smiled. 

“Thank you....what is your name by the way?”

“Lee Junho. You?”

“Kim Nana.”

And starting from the day, they got closer. At school, they were always together that many envied them so much. They ate together. They played together. They studied together. But of course there was no hard feeling yet. They were still kids anyway.

“Where are we going?” Nana asked. They were on the bus, heading to somewhere that Junho knew but Nana didn’t. They were only 10 years old during this time. Of course they got their parents permission to go out together since they were still underage.

“I want to show you a place. It will remain secret until we are there, so, stay quiet okay?” Junho said and grinned. Nana rolled her eyes.

“Whatever...” she folded her arms and leaned her back to the bus seat. 

Nana felt her cheek was poked. It didn’t hurt, it was just disturbing. Lazily she opened her heavy sleepy eyes. Apparently, she fell asleep. Their journey wasn’t that long but Nana had car sick, so, she tended to fall asleep. 

“We are almost there. Wake up and wipe your drool,” Junho said and chuckled. Nana immediately straightened up her body and wiped off her drool.

“Yah! There is no drool. Liar!” She punched him on the shoulder. Junho laughed and ruffled her hair. Nana pouted and folded her arms, sulking. 

“Aigoo aigoo. Look at this old baby,” Junho pinched her cheeks and smiled happily.

“Yah Nuneo! It’s hurt!” She tried to wipe off his hands from her precious cheeks. Once his hands off from her cheeks, Nana hit him hard on the head.

“Ouch!” Junho rubbed his head. “You hit too hard!”

Nana let out evil laugh. “Serve you right. Huh,” She folded her arms and looked away from him.

The place Junho was going to show Nana was,

“Playground? Is this the place you wanted to show me?” Nana frowned.

Junho curved a smile. “Yes.”

Nana rolled her eyes, annoyed. “At our neighbourhood also there’s playground.”

“It’s not the same as this though,” he said. He took Nana’s hand and pulled her to the swing. 

“Sit here,” Junho told. Obediently, Nana sat on the swing. 

“Hmm, feeling like I’ve been here before,” she uttered. 

“Don’t you remember?” Junho asked, he went to stand in front of her. Nana frowned, couldn’t catch up.

Junho shook his head. “Aigoo aigoo. You really have a short memory huh?”
Nana glared at him. “Don’t even start it. By the way Nuneo ah, tell me please...I don’t remember.” She pouted.

“Do I have to tell everything?”

“I guess so. Since I don’t remember anything.”

Taking a sit on other swing beside Nana, he let out a sigh. “We were about 6 years old at that time, of course you won’t remember.”

“6 years old?” Nana raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah. 6 years old. On that day, you were crying because of your scratched knee.”

“Wait a minute...” 

Junho turned his head to her. “Remember something?”

“Yeah! You treated my scratched knee right? You were so cool during that time,” Nana looked at him with bright eyes. A smile was on her face.

“Idiot. Why so late?”

His head got hit, again. Two weeks afterward, Junho had to move to England. His father got transferred there so suddenly (without any early notice). Without even bid goodbye, Junho left Korea and they lost contact just like that.