Trois

The Sparliest of Gifts

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc5jqE9y-PlRRH0-61KaH

iii. KaiSoo: Insecure When You Don't Have To Be


“You look nice.”

Kai looked over at his squishy friend and smiled. Fixing his tie for the umpteenth time whilst looking at the mirror, he mumbled a thank you to Kyungsoo.

“Hey, do you think you could grab the hair gel kept near my drawer?” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

“Really, Kai? You’ve already put so much, you’ll ruin your hair if you keep applying that stuff to it.” The older said as a matter of factly. Kai pouted, his eyes still fixed to the mirror.

“But, hyung…” Kai whined, furiously rubbing at a stray lock of hair that absolutely refused to stay down. “I want to look perfect for him.”

Kyungsoo felt a little tug at his heartstrings, but he ignored it. Sighing, he walked toward the younger and picked up a comb lying on the nearby dresser.

“C’mere,” Kyungsoo said, pulling Kai toward him. “I’ll fix it for you.” Kyungsoo got on his toes, a bit pissed off at the fact that Kai, even though he was younger, got to be taller. Swiftly running the comb through Kai’s hair, Kyungsoo was able to make it look presentable…ok, maybe a little better than presentable.

“Wow, “ Kai breathed once Kyungsoo stepped away and he was able to look in the mirror. “I-I look hot. Um, I mean, thanks hyung.”

“Your welcome.” Kyungsoo smiled at the younger, trying very hard not to get flustered by how handsome his crush looked right now. “Knock ‘em dead, Kai.”

“There’s no ‘em. Only Sehun.” Kai said, patting Kyungsoo’s shoulder. “See you later, hyung. Stay up tonight, I’ll need someone to talk with about the date.”

“Sure thing.” Kyungsoo managed to force a smile. “I’ll be right here.” Kai nodded, and grabbing his tuxedo slung over the nearby chair, was soon out the door.

“Always.”

 


 

“Kai, please, you have to eat something.” Kyungsoo urged, pushing a plate of food toward his distressed roommate.

“I’m not hungry.” Kai said monotonously. Getting up from the chair he stumbled toward the door. Kyungsoo got hold of the boy’s arm.

“Don’t go.” He pleaded, looking up at the younger with his big eyes.

“Kyungsoo, h-he dumped me.” Kai felt his eyes tear up. “I don’t think eating is going to help me get over this.”

“Aren’t I good enough?”

“Huh?” Kai was sure he had heard wrong.

“I like you, Kai. I’ll help you get over Sehun.”

“Hyung…”

“Go out with me?”

 


 

“Kyungsoo, where’s my spaghetti?” Kai asked, taking the brown tray from his boyfriend. Kyungsoo just shrugged.

“They only had hamburgers left.” Kyungsoo had his head down. “I’m sorry,” He apologized. “I should’ve gotten in line sooner, but Mr. Jongdae didn’t let us out till the entire class was finished.”

“It’s okay,” Kai smiled, ruffling the younger’s hair. “I eat spaghetti every Tuesday, it’ll be nice to eat this for a change.” He poked at the burger with a fork.

“Thanks,” Kyungsoo grinned, plopping down on the chair next to Kai. They got straight to their chatting, both oblivious to the set of eyes fixed on them.

 


 

“Kyungsoo, go on a date with me.” Kyungsoo looked up at the figure talking to him, and sighed. Getting up from his seat he started to pack his bag whilst looking at the boy.

“I told you, Yixing,I already have a boyfriend. We’ve been going out for five months and we’re very happy together so please do this as a favor to yourself and stop asking me out.” Perching the bag on his shoulder, Kyungsoo walked toward the classroom door. Kai was beside his locker when he saw the boy walk out. As he was about to call out for Kyungsoo, he saw that the older had quite an irritated expression to his face. He then saw Lay exit the room, and he could tell that something was wrong because of the tense atmosphere between them.

Kai, hiding his face, decided to follow the two.

“Just one date.” Lay begged, running after the boy. “And it’s not like Kai needs to find out.”

“No.” Kyungsoo firmly said. “I’m not going out with you, especially behind my boyfriend’s back.”

“Some boyfriend he is.” Lay said. “I saw you two at the cafeteria today. He always makes you do work, like get his lunch and stuff. Does…does he even love you?”

Kyungsoo froze at the question. Even though he wanted to tell off Yixing with a yes, he found that his conscience wouldn’t let him lie. Did Kai love him? Kyungsoo was the one who had initiated the relationship and he knew that the only reason Kai had agreed because the boy had not been in a stable condition then.

And now, maybe he was too afraid to break up because he didn’t want to hurt Kyungsoo’s feelings?

“Your silence,” Lay’s voice broke Kyungsoo from his thought. “Says it all.” With a last glance, he turns away leaving Kyungsoo confused and wondering.

Kai had heard everything.

“Ay, Kyungsoo!” He called out, causing the older to turn around. Kyungsoo was unaware that Kai had heard the entire exchange between him and Lay. He smiled, not wanting Kai to notice what he was actually thinking. Kai was about to walk up to him, when something caught his arm.

It was Sehun.

“Can I talk to you?” Sehun asked quietly. Kai was about to say something, when Kyungsoo shot him a glance assuring him it was alright. Kai nodded his head and turned to Sehun.

“Let’s go.”

Kyungsoo watched the two walk away from the crowded corridor, searching for a quieter place to talk.

It was his turn to spy.

 


 

“What is it?” Kai asked, his fingers running through his hair.

“I…” Sehun bit his lip, which would’ve turned Kai crazy five months before, but he felt nothing now. “Kai, I still like you. Seeing you with Kyungsoo made me realize that I need you back in my life.”

“What are you trying to say?”

“Let’s get back together, for real this time.” Kai was about to politely turn the boy down, when he saw Kyungsoo standing a few metres away. The older boy’s lip quivered before he turned away and ran from the scene. Kai’s mouth dropped open and he ran after the boy, but not before he was done with Sehun;

“So, what you are saying is that what he had before wasn’t real?” Sehun opened his mouth to reply, but Kai shot up a hand.

“Don’t bother. I’ve got to chase after someone who actually matters to me…and to whom I matter.”

Before Sehun could say another word, Kai was already gone.

 


 

“Kyungsoo!” Kai shouted, running amongst the parked cars. He swear he had seen Kyungsoo rush out into the car park, but the boy was nowhere to be found. Kai was about to give up, when he saw a figure duck behind a Cadillac, trying to hide itself.

“I know you’re behind there, I can see your head.” Kai said, his arms folded. Kyungsoo pretended not to hear, so Kai himself went and sat beside the boy, who he found was crying.

“Don’t cry,” Kai said, wiping away the salty tears from his boyfriend’s face. “You know I can’t stand to see anyone, especially you, cry.”

“Please don’t be so kind to me,” Kyungsoo said, taking Kai’s hands and placing them back in his lap. “I know what you’re going to say, so just get it over with.”

“What am I going to say?”

“I heard you and Sehun talking. He wants to get back with you. Your wish is fulfilled, so why are you here with me? Go to him.”

“Is this because of what Yixing told you earlier?” Kyungsoo looked a bit taken aback. “You’re not the only one who cares, I can get suspicious of the people you hang around with too you know.” Kai paused for a while, and then again put his hands on Kyungsoo’s face, pulling the older toward him.

“I might’ve wished for that a few months ago. But lately, the only thing I wish for is to always be with the squishy guy in front of me, who is too stupid to understand my true feelings… even after so long.”

“But me…over Sehun?”

“Yes,” Kai said, pulling in the boy for a kiss.

“You, over anybody.”

 


 

Heheheh....the last one before I finally get to the HUNHAN.

Hang in there Sparlie! Almost there to your OTP! ^_^