{TWO}

BEATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{TWO}

I tapped his shoulder which made him flinch. He quickly look at my direction with his two big scared eyes that made my heart hurt (if that even possible). At that time, I haven’t notice how my heart started beating but I did have this fluttering feeling in my guts and my body had become so hot but I disregard everything.

He seemed scared like I was going to hurt him which maybe was true. But seeing his broken state made me rethink twice. I knew there’s something wrong with him. With only looking at his state, people would know that he was in trouble. I tried to put up my sweetest smile which I hopefully succeed. Well, I rarely smile so it was a bit hard for me to curve my lips upward, showing a warm smile. All I know was how to smirk.

“Are you okay?” I asked with a concern tone. He looked slightly taken aback. I’m not really sure why but to my guess, he was not used to be care about from other people. Look at his clothes and then you would understand what I mean. He looked like some homeless person. But I was a bit confused how a young boy like him could be homeless.

“I…I’m fine,” he answered, barely above a whisper. “Are you lost?” I asked again. Some of you might wonder why I asked all those question to this beautiful boy. You could say that this is my way of hunting. I tried to get close to my prey and when they’re comfortable with me, I took some of their life force.

If any of you were asking what is actually a life force. Just as I said before, a life force is the life span of a human being and when a vampire the life force of a human, their life span would be shorten. On how long the life spans shorten depends on how much the vampire took. Some of us even dare to take all of a human life force which results in that human to die.

But as for me, I only took a month from a human. I don’t want them to live shorter than they meant to. And of course, by doing this, I tend to get hungry very often. I know that I’m stupid for only taking a bit of their life force but then at least, the human I fed got to live longer right?

There are various ways on how we vampires could take a life force from a human. One of it is by touching. Even we only touch a human’s hand; we could take the life force out of him/her. But of course, we need to touch for at least five minutes so a simple brush won’t do. The second way is by kissing –which was the way I hunt. I often kissed my prey. It really was fun. Aside from getting to quench my thirst, I was able to touch people in a more than a friendly way (you know what I mean).

The other way to take a life force of human is by having with them. Not many did this because they were afraid to get attach. We, vampires, are quite affectionate, not like what people thought we are. When we were attached to a human, we would stay by their side. Some said that the vampire would acted stupid as though the human was his master. But then, I don’t really know how it worked as I never been in that type of a situation before. And I was hoping I would never encounter in such situation. I heard it was troublesome.

Well, back to our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter